Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Tired of people ragging on pit bulls...

Thanks to all the coverage the media gives to pit bull attacks these days, all the lemmings are CONVINCED that pit bulls are just evil evil dogs sent to Earth by Satan himself!

Seriously people? Maybe it's because these dogs' lazy, stupid owners didn't take the time to properly socialize them with other dogs and other people! Maybe it's because they keep their poor pit bull penned up in a back yard all day without giving it any attention or playtime! Maybe if they took him on a walk once a day (weather permitting) he wouldn't be so frustrated!

And of course all this talk leads to people demanding to ban this breed. No one takes the time to actually think for themselves, do some research, and see that statistically german shepherds and chow chows are more likely to bite than a pit bull is. But no one wants to ban THOSE breeds... that is until they finally do ban pit bulls, and then a news story about a german shepherd mauling someone pops up, and the cycle begins again until all we're allowed to own is freaking toy poodles and palmeranians!!!

/rant

Last edited by Brokinarrow; 03-06-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Brokinarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
bowtie628
Auto body and paint guy

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
its not the dog.. its the people.. my friend has a pit since its was a pup.. this thing is a mush..
bowtie628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
They can't take it for a walk...it turns other dogs into chew toys.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Very true, nice couple of dogs you have there

Here is our puppy, 11 weeks old and currently at 17 lbs... he weighed in at 10 lbs just 3 weeks ago!
Name:  IMAG0190.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  130.1 KB
Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Although I agree, if you treat your pitbull with love and take really good care of them, they will turn out great. But why is it that when there is news about a dog attack, 9/10 times it's from a pitbull? I'm sure people neglect more then just pitbulls. I think it's part of their nature to be overly aggressive.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Punish the deed, not the breed.

The media only likes to focus on Pitbull attacks... and not how Dalmatians are more likely to injury your kids..

They don't broadcast that.
My family has had 6 Pill Bulls, all of which are amazing. Amazing with the kids. All lap dogs, my Mothers Pit is scared of thunder and sleeps next to her in her bed.

Any dog with the wrong owner can be dangerous.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
I love 'em and have helped train a few. I think the real big problem is that when your average lab or mut decides it's going to bite somebody due to lackluster training or some extreme circumstances, it ends with a few stitches or just some bitemarks on a wrist that need to be butterfly'd shut. . . with a pit bull, if they decide to bite it's a massacre. They're just so powerful. Personally, I think pits and other similarly powerful breeds, if not ALL dogs, should require a license acquired by passing exams and training classes.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Punish the deed, not the breed.

The media only likes to focus on Pitbull attacks... and not how Dalmatians are more likely to injury your kids..

They don't broadcast that.
My family has had 6 Pill Bulls, all of which are amazing. Amazing with the kids. All lap dogs, my Mothers Pit is scared of thunder and sleeps next to her in her bed.

Any dog with the wrong owner can be dangerous.
That's because they, as well as Rottweilers, are statistically the highest breeds that attack people...
Old 03-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #9
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
They had a lady in Dallas a few years back,that had a Pit bull since it was a puppy.She said it was the friendliest dog ever.Until one day it reached up and bit her lip clean off while it was laying in her lap.Now her husband has to kiss a one lipped woman.I have also personally witnessed a pit bull attack it's owner for no reason.Sorry man,I have no love for the breed. I'd much rather own an Irish wolfhound,Husky,Malamute,Border Collie,A breed that is known for being smart.

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #10
pugandbull
Snackcakes!

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Black Commemorative
Here is our puppy, 11 weeks old and currently at 17 lbs... he weighed in at 10 lbs just 3 weeks ago!
Attachment 213284[/QUOTE]

What a CUTE puppy you have!!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Thanks to all the coverage the media gives to pit bull attacks these days, all the lemmings are CONVINCED that pit bulls are just evil evil dogs sent to Earth by Sating himself!

Seriously people? Maybe it's because these dogs' lazy, stupid owners didn't take the time to properly socialize them with other dogs and other people! Maybe it's because they keep their poor pit bull penned up in a back yard all day without giving it any attention or playtime! Maybe if they took him on a walk once a day (weather permitting) he wouldn't be so frustrated!

And of course all this talk leads to people demanding to ban this breed. No one takes the time to actually think for themselves, do some research, and see that statistically german shepherds and chow chows are more likely to bite than a pit bull is. But no one wants to ban THOSE breeds... that is until they finally do ban pit bulls, and then a news story about a german shepherd mauling someone pops up, and the cycle begins again until all we're allowed to own is freaking toy poodles and palmeranians!!!

/rant
I don't agree with the concept of a ban on the breed...but there are tons of dog breeds...and stupid owners aren't limited to simply pit bull owners. And yes, while attacks happen every day with every breed, I think it's pretty clear pit bulls have a higher chance of aggressive behavior than others. I don't go so far to say they're "evil", though....
Old 03-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #12
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual
Nexus6, my pit is without a doubt the most disciplined dog I have ever owned. Incredibly smart and knows a ton of tricks. Here go to YouTube look up my user name cplhester. I have a couple of videos I made during an ice storm of him.
cplhester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #13
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
There is truth in what everyone here has said. But the one thing I have noticed in being around them (dog parks, etc.) is that it takes a little less to set them off. I'm not talking so much about them attacking humans, but other dogs. I've seen situations where different dogs are happily playing, and all of a sudden something happens and the Pitbull takes offense and a fight breaks out. Because this breed was bred to fight, they appear to me to have more of a hair trigger temper in regards to other dogs. And it goes without saying that intact adult males are almost always the guilty party in those situations. Thats why most people will grab their dog and leave the dog park when one of those comes in. I've been bit more times than I can tell you trying to break up dog fights. People don't even take the chance and just leave instead of risking it.
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #14
CamaroKid
Mr. Documentation

Drives: 1998 Mazda Protege SE
I'm not sure why, but my grandmothers (my grandfather passed away and gave her the dog) Pit Bull bites mens ankles for no reason. The last time he did it our friend Troy was pushing a car out after our last snow storm.
CamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote