Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-02-2023, 04:29 PM   #15
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I agree... I don't think matte black paint will make it more collectable.
You're welcome to your opinion but I've been doing this for 23 years and history says you're wrong.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 04:38 PM   #16

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Not like the CE though, trust me. No regular 2024 ZL1 or ZL1 1LE will ever be more collectable than the CE. If you want the most collectable 2024 ZL1, get a manual transmission, no sunroof, UQT ZL1 coupe. Manual convertible CE will also be up there.
I get what you are saying, but this is more than just the end of a Camaro generation...It's the end of hi-po V8 ICE performance Camaros altogether. There will never be anything even close ever again. The complete end of ICE, not too far off, will make all the last of the Hi-hp ICE Camaros with a short production year to boot, highly collectable on their own, even without a CE.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 04:43 PM   #17
Mike818

Drives: 5.0 Fox, Lancer Evos (8,X),23 ZLE?
Quote:
My guess is that they already have the wings stockpiled for this car.
I hope that's the case.

Based on the general pessimism about GM and the Camaro I've been picking up around here, it does have me concerned there will be even fewer ZLE allocations.
Mike818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 04:47 PM   #18
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
You're welcome to your opinion but I've been doing this for 23 years and history says you're wrong.
Ok??
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 04:48 PM   #19
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I get what you are saying, but this is more than just the end of a Camaro generation...It's the end of hi-po V8 ICE performance Camaros altogether. There will never be anything even close ever again. The complete end of ICE, not too far off, will make all the last of the Hi-hp ICE Camaros with a short production year to boot, highly collectable on their own, even without a CE.
I'm not saying they won't be. They will definitely remain desirable. I'm just saying that when it comes down to it, collectors down the road will pay more for the CE because it's extremely limited and will have an exclusive paint that has never been available on another Camaro.
Old 06-02-2023, 04:50 PM   #20
GearheadSS

Quote:
Ok??
I'm just saying that you're probably wrong. It's ok to be wrong about this. I think you're using emotion to come up with your opinion. I'm using real world experience and actual knowledge of what collector cars sell for.
Old 06-02-2023, 04:57 PM   #21
jamala00

Quote:
I'm just saying that you're probably wrong. It's ok to be wrong about this. I think you're using emotion to come up with your opinion. I'm using real world experience and actual knowledge of what collector cars sell for.
I probably am wrong... but the OP started this thread for those that wanted to gripe, piss, moan, complain... etc... that's all I'm doing. I'm not looking to be corrected, I'm venting. I was hoping the CE would be something I'd be interested in upgrading too. I'm disappointed...
Old 06-02-2023, 05:09 PM   #22

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Do you really think someone will put a 1LT CE into a collection somewhere and never drive it because it has a unique black paintjob?
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 05:10 PM   #23
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I believe it’ll 100% be marked up to hell

Panther Black Metallic looks like Mosaic Black Metallic hyped up on steroids, which is a good thing imo. As Gearhead said, matches the Panther name well.

But man do I not like black cars anymore, those who get it will garage queen it and for good purpose otherwise it’ll never be clean

(Speaking from experience )
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 05:26 PM   #24
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
Quote:
I probably am wrong... but the OP started this thread for those that wanted to gripe, piss, moan, complain... etc... that's all I'm doing. I'm not looking to be corrected, I'm venting. I was hoping the CE would be something I'd be interested in upgrading too. I'm disappointed...
I agree with you here. To me...some paint, red calipers, stickers/stitching badging etc are NOT worth the 80k+ MSRP it's going to be for the ZL1. Not to mention the dealer markups that will be put on them...probably looking closer to 90k or POSSIBLY 100k for that?!!! HELL NO!. Had GM pulled their heads out of their A**es, and power bumped the thing up to say 800+ hp....that would be worth looking into...I'm ok with my 2023 I paid 67k for and is just as powerful and handles exactly like the CE is going to...except it'll be 20-30k more than my 2023 for a cosmetics package?!!! No thanks!
Old 06-02-2023, 05:32 PM   #25
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Since we are on the non info and opinion thread here's my take. My first thought was Z4C 2.0. Wasn't expectiing much and actually relieved as i have an order in for a 23 and now i don't have to agoninze over missing out on a CE. It's cool and all that ,and they will sell every one at a premium. It's not available on a 1LE so pretty much no diff between 23/24, other than that Riptide in any 1LE would be like a Rally Green in rarity. I don't think there has ever been a production ZL1 with Red Brembo's so that's kinda special too. I'm sure the CE ZL1's built will be bumping six figures if not over, goIng to be a select few built IMO
LateBrakeU2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 05:36 PM   #26
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
I believe it’ll 100% be marked up to hell

Panther Black Metallic looks like Mosaic Black Metallic hyped up on steroids, which is a good thing imo. As Gearhead said, matches the Panther name well.

But man do I not like black cars anymore, those who get it will garage queen it and for good purpose otherwise it’ll never be clean

(Speaking from experience )
Agreed... I've had black vehicles forever and still have 2. My Camaro was the first non black vehicles I've bought in years. I will not buy anymore black vehicles.
Old 06-02-2023, 05:45 PM   #27
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
People buy Camaros for performance, not for appearance packages. I mean the fake MBAs here tell us time and again it is an enthusiasts car and not meant to turn a profit or even lead the segment. Ok fine. So why no performance increase?
Total fail they couldn't even give it the CT5VBW LT4 let alone the Escalade's LT4 Plus.
GM is squeezing every last dime they can out of ICE buyers while they can. Can't wait to see the price.
Glad i didn't wait to find out the details on the CE before ordering.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 06:05 PM   #28
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTMARE23 View Post
Had GM pulled their heads out of their A**es, and power bumped the thing up to say 800+ hp....that would be worth looking into...I'm ok with my 2023 I paid 67k for and is just as powerful and handles exactly like the CE is going to...except it'll be 20-30k more than my 2023 for a cosmetics package?!!! No thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
So why no performance increase?
Total fail they couldn't even give it the CT5VBW LT4 let alone the Escalade's LT4 Plus.
GM is squeezing every last dime they can out of ICE buyers while they can. Can't wait to see the price.
Glad i didn't wait to find out the details on the CE before ordering.
Honestly though, after Al O. left the Camaro team I don’t think there were any plans for performance changes. Everything after seemed to be people’s own pipe dreams. The first time I saw someone mention a different engine from the LT4 was on here with them saying they hope it would happen. The ZL1 was the last performance bump, with the ZLE being pieced together with DSSV shocks and aero.

I would go on to say the absolute last ‘performance’ change they did was in 2019+ with the slightly different tune and A10 replacement. I could be wrong but the performance bump has been a pipe dream for the last 5 years
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote