Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-24-2016, 07:10 AM   #1
blkbeauty16

Drives: 2019 zl1
tune issue

looking for some help or advice I had my car tuned and the tuner put a 160 thermostat in and changed fan settings. The performance side is great the problem is the car keeps going into limp mode with the fans and setting coolant codes in the car. I'v brought it back at least 5 times and he has done updates. The last time I brought it back he set the fan setting back too stock I thought I was good to go cause iv gone about 200 miles with no issue until last night fans went into high speed a/c doesn't work either does rev match. I'v contacted him again and he is saying there must be a issue with the fans or sensor and too bring it too the dealer. I told him I didn't have a issue until the fan settings were changed. I have 2800 miles on the car any info would help.
blkbeauty16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:34 AM   #2
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbeauty16 View Post
looking for some help or advice I had my car tuned and the tuner put a 160 thermostat in and changed fan settings. The performance side is great the problem is the car keeps going into limp mode with the fans and setting coolant codes in the car. I'v brought it back at least 5 times and he has done updates. The last time I brought it back he set the fan setting back too stock I thought I was good to go cause iv gone about 200 miles with no issue until last night fans went into high speed a/c doesn't work either does rev match. I'v contacted him again and he is saying there must be a issue with the fans or sensor and too bring it too the dealer. I told him I didn't have a issue until the fan settings were changed. I have 2800 miles on the car any info would help.
A 160 is just too cold for a DD. You are throwing everything GM engineered out of whack with a 160 thermostat. All that is good for is delaying the ability for the engine to get up to operating temperature. It isn't going to cool your cylinder heads any better in the middle of a WOT blast.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:38 AM   #3
blkbeauty16

i should put the 195 back in and see what happens?
Old 10-24-2016, 07:50 AM   #4
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Put it back to stock and have him put all related settings back to stock.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:52 AM   #5
blkbeauty16

all the fan settings are it still has the 160 in it.