Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 10-06-2020, 11:36 AM   #183
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
1le i can understand more about not tracking but zl1 1le that one i wouldnt understand at all...its literally a purpose built factory racecar and drives like shit on the streets so anybody have a zl1 1le and doesnt track it? how about that question?

i know there is a guy here that is bagged so obviously he doesnt count haha
Old 10-06-2020, 11:37 AM   #184
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Glare

oh yea i know you know i was asking the other guy lol
Old 10-06-2020, 11:40 AM   #185
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
1le i can understand more about not tracking but zl1 1le that one i wouldnt understand at all...its literally a purpose built factory racecar and drives like shit on the streets so anybody have a zl1 1le and doesnt track it? how about that question?

i know there is a guy here that is bagged so obviously he doesnt count haha
Agreed, the SS 1le is an amazing dual purpose machine. The ZLE is not a car I would buy, too hard core for me.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:41 AM   #186
Mike Aruba

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Glare

Free? Is that why you try and plug those yyz springs in any new thread that comes up? LOL....ricer.....how much faster do your purple wheels make you? Whats the purpose of the color, surely more beneficial than the black hood wrap you for some reason hate on.

You are the perfect example of the phrase, don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house.

Mike Aruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:42 AM   #187
ST1LE

Quote:
oh yea i know you know i was asking the other guy lol
Fair, didn't quote anyone so I took it as a reply to the group.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:51 AM   #188
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Glare

Free? Is that why you try and plug those yyz springs in any new thread that comes up? LOL....ricer.....how much faster do your purple wheels make you? Whats the purpose of the color, surely more beneficial than the black hood wrap you for some reason hate on.

You are the perfect example of the phrase, don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house.

yup thats why and they are the best spring out there because he bought every single one and tested them and people still dont believe him...every 1le owner thinks their car is the best and wont modify it due to chevy making it perfect which i understand its a pretty damn good car from the factory. and purple wheels dont make me faster just didnt want black or silver like every other camaro owner with no imaganation and i dont hate on the black hood? i would actaully do it to my car but then i would be a fake 1le and we dont want that...

i was also the testcar for afe power so thats why i plug their products also make sense?
Old 10-06-2020, 11:59 AM   #189
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Glare

You seem rather upset. Why make this into a personal attack?
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:02 PM   #190
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post

Old 10-06-2020, 12:04 PM   #191
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Yes, I agree the ZL1 1LE is a bit much for daily on the street. Can it be done, yes, would I do it near metro areas like Philadelphia, not likely.
In fact there are many places, and some towns where I have to put the car in "Tour" due to the crap streets.
Swapping out the Goodyears smoothed things some as well.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:25 PM   #192
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Quote:
na i got most of my parts free or discounted and i got my car before the 1le was even released so yes thats my bad only thing i wish i had now was recaros and elsd but everything else is pretty much same or better now

and ricer hood wrap? lol do you even know why its on the car
Considering you can't even see the hood, that and the angle of inclusion between your sight line and the hood wouldn't result in glare anyway, pursuing aircraft may not agree. Anyway in my personal opinion it looked like shit on a black car and looks much better without. I'm at 25K miles and have never been blinded yet, YMMV.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:32 PM   #193
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
Considering you can't even see the hood, that and the angle of inclusion between your sight line and the hood wouldn't result in glare anyway, pursuing aircraft may not agree. Anyway in my personal opinion it looked like shit on a black car and looks much better without. I'm at 25K miles and have never been blinded yet, YMMV.

lol ive never had one or driven a 1le only sat in one but the theory makes sense to me but yea i agree on a black car it looks funky but if your not going to track it no biggie the hud seems pretty cool also something else i dont have!
Old 10-06-2020, 02:52 PM   #194
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Never going to track mine and a 1LE, got a great deal on my 1SS, and a 1LE would have been around $8-10K more. Not even close to being worth it to me.
Everyone is different.

The only way I would spec out a 1SS:
Magnetric ride (must have for me, last several cars have had it)
Recaro seats (I hate the standard seats in the 1SS and 2SS)
NPP exhaust (must have)

I also don't love the stock wheels, and probably looking at $1500-2K for aftermarket once you get tires balanced, mounted, etc.

At that point you are right there with an SS1LE and the SS1LE package gives you so much more:
- eDiff. I am a big fan.
- Hud (which I really like having)
- Brake upgrade (which is close to a $3K standalone option on the 1SS)
- Alcantara steering wheel and shift boot
- More cooling (may or may not care)
- Rear lip spoiler (which I prefer to the 1SS spoiler)
- Front lip spoiler (which I would have added to a 1SS because the car really needs it for me)

It's a ton of options for the money. Now I will track my car so it's a no brainer, but based on just the above if you like some of the options the SS1LE already has, at some point it just makes sense to get the SS1LE. It certainly won't hurt resale.

I get why people don't want an SS1LE, but there are lots of factors. I have seen LT1's with a bunch of options and at some point it seems like I would just spend a little bit more and get a 1SS/1LE?
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:17 PM   #195
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
You're right.

Quote:
Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
Everyone is different.

The only way I would spec out a 1SS:
Magnetric ride (must have for me, last several cars have had it)
Recaro seats (I hate the standard seats in the 1SS and 2SS)
NPP exhaust (must have)

I also don't love the stock wheels, and probably looking at $1500-2K for aftermarket once you get tires balanced, mounted, etc.

At that point you are right there with an SS1LE and the SS1LE package gives you so much more:
- eDiff. I am a big fan.
- Hud (which I really like having)
- Brake upgrade (which is close to a $3K standalone option on the 1SS)
- Alcantara steering wheel and shift boot
- More cooling (may or may not care)
- Rear lip spoiler (which I prefer to the 1SS spoiler)
- Front lip spoiler (which I would have added to a 1SS because the car really needs it for me)

It's a ton of options for the money. Now I will track my car so it's a no brainer, but based on just the above if you like some of the options the SS1LE already has, at some point it just makes sense to get the SS1LE. It certainly won't hurt resale.

I get why people don't want an SS1LE, but there are lots of factors. I have seen LT1's with a bunch of options and at some point it seems like I would just spend a little bit more and get a 1SS/1LE?
Exactly this for me too. Those options are must have items, and I like an aggressive stance. The 1LE is such a wonderful package, for buyers like us and the options we want, it is a no brainer whether it is tracked or not.
Old 10-06-2020, 05:03 PM   #196
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I thought the matt black hood paid homage to the old Trans Am racers of the '60's and '70's and also doubled to help hide the hood in the PDR.