Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 03-18-2021, 01:12 AM   #1
AceSam07

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Unhappy Need Exhaust fitment help!!!

Hey guys this is my first time posting on this forum, but have read a lot through this forum and you guys always have answers I’m looking for. This time I need to know something specific. I’m trying to do a whole exhaust system and I want to know how many fitment issues I’m going to run into. I currently have KOOK 1-7/8” Catted headers on my car and In the trunk I have speed engineering mid-pipes and Borla S-type NPP mufflers. Gonna take it down to a shop and Saturday, and I need to know, has anybody installed SE Mid pipes on anything besides their own headers? I want to know if I need to grab some extra pipe or extra clamps or something. Please let me know if you guys know anything about them. Thanks guys 👍🏻
AceSam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:11 PM   #2
AceSam07

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Yeah so i had it all installed, NOBODY DO THIS. The car sounds amazing with the setup but it took a decent amount of fabrication work. So KOOKS catted long tubes+Speed Engineering Mid-Pipes+Borla S-Type Axleback= Beautiful sound but a very very very painful process. Please do not attempt
AceSam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:40 PM   #3
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Pics of fab work would be nice.

But yeah, anything from different companies will need some fab work. Bring your wallet.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
borla, exhaust, headers, kooks, speed engineering