Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 06-01-2018, 09:45 AM   #15
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffFox View Post
Thanks Norm,

As I understand it CG=center of gravity. Correct? Any chance you could send me a picture of your set up in use?
In this case, CG-lock is only the product name, although I suppose you could say that it keeps your own personal CG locked in a bit better.

Here you go with a picture . . . the towel is only for contrast; black belting doesn't show up very well against a black shirt and I wasn't going to go change it just to take a picture. Hides a little weight I need to lose, too.

Norm
Old 06-01-2018, 11:32 AM   #16
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
Here is what I will start with

Will use in a few weeks at a track day and let you know how it works.
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #17
JeffFox

Quote:
Will use in a few weeks at a track day and let you know how it works.
https://www.amazon.com/Diono-40180-S...seat+belt+clip
Old 06-01-2018, 09:56 PM   #18
JeffFox

Great photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
In this case, CG-lock is only the product name, although I suppose you could say that it keeps your own personal CG locked in a bit better.

Here you go with a picture . . . the towel is only for contrast; black belting doesn't show up very well against a black shirt and I wasn't going to go change it just to take a picture. Hides a little weight I need to lose, too.

Norm
Thanks for taking the picture and posting. You set up makes good sense. It may be a problem with the ductwork on my cooled seats so I am going to go with the baby seat clips first. I will let you know how it works.

Thanks again!

Jeff
Old 06-01-2018, 10:24 PM   #19
full*throttle*therapy

Drives: '18 RH ZL1 1LE
The car has a seat belt "ratchet" feature, doesn't this take the place of cg-lock type device? Am I missing something?

Seat Belts
Lap-Shoulder Belt
On coupe models, the driver seat belt has an Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR). This feature is useful in performance driving scenarios where the driver wants to be held in the seat more tightly to take advantage of the aggressive bolstering of the seat.
To use:
1. Move the seat 8–10 cm (3–4 in) rearward from the normal driving position.
2. Pull the driver shoulder belt out as far as it will go, until it stops, to set the lock. While holding the shoulder belt in this position, buckle the belt. When you release the shoulder belt, the retractor will make a ratchet sound when it retracts. When the retractor lock is set, the belt can be tightened but not pulled out of the retractor.
3. Adjust the belt close to body, and then move the seat forward 8–10 cm (3–4 in) to the desired driving position. This will hold the belt to your body even tighter. The belt fit should be tight, but not uncomfortable. To unlatch the belt, press the button on the buckle. The belt should return to its stowed position
full*throttle*therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:51 PM   #20
JeffFox

Good post

Quote:
Originally Posted by full*throttle*therapy View Post
The car has a seat belt "ratchet" feature, doesn't this take the place of cg-lock type device? Am I missing something?

Seat Belts
Lap-Shoulder Belt
On coupe models, the driver seat belt has an Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR). This feature is useful in performance driving scenarios where the driver wants to be held in the seat more tightly to take advantage of the aggressive bolstering of the seat.
To use:
1. Move the seat 8–10 cm (3–4 in) rearward from the normal driving position.
2. Pull the driver shoulder belt out as far as it will go, until it stops, to set the lock. While holding the shoulder belt in this position, buckle the belt. When you release the shoulder belt, the retractor will make a ratchet sound when it retracts. When the retractor lock is set, the belt can be tightened but not pulled out of the retractor.
3. Adjust the belt close to body, and then move the seat forward 8–10 cm (3–4 in) to the desired driving position. This will hold the belt to your body even tighter. The belt fit should be tight, but not uncomfortable. To unlatch the belt, press the button on the buckle. The belt should return to its stowed position
2 things:

1)I drive with the seat nearly all the way back

2)not available in passenger seat

I do appreciate the post and plan to give it a try. Thanks for the share!
Old 06-05-2018, 06:05 PM   #21
StudioRSR_Ben

Drives: 68 RS'
StudioRSR bolt-in roll cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
In case of a roll-over, the harness will keep you upright in the seat while the roof structure is deforming "downward" toward the car floor. It's trying to make your spine sub for the missing roll structure.

Norm
Absolutely correct on that one Norm. I'm very happy to see many of the members on here running our Bolt-in roll cage in the Camaro. While running harness straps can be made possible without a roll cage or at the very least a harness bar mounted inside the cabin, it's something we wouldn't recommend for a number of safety reasons.
StudioRSR_Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:10 PM   #22
StudioRSR_Ben

Drives: 68 RS'
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSST_LAP View Post
I have used the Sparco 6 point and currently using the Schroth Profi II 6 point hans. My experience is the the Schroth is better in terms of feel and quality, latch feel. Sparco is good but the Schroth IMO is better.
Which harness bar or roll cage or you using?
StudioRSR_Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:55 PM   #23
royriccomini

Drives: Zl1 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010REDSS View Post
GForce 5pt harnesses, Driven Seats, Studio RSR 4pt cage.
Looks awesome!

Did you bolt RSR cage in or weld? I hear the plates are small and only two bolts per/cage. Which seat delet kit did you use?

Thanks
royriccomini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:20 AM   #24
JeffFox

Reporting back

Quote:
Used one of these clips at last night's track day at the Milwaukee Mile. Works! Much like one would expect: stabilizes hips/torso which is a safety and confort plus. Does not consistently decrease shoulder movement. My analysis: definitley worth $2 and 2 minutes of time to improve comfort and safety. I will heed the good advice I received and forgo a harness unless I opt for a roll cage first. Had a great time at the track as always. Really enjoy my Camaro!

That's all I have on this topic.https://www.camaro6.com/forums/image...ies/thanks.gif
Old 06-22-2018, 09:12 AM   #25
2010REDSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by royriccomini View Post
Looks awesome!

Did you bolt RSR cage in or weld? I hear the plates are small and only two bolts per/cage. Which seat delet kit did you use?

Thanks
Bolted and SkidMarkGarage RSD Kit. Nice kit.

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2016 2SS Convertible "NOTOPSS" (Sold)
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"
2010 2SS Coupe "FASSTER" (Sold)
2002 SS/RS "02FASST" (Sold)
2007 Factory Five Racing GTM "REDBLUR" (Sold)

"There are two kinds of cars. Red....and everything else!"
2010REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:23 AM   #26
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I've been pretty happy with the "child lock" feature on the front seat belts in the ZL1 1LE, seem to do a ok job, I had a 4pt schroth set up on my 5th gen Recaros. Does the SS or ZL1 have the "child lock" make shift 3pt harness feature also?
Old 06-22-2018, 07:00 PM   #27
JeffFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
I've been pretty happy with the "child lock" feature on the front seat belts in the ZL1 1LE, seem to do a ok job, I had a 4pt schroth set up on my 5th gen Recaros. Does the SS or ZL1 have the "child lock" make shift 3pt harness feature also?
I am not familiar with this feature, please enlighten me.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:58 PM   #28
Cupahaters

Drives: 2017 fifty camaro
If you buy a 5 point harness do you have to use the one in between the legs?
Cupahaters is offline   Reply With Quote