Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-15-2008, 01:55 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Going to have to go back and read all the posts, but yes, it is worth it. It won't last forever. I, too, get paid for the different and somewhat late hours. You're talking about doubling your income. Take it and do the year deal. If after you've done it for a while and haven't adjusted to it, you can change back after a year. You should get used to it after a while. But, I think it's worth a shot.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:27 AM   #16
PoPoCamaro

Drives: 2000 Dodge Dakota
I love working nights...I work nights for two months at a time and then days for two months and then back to nights and back and forth all year long. I like working nights because I just come home in the morning, go to sleep and wake up without an alarm clock. I get my running around done in the afternoon when everyone else is at work, and I still have some time to get together with friends or family before going back to work. I highly recommend investing in some great black out curtains though. Good luck!
PoPoCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #17
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Thanks for all your input and advice. It's been more helpful than I thought.

I had my phone interview today. It only lasted about 15 minutes, but I think it went pretty well. They want me in for a face-to-face tomorrow afternoon. They didn't ask me any of Microsofts famous questions like "How would you move Mt. Fuji?" They're moving away from those types of things. They did ask me a question about driving though, which I thought was interesting. Before I give you my answer, I want to hear some of yours.

"You're on the freeway in bumper to bumper traffic on your way to give a presentation in front of Bill Gates. You know you're not going to make it in time sitting in that traffic, but the car pool lane is wide open. What do you do?"

I thought it was a pretty good question. Your answer says a lot about you. It was less a personality question than it was a problem solving question though.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #18
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Taking the carpool lane will most likely compound the problem. Better to call them from a cell and explain the situation, apologize for delaying Mr. Gates as you're sure he is very busy. And ask if they would like to reschedule at his convenience or wait for you to arrive.

This shows that you trust people (even someone as high up as Mr. Gates) to be understanding when events are out of your control. And you are willing to make it up when they are available.

Otherwise you might have to explain that you couldn't call right away because you were getting a ticket and the officer wouldn't let you make a call. Or you would have to lie altogether.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #19
Pencil.Fight

That probably would have been my second choice for an answer. This is actually an issue I have pondered many a time while on the freeway and late for work, so the answer was actually quite easy for me.

I said that I would take all the cash out of my wallet, grab some homeless guy from an on ramp and zip on into that HOV lane. They all laughed and said that was something they hadn't heard before, but I think they liked my answer.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #20
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
That's a pretty nice answer, .
I'd have said something along the lines of...well, I'm not one who's apt to get caught in rush-hour traffic in the first place - so...I'd pich myself, wake-up, and get to work so I can deliver that presentation.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:32 AM   #21
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
That probably would have been my second choice for an answer. This is actually an issue I have pondered many a time while on the freeway and late for work, so the answer was actually quite easy for me.

I said that I would take all the cash out of my wallet, grab some homeless guy from an on ramp and zip on into that HOV lane. They all laughed and said that was something they hadn't heard before, but I think they liked my answer.
I would have done basically the same thing. Ask some of the passengers stuck in traffic if they would like to make a few quick bucks…

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #22
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Quote:
I would have done basically the same thing. Ask some of the passengers stuck in traffic if they would like to make a few quick bucks…
Was indeed my first reaction as well.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I'd tell'em....

First off, If I was meeting w/ Bill Gates, I'd show up at least an hour early. I'd have gone over all my info numerous times and would have been meticulous about everything. Therefore, there's no way that I could have been stuck in traffic. Seriously? I would NEVER put myself in a situation where I could be late for something important. I always show up well ahead of time to prevent crap like that from happening. Now...if I left early and ran across an accident that kept up all the traffic, I'd call explaining about the accident on the freeway, I've been sitting there for X amount of time (still plenty of time before the meeting, of course), and ask what they'd like to do. I could be on time and I could be late. Don't know how long this is going to take. Personally, I'm not letting some stinky homeless guy w/ hepatitis (take your pic what type) and any other disease known to man to get into my car. It sounds like a good idea when you say it, but is a whole different story when it comes time to do it. Believe me.....I know.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #24
Pencil.Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Personally, I'm not letting some stinky homeless guy w/ hepatitis (take your pic what type) and any other disease known to man to get into my car. It sounds like a good idea when you say it, but is a whole different story when it comes time to do it. Believe me.....I know.
Yeah, in reality my answer wouldn't even work. How many homeless people do you actually see on the side of the road on the freeway? On the ramps, sure, but it's illegal to stand or walk on the freeway. At least, it is here.

Realistically I would do what you said Tag. I'd try and leave way too early, and if I still thought there'd be a possibility that I wouldn't make it, I would call in and explain the situation to someone.

I knew they were looking for something innovative and "outside the box", so I went with my original answer.

On another related note, I had my face-to-face interview yesterday. I just got a call this morning telling me that they wanted to give me the job! :party0048:

So, starting January 30th, I will probably not be on here nearly as much as I am now. My current job consists mainly of sitting at a desk and answering the phones if/when someone calls us (maybe 4 calls a day?). So I have plenty of time to browse the forums.

My new job, however, will be working with a team that is "understaffed and overworked" so I will be keeping quite busy. I may have to start turning on my computer at home to get my Camaro fix!

Still, this job is my ticket to getting those keys as soon as the Camaro becomes available, so I really can't complain. Not to mention the fact that it's going to launch my career in the IT industry.

I'm 21 and making over $60k a year, and it can only go up from here!

(Please god, don't let computers become obsolete for at least 40 years!)
Old 01-18-2008, 09:10 PM   #25
PoPoCamaro

Drives: 2000 Dodge Dakota
Congrats Pencil!
PoPoCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:21 AM   #26
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Congratulations, Pencil! 60K at 21 is a heck of a lot more than most people make w/ even more years on ya. Stick with it. If the hours are rough, remember that it won't be forever. You'll start getting used to the hours and hey, maybe it'll be something you actually like. If not, remember...$$$$$$$$. That'll put that smile back on your face!

BTW, I did like your "outside the box" thinking. That was an answer I wouldn't have expected to hear. I'm sure they got a kick out of it. lol.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #27
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Congratulations!!!! Well done!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote