Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-08-2019, 05:08 PM   #29
fadkar

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
When the universe speaks, you need to listen! Congrats on your new dream car, the one that you never dreamed of owning. For what ever reason, the Miata just wasn't in the cards. This may be the best car you never thought you'd own.
Agreed! If only all of life's surprises were this pleasant!
Old 05-08-2019, 05:09 PM   #30
fadkar

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
There are few cars that the look of them annoys me on a very deep level. One is a PT Cruiser with that fake wood on the sides, the other is a clown car Miata. I hate Miatas so much. You made a wise choice, it was a sign that Mazda couldn’t help you, Miatas suck.
haha sounds like someone had a bad experience with one??
Old 05-08-2019, 05:24 PM   #31
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadkar View Post
haha sounds like someone had a bad experience with one??
Lol no, I have just always hated them!
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:31 PM   #32
Wolff

Drives: 2017 HBM SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by internationlriders View Post
Congrats on the 1LE! Perfect drivers car!

The MX5 makes me smile more, but the Camaro gets my blood pumping!
This. Well said.
Congrats and welcome to the club!

Not sure which produces more smiles for me but my '17 SS 1LE shares the garage with an NB Miata. Both very fun machines, but products of VERY different philosophies.
I guess if I ever had to make an automotive Sophie's Choice, the Miata loses (sorry Carolyn!)
Wolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:10 PM   #33
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlifejohnny View Post
Did you consider the Honda Civix type R for $37,000. I can seem to pull the trigger. Love the thought of the V8 and all that the Camano embodies however, not as practical a daily as the CTR.. coming from an Escalade ((kids driving and wife has a crossover SUV) i worry about the lack of... well everything. Storage, trunk.. etc. Both excellent cars .
You can't deny its performance, but I think the looks are over the top for anyone above the 29 age range.

It just looks so immature and boy racer. This is just my opinion of course, that every time I see one, that is what I think.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:51 PM   #34
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
You can't deny its performance, but I think the looks are over the top for anyone above the 29 age range.

It just looks so immature and boy racer. This is just my opinion of course, that every time I see one, that is what I think.
Its a ridiculous car and almost 40K for a Civic with a body kit and turbo is stupid. You could buy a 28K turbo 4 camaro and at least have a car that looks cool while sounding like a lawnmower. I really just hate 4 cylinder “sports cars” big emphasis on the “ “
Old 05-09-2019, 09:19 AM   #35
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Its a ridiculous car and almost 40K for a Civic with a body kit and turbo is stupid. You could buy a 28K turbo 4 camaro and at least have a car that looks cool while sounding like a lawnmower. I really just hate 4 cylinder “sports cars” big emphasis on the “ “
Different strokes for different folks. Some people absolutely love hot hatches
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #36
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Different strokes for different folks. Some people absolutely love hot hatches
I’m not one of them lol
Old 05-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #37
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
Civic type R vs a '19 Camaro SS ??? $37k vs $37.8k ???

What's wrong with -THAT- picture!!??!!

Freakin' no-brainer!
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:37 PM   #38
Midlifejohnny

Drives: Cadillac Escalade
mdhopt36..Im not sure how to interpret your post .Have you read about the Civic Type or better yet driven one?? Its one helluva car! I can buy an 2018 SS 1LE with 2k Miles on it all day long for 33-35k down from 46k. almost 25% percent in one year.. Crazy depreciation unfortunately. Never in my 30 years of being a car enthusiast have I witness the madness surrounding the Civic TypeR 3rd year of production and people are still paying 3-5k over MSRP.. Fact! I know, I have been trying to buy one. 3 years in and still commanding a premium. Yes that's for a new one but slightly used ones are being sold at MSRP. You could have purchased a 488 GTB Ferrari at MSRP in the 3rd year of production. You may hate 4 cylinder cars. You may hate the looks etc etc but there is no denying Honda hit it out of the park on this one as far as performance and fun factor. As my kids are starting to drive and my Escalade lease is up I need a place to easily put two cases of water when shopping or my cell phone etc etc. The only reason I haven't pulled trigger on the Camaro yet is it simply isn't as functional as a daily. Cant deny that either. Camaro is arguably a better weekend car then the TYPE R but Im in the market for a daily. All good stuff. Love that there are many options
Midlifejohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:12 PM   #39
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
You camaro purchase reminded of the quote from a really good article:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...d-test-review/

At the risk of drawing major-league hate from both camps, one driver likened its reassuring demeanor to that of a “big, fat Miata.” Let us assure you this was meant as a compliment of the highest order.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:54 PM   #40
CoolbreezeNJ

Drives: '18 Hotwheels 2SS
Quote:
mdhopt36..Im not sure how to interpret your post .Have you read about the Civic Type or better yet driven one?? Its one helluva car! I can buy an 2018 SS 1LE with 2k Miles on it all day long for 33-35k down from 46k. almost 25% percent in one year.. Crazy depreciation unfortunately. Never in my 30 years of being a car enthusiast have I witness the madness surrounding the Civic TypeR 3rd year of production and people are still paying 3-5k over MSRP.. Fact! I know, I have been trying to buy one. 3 years in and still commanding a premium. Yes that's for a new one but slightly used ones are being sold at MSRP. You could have purchased a 488 GTB Ferrari at MSRP in the 3rd year of production. You may hate 4 cylinder cars. You may hate the looks etc etc but there is no denying Honda hit it out of the park on this one as far as performance and fun factor. As my kids are starting to drive and my Escalade lease is up I need a place to easily put two cases of water when shopping or my cell phone etc etc. The only reason I haven't pulled trigger on the Camaro yet is it simply isn't as functional as a daily. Cant deny that either. Camaro is arguably a better weekend car then the TYPE R but Im in the market for a daily. All good stuff. Love that there are many options
I was where you are but honestly Honda's are just for Honda fan boyz. I had an SI because of the daily thing as I tote my kid all around with his hockey gear. Then I started to think Type R for more performance. I got rid of my SI because Honda wouldn't fix it. I also have my wife's Accord in the garage that has had 3 lawsuits against it and the warranty extended to 8 years 120K miles and Honda wouldn't fix that one either.

I get the daily of a Type R but realize this you are paying way too much for that. If a Si is $24K and you change the motor and add seats some front end work how do you get to a $39K price with the dealers marking them up. Total Honda arrogance! And I likely will never buy one of their products again.

BS-- I bought a Camaro and if you drive one you may also do the same.

To original poster congrats on a nice purchase. I Miata might be quick as a S2K is but high revs don't mean your going fast. 1LE all the way!!!!
CoolbreezeNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:06 PM   #41
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Never in my 30 years of being a car enthusiast have I witness the madness surrounding the Civic TypeR 3rd year of production and people are still paying 3-5k over MSRP.. Fact! I know, I have been trying to buy one. 3 years in and still commanding a premium

The civic type r is a very cool car, but crazy used prices could also speak to limiting the production. This has turned me off to cars like the focus rs, m2, and civic type r. I get the feeling they really don't want to satisfy the demand for such cars, but are more interested in using all the good press and reputation to sell you a focus st, m235i, or civic si.

I don't get the same feeling with the camaro. If you want a ss 1le, you can find dealers that have plenty to choose from, and you can actually test drive it without a hassle.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:21 PM   #42
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
I didn’t even know the lawnmower existed until i was at a Honda dealership a month ago helping my mother in law get a new car. She insists on a Honda even though the Accord she had that blew up at 130K miles was a total POS. There was a type R sitting on the showroom floor so surely they aren’t as rare as you claim.