Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #85
HurstPerformance

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Well since in installed mine I love it. Big problem and why I won't buy a Hurst product again was when shifter came in was very excited to install it. The directions were easy and straight forward. The shifter wouldnt set properly on the plate....I only bought the shifter not the plate....
We're sorry to hear this and appreciate you mentioning it. What is the part number of the Hurst shift handle that you purchased? Is there any way that you could post up, or PM us, a few photos of the part that you purchased and the issue that you were having? We'd love to be able to see what may have been going on and sincerely apologize that you do not feel you received the assistance or support that you needed when you reached out to our Customer Service department.
HurstPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:51 PM   #86
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
I had to shave off 1/8th inch off the bottom of mine to get the screw to match the mounting hole in the shifter so you could actually mount it.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:40 AM   #87
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstPerformance View Post
We're sorry to hear this and appreciate you mentioning it. What is the part number of the Hurst shift handle that you purchased? Is there any way that you could post up, or PM us, a few photos of the part that you purchased and the issue that you were having? We'd love to be able to see what may have been going on and sincerely apologize that you do not feel you received the assistance or support that you needed when you reached out to our Customer Service department.
Here is your response...

Hi Matt..funny this post is here....my shifter install was a nightmare. I received my comp stick shifter for the automatic Camaro from jegs last week as an early xmas gift. Im in Ontario Canada. Sunday night I decided to install it.....im decent enough mechanically so I didn't think I would have any problems. Simple....remove the stock shifter by removing the screw at the base...shifter slides of no trouble. Simple install...slide the hurst shifter onto the shift mechanism and install the new screw..easy right...hell no. The shifter wouldn't sit properly on the shift mechanism...it was too high. When I pushed it down to install the screw..put it in park...I couldn't get my key out. The trigger wouldn't move and the shifter didn't engage any of the gears...I took it apart ..did it all again. Something wasn't right. So today I called a mechanic friend over to have a look....I suspected something up with the shifter. He came over tried everything I had done as per your instructions. No luck...I didn't think the shifter was engaging the mechanism properly. So I decided to remove the handle on the shifter for a better look. Put it back on ..right away you could see the angle of the slope on the plastic slides in the shifter were not lining up with the shifter mechanism on the car. So we went one step further and removed the 2 little allen screws that hold the plate that keeps the plastic sliders in place...put it back on the car...you could see right away they were engaging backwards. So we simply flipped them over...reinstalled it...bingo. We reassembled everything and now it works perfectly. How can this happen..i have it on the car and love it..im not looking for a refund but as a customer I shouldn't have to rebuild something like this. Its a major failure in the part of hurst..as a valued customer im wondering how you guys will make this right.

Hi rontammy0,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties that you experienced with your Hurst Comp Kit. It is hard to determine exactly how the assembly error that you described may have occurred. This is a discontinued product and we will have our QC team check all remaining stock to be sure that this is an isolated issue. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you and am happy to know that you were able to achieve a proper installation.

Sure an apology was given...but there was no follow up...no info regarding your investigation. Is it because it was a discontinued product? Like I said in my original message it was a gift so I didnt order it and no longer have the box...the shifter is still in the car but the box with the part number is long gone. Its the same one as the ops original post...i didnt get the baseplate just the shifter. I just looked it up.....part #5380431.

Last edited by rontammy0; 09-20-2016 at 01:02 AM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:27 PM   #88
Chantro5

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
Is there anywhere to get my hands on a full kit?
Old 09-20-2016, 01:16 PM   #89
BillGalina

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Crystal Red Tint
its discontinued but i was also told buy Hurst it won't fit 2014 or 15

\
BillGalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:11 PM   #90
Chantro5

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGalina View Post
its discontinued but i was also told buy Hurst it won't fit 2014 or 15

Ahh, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 05:45 PM   #91
HurstPerformance

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Sure an apology was given...but there was no follow up...no info regarding your investigation. Is it because it was a discontinued product? Like I said in my original message it was a gift so I didnt order it and no longer have the box...the shifter is still in the car but the box with the part number is long gone. Its the same one as the ops original post...i didnt get the baseplate just the shifter. I just looked it up.....part #5380431.
Thanks for the reply, rontammy0. We do apologize that you did not receive a follow-up message earlier. Your original post was forwarded to our QC department when it was received. Although the Hard Drive Comp Stick was discontinued, we did not receive notification that this issue affected any of the sticks that were left in stock at that time. We hope that you are still enjoying your shift handle and thank you for sharing this information with us.
HurstPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 01:40 AM   #92
Scottrobert

Drives: White 2013 automatic Camaro 1ss
Where can I find one of these shifters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@BMRacing View Post
This was a test-fit of the final (or near final) prototype in tribone's car. We needed to make sure that all the components will fit nicely and no more changes in spec or instructions are needed. As it currently stands, the pieces are ready for production, but we will need to revise the installation process slightly AND order a different part to put the whole kit together. For those of you involved in manufacturing, you probably know that this final process typically takes more than 8 weeks from this point on. Originally we wanted to get everything done in time for the holiday shopping season, but the trigger stick design took longer than expected.

As of right now, the plate and the stick will be sold separately. MSRP has not been determined yet, but we're hoping to keep the whole kit at around the same price as the manual shifter...The automatic kit is more complicated to machine but we are doing what we can to keep the prices reasonable. There will also be options to purchase the plate and stick separately (of course, that will cost more than buying them together for various reasons) if you like only the console plate, or if you like only the stick. For those of you that want to keep the stock stick, or already have a favorite stick in mind, the plate will be a nice stand-alone upgrade for your automatic console. As soon as we have a set pricing for the part numbers, I will make that public either through our distributors here or through an announcement on the Hurst website.

Do keep in mind, the upper handle of the stick is removable. Our engineers are working on a solution to add 2-3 buttons on the handle to enable a few "interesting" options like a line-lock or nitrous...Or maybe another option that automatic Camaro drivers will be clamouring for. In addition to that, popular options like T-handles and our chromed stick and knob combination will be available shortly as well.

I took a couple of shots of the end result of the installation as well. See attached.
Where can I find one? Or am I SOL?...
Scottrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 05:53 PM   #93
bjsmusic

Drives: 2011 Camero RS infernal Orange ,
Cool Hurst shifter base 5th gen

Looking for a 5th gen Hurst shifter base plate. If someone is getting rid of one I am interested.
bjsmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 07:36 AM   #94
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsmusic View Post
Looking for a 5th gen Hurst shifter base plate. If someone is getting rid of one I am interested.

You better be ready to spend some green. I have see them on here asking up to $400 for one.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:39 AM   #95
BLU DUCE

Here is mine had it since day one
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2022, 08:13 AM   #96
bjsmusic

Drives: 2011 Camero RS infernal Orange ,
Your shifter looks nice,
The price if reasonable is what it is . Not muck
H can be done about it, I am surprised that Hurst isn’t making them any longer ,and that no one has made a knock off .
bjsmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 10:12 AM   #97
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
shifter is beautiful....
2010sgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 10:15 AM   #98
BLU DUCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsmusic View Post
Your shifter looks nice,
The price if reasonable is what it is . Not muck
H can be done about it, I am surprised that Hurst isn’t making them any longer ,and that no one has made a knock off .
That shifter on there is called a [Drake shifter] It was the original one they were going to put in the Automatic.