Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-25-2022, 03:23 PM   #29
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I got alot of the same attention when I upgraded my tires earlier this year to the 555G2's 255/305. Same with the guys at the Cadillac dealer where I get my oil changes. My car is not really understated, the wheels were a stretch for this old school chrome guy. Seen them on other cars and did not like them but I wanted to do a red/black scheme on white car. I got custom stripes that match the wheel color and think it came out great. I also have the adrenaline red interior, seats are two-tone red/black tho.

BTW, my C5 corvette got alot of attention also.

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 06:19 PM   #30
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRuss View Post
I got alot of the same attention when I upgraded my tires earlier this year to the 555G2's 255/305. Same with the guys at the Cadillac dealer where I get my oil changes. My car is not really understated, the wheels were a stretch for this old school chrome guy. Seen them on other cars and did not like them but I wanted to do a red/black scheme on white car. I got custom stripes that match the wheel color and think it came out great. I also have the adrenaline red interior, seats are two-tone red/black tho.

BTW, my C5 corvette got alot of attention also.

Hey, is that red lighting on the FLOOR in the interior photo, or is that actually a red floor mat? If it's a floor mat, how do you keep it that clean??

And I too love "Tim The Tool Man"! "Home Improvement" was a GREAT TV series. My favourite episode was the one where Tim accidentally crushed the Nomad and tried to tell Jill it was just a "minor repair". Souping up the family dishwasher was also good!

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 11:25 PM   #31
2SS4MelanieRN

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Redline
I think it really depends on how many cars are around that look like yours. No one anywhere near me has a Camaro that looks like mine so I get long looks/comments every time I drive it...and it's 4 years old! Fun to get the attention as my last RS was pretty common.

I have a 2017 RF Miata and people never know what that car is. So it gets a lot of looks/comments too. There just aren't many around in the KC area.

Mustangs, on the other hand, are everywhere in my town. I would suspect there are at least 10 different all black ones around me, and they look nice, they're just so common.
2SS4MelanieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:15 AM   #32
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
My 2018 Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Edition 2SS M6 gets attention everywhere. It may have something to do with the color. lol
Attached Images

1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:30 AM   #33
JimGnitecki

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
. . . It may have something to do with the color. lol
Yes, that's a very eye-catching colour! A friend at our church has an SS in that very flashy lime green colour with the chrome wheels. It stands right out! Our own daily driver is a 2022 Ford Maverick. It's only an "XL" (the lowest Ford trim), but the colour is the one that everyone wants: "Area 51". That colour changes its apparent hues from bluish to greenish depending upon the ambient outdoor lighting.

In the photo below the time of day was summer evening at 3000 feet elevation (where The Sun is VERY bright), and the colour looked like the photo below.

Jim G
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2022, 08:37 AM   #34
JimGnitecki

Look how different the colour appears in this photo taken on Vancouver Island, at sea level, wintertime, on a cloudy day.

Jim G
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2022, 12:50 PM   #35
JoeCamaro444

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki View Post
Yes, that's a very eye-catching colour! A friend at our church has an SS in that very flashy lime green colour with the chrome wheels. It stands right out! Our own daily driver is a 2022 Ford Maverick. It's only an "XL" (the lowest Ford trim), but the colour is the one that everyone wants: "Area 51". That colour changes its apparent hues from bluish to greenish depending upon the ambient outdoor lighting.

In the photo below the time of day was summer evening at 3000 feet elevation (where The Sun is VERY bright), and the colour looked like the photo below.

Jim G
My buddy just bought one. Sharp little trucks. Your color is definitely sharp. Something about the creamy looking colors. My Camaro is in Crush, which looks like a bold orange in some lights, and blood orange in others. Congrats on your Maverick, I think they’re the best looking small trucks out there. 👍🏻
Attached Images

1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
Old 11-26-2022, 01:06 PM   #36
Reptargoesrawr

Drives: 2022 LT1 Vert
I can't express how thankful I am that you shared those photos. I took delivery of my '22 LT1 Redline Vert in August and I have been looking since then at seat covers. Being color blind (yes I can still drive) a generic/stock photo on a website is useless. Pair that with being in a tiny city way up Northern Ontario with minimal auto shops and even less custom available it's been quite a challenge.

That lipstick red is exactly what I envisioned for my Camaro. I got ahold of that dealership and am working out a way for them to ship from AB to ON.
Reptargoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 01:07 PM   #37
rst08tierney
Account Suspended

Drives: '23 2SS Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
My 2018 Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Edition 2SS M6 gets attention everywhere. It may have something to do with the color. lol
or that mustang license plate
rst08tierney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 05:27 PM   #38
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki View Post
Hey, is that red lighting on the FLOOR in the interior photo, or is that actually a red floor mat? If it's a floor mat, how do you keep it that clean??

And I too love "Tim The Tool Man"! "Home Improvement" was a GREAT TV series. My favourite episode was the one where Tim accidentally crushed the Nomad and tried to tell Jill it was just a "minor repair". Souping up the family dishwasher was also good!

Jim G
Yeah, red Lloyds floor mats. I have to shampoo them a couple times a year. They are very good quality and have held up well.

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 06:14 PM   #39
JoeCamaro444

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
or that mustang license plate
I can see how you’d say that. lol

It’s actually a nod to Kramer from Seinfeld, also a nod to HP(as in, it has a lot of giddy up!)…not to mention that the Camaro was originally a pony car. That being said, I have nothing against Mustangs. They’re not for me, but their existence made the Camaro push to be better every year. 😎
Old 11-26-2022, 09:18 PM   #40
JimGnitecki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptargoesrawr View Post
I can't express how thankful I am that you shared those photos. I took delivery of my '22 LT1 Redline Vert in August and I have been looking since then at seat covers. Being color blind (yes I can still drive) a generic/stock photo on a website is useless. Pair that with being in a tiny city way up Northern Ontario with minimal auto shops and even less custom available it's been quite a challenge.

That lipstick red is exactly what I envisioned for my Camaro. I got ahold of that dealership and am working out a way for them to ship from AB to ON.
Glad I could help! Do you mean that you called Murray Chevrolet (the dealership we bought from)?

Jim G
Old 12-05-2022, 06:19 PM   #41
Edward Paul

Drives: LT1
Your car is a nice-looking ride, and the SC is icing on the cake.
I guess it's safe to say 275's will work on stock LT1 rims.
Edward Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:45 PM   #42
JimGnitecki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Paul View Post
Your car is a nice-looking ride, and the SC is icing on the cake.
I guess it's safe to say 275's will work on stock LT1 rims.
Thanks. King and others say they will help noticeably, and the stock LT1 wheel width is just 0.5" narrower than recommended for the 275 width tires. The local tire shop manager said no problem. I won't find out until Spring though. The weather is very wintry here now - way too cold for drag radials.

Jim G