Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-18-2020, 09:27 PM   #1
Hyronike

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips

Hey everyone, I have a 2016 SS and am looking to upgrade the exhaust to a cat back Borla Atak. I am also considering the carbon fiber tips. Does anyone have any experience with these tips and how they hold up over time. Do they loose their finish?

Thanks for your insight
Hyronike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #2
Jb54

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS M6
I had a Borla S-type with carbon fiber tips. I wasn't in love with the look after the install. Yes the tips will last, they are high quality. Also they hide dirt and soot well. Mine stuck out the end of the rear facia about 1.5 inches.(not desirable). I guess you have to enjoy that carbon fiber look to appreciate it. I traded that car and told myself I wouldn't modify it again.
Jb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:41 AM   #3
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I bought their ATAKs with their black tips for mine. I didn't like the way the CF tips look from the rear. Inner pipe looks too small IMO?!?
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:37 PM   #4
Hyronike

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Thanks for the replies. I just ordered the Borla Atak with the carbon fiber black annodized tips. After all of the research I did it seems like you either love them or hate them. I was looking for something that didn't look like the stock polished tips. Should have them installed in a few weeks so I will post some photos when it is done.
Hyronike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:30 PM   #5
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post
I bought their ATAKs with their black tips for mine. I didn't like the way the CF tips look from the rear. Inner pipe looks too small IMO?!?
Same here I was looking at ithem myself. But they're just carbon fiber sleeves screwed to bent metal brackets. I thought they look like cheap bolton you would buy an auto parts store. I went with 4 and a half inch black ceramic coated tips. Look pretty damn beefy.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:08 PM   #6
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyronike View Post
Hey everyone, I have a 2016 SS and am looking to upgrade the exhaust to a cat back Borla Atak. I am also considering the carbon fiber tips. Does anyone have any experience with these tips and how they hold up over time. Do they loose their finish?

Thanks for your insight
Carbon Fiber a very light weight material...adding these should knock off half a sec. in 1/4 mile runs.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:05 PM   #7
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyronike View Post
Thanks for the replies. I just ordered the Borla Atak with the carbon fiber black annodized tips. After all of the research I did it seems like you either love them or hate them. I was looking for something that didn't look like the stock polished tips. Should have them installed in a few weeks so I will post some photos when it is done.
I loved these on my 2SS, I did my own install and measured back 8” instead of the 7” Borla Recommend. Made them the perfect length for the back!
Name:  44B2D6B4-3495-4484-8968-3FB8649C3737.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  116.9 KB
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote