Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 03-12-2016, 06:42 PM   #1
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
MAF calibration spreadsheet

I've attached a spreadsheet I put together for refitting the MAF curve after you've applied corrections. If you don't refit the curve you will have a very choppy looking curve especially at the lower frequency ranges. You don't want that.

To use it paste your existing MAF table to the "Current Airflow" row. Then paste your correction percentages into the "Airflow Error" row. This data should come from a corresponding histogram in your scanner tool and be based on fuel trims and/or wideband feedback. The spreadsheet will then apply a 6th order polynomial fit and spit out a new MAF table in the "Calculated Airflow" row. Paste this back into your MAF table in your editor.

None of this is new but I've seen some posts here and there that mean well but really lead to a less than optimal MAF curve.

The MAF data in the spreadsheet is from my 16 SS. You will see the last cell shoot up significantly. This is not an error. GM decided to utilize 99 of the 100 cells to cover the actual operating range of the stock engine. In past applications they would dedicate more of the table to airflow ranges you would never see in stock form. Once you start modifying the engine or add a power adder the frequency axis will need to be changed to allow the additional frequencies to be calibrated correctly. If you log MAF frequency and see it going past 8550 you should adjust the frequency axis.

Hope this helps. I'll update the spreadsheet as I add more things I find need calculations to be done.

E92 Tuning.zip
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
TSloper

I logged MAF frequency over the weekend and the MSD intake did push it past the 8550 Hz cell. It's nothing major but definitely worth tweaking the axis if you are going to spend money getting it tuned.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:04 AM   #3
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
thanks I'.. fix my table this weekend and get in the wideband. The Mishmoto is due in and I've just done the grunt 5% rich across the board till I can data log.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:33 AM   #4
TSloper

Any progress on your tune?
Old 06-06-2016, 11:26 AM   #5
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I've been fooling around with my Type R and supercharged Challenger. I gotta finish this and get under the car for the wideband install. My Mishmoto intake is due in a few days.

Off the top of your head, will the spreadsheet work?

I'll get several runs once the Mishmoto is in.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:31 PM   #6
TSloper

Let me know when you are ready to tackle it and I'll help you get through the process. The spreadsheet will work but it may not be intuitive.