Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-17-2020, 12:41 AM   #15
greg0ry

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOU INSIGHTS! Ty so much. I went with the Nittos. Loving them so far. Man, 1050$ out the gate tax and installation, I mean cmon! By the way, my whip is a 1LE and I want to get an alignment check, any recommendations on where I should do that? Chevy dealer? But yeah, these tires are doing the trick for me. Gonna test them out in the canyons next weekend super excited
greg0ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:12 AM   #16
striker1le

Drives: '17 M6 ZL1
I run the NT555 currently on ZL1. And have run the F1 SC and PS4S in gen 5 1LE. If it's not too late, stay away from the nitto if you plan to push hard in the canyons. They lose traction very quickly once they hit a certain temperature and after that it feels unsafe with a greasy feel on the road. But if it's for DD and a more relaxed drive in the canyons, they should work just fine.
The PS4S is a great alternative to the oem F1 considering the treadwear and traction in cold temperatures. But if you wish to push your car in the corners, F1s it is.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
striker1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:17 AM   #17
AlphaCamaro7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, NPP, A8, FBO, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
Did the road noise get quieter after installing the PS4’s? I’m planning on picking up a set for my car in a couple months from now.
they're quieter than the stock tires and the pzeros. plus they hook well in the rain.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:19 AM   #18
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
I also have the NT555 G2s on my ZL1. They are so much better in the rain than the GY were it is amazing.

When it is hot outside, the GY were better. But, since I daily my ZL1, these were a good choice.

Now, I am saving up for a second set of wheels for track day tires.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:42 AM   #19
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I also have the NT555 G2s on my ZL1. They are so much better in the rain than the GY were it is amazing.

When it is hot outside, the GY were better. But, since I daily my ZL1, these were a good choice.

Now, I am saving up for a second set of wheels for track day tires.
I agree the G2's are a lot better in rain, but they love to break lose with slight throttle on asphalt. I don't have that problem on concrete, but otherwise the Nittos are good for winter use (Texas "winter") They are really noisy IMO, I drive with the windows down a lot. I am thinking about going with the PS4S because everyone has been raving about them. Although the Conti's are a serious competitor. I noticed tire rack recently added the Yokohama Advan's.
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote