Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 01-04-2017, 02:14 AM   #1
BJCO23

Drives: 2016 2SS Manual Convertible
Any Track Times for SS Convertible and Manual?

Can't find any times on this variant for the sixth gen. Anyone has seen or done some at a track? I know some 1/4 mile tracks require them, not sure if 1/8 mile as well?
BJCO23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:33 AM   #2
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCO23 View Post
Can't find any times on this variant for the sixth gen. Anyone has seen or done some at a track? I know some 1/4 mile tracks require them, not sure if 1/8 mile as well?
I took my vert to the track in Aug. I was told that if the car was faster than 13 seconds I would have to run slower or leave (No Roll Bar). On the first run (I have never been to the track in my life) the car did 12.8 and on the second run 12.58 @ 111 mph. The officials at the track never said a word. My times got worse after that as I started to think too much... I think I could do better but I do not think I will go back. One reason is I got melted rubber all over the wheel wells and the under side of the rear fender. The other reason is I did not feel good abought beating on the car that much. I will say that it was a huge adrenalin rush and I had a blast. I highly recommend it ONCE.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:28 AM   #3
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
I think the official NHRA requirement is all convertible drivers must wear SNELL rated helmets and cars faster than 13.50 require a roll bar. Some tracks may not strictly enforce the rules for "test & tune" nights. I've seen a few 6th Gen convertibles run at the local track and they seemed to run close to the same time and speed as the coupes.

Last edited by Mark114; 01-05-2017 at 10:50 AM. Reason: update
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #4
donlx90

Drives: Colorado Z71
I haven't been to Gateway int raceway in St Louis but it used to be 13.99 & quicker required a helmet.
donlx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:31 PM   #5
BJCO23

Quote:
Originally Posted by donlx90 View Post
I haven't been to Gateway int raceway in St Louis but it used to be 13.99 & quicker required a helmet.
Thanks, hopefully I'm able to race the first time I take it somewhere. Definitely have to check prior to doing the trip to the track!
Old 01-10-2017, 10:38 PM   #6
BJCO23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
I took my vert to the track in Aug. I was told that if the car was faster than 13 seconds I would have to run slower or leave (No Roll Bar). On the first run (I have never been to the track in my life) the car did 12.8 and on the second run 12.58 @ 111 mph. The officials at the track never said a word. My times got worse after that as I started to think too much... I think I could do better but I do not think I will go back. One reason is I got melted rubber all over the wheel wells and the under side of the rear fender. The other reason is I did not feel good abought beating on the car that much. I will say that it was a huge adrenalin rush and I had a blast. I highly recommend it ONCE.
I hear you about the beating! I feel (don't ask me why) cars suffer less at night than during the day. Also feel manuals ones suffer more. Anyway, it's a blast, especially when it's a very equal race and both drivers/cars were at their 100%!

I also wonder how much will time from the car differ from the one from the track?
Old 01-11-2017, 04:19 AM   #7
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
I also wonder how much will time from the car differ from the one from the track?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not sure I understand the question...
Old 01-12-2017, 04:25 AM   #8
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCO23 View Post
I also wonder how much will time from the car differ from the one from the track?
You are talking about the onboard timer, correct? Personally I would consider the onboard timer as entertainment only. Dragstrip timeslip will tell you what reality is.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:05 PM   #9
BJCO23

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
You are talking about the onboard timer, correct? Personally I would consider the onboard timer as entertainment only. Dragstrip timeslip will tell you what reality is.
Correct, that's what I meant. I can't wait to take it to a full 1/4 mile dragstrip, but nothing too close by. Planning on going to an airstrip event in Arizona in March and we'll see!