Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-10-2016, 11:40 AM   #281
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSLT_Powered26 View Post
So people were wanting a hardcore track package but are complaining about it missing some creature comforts. Lol is this real life?

Youngsters can't survive without A/C, power steering, power brakes, or a thumpin stereo while they're on the track lol
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:45 AM   #282
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Oh yeah and those wheels are pretty bad ass looking on the SS 1LE. Would love to see them in something other than black
They are in Graphite, so not black...more like a dark metallic grey. I like it!

By the way, I hope someone out there replicates this wheel soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
... The 6th gen 1LE will be a lot more expensive than the 5th gen. Plus, replacement MRC dampers are quite a lot more money.
...and offer a lot more performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
This could turn out to be an astute move. On the surface, it's aimed directly at the Ecoboost Perf Package Mustangs.

Norm
The V6 1LE punches higher than the Mustang turbo with PP. Heck, I'd wager money that the standard V6 would run right around (slighter worse or better) the Ecoboost PP on the track.

Lets not let the Ford boys think the V6 Camaro needs 1LE to run with the Ecoboost PP. My opinion, but I feel that would be a inaccurate statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allabtsprt View Post
.... Do something different with the front grille! This alone is enough for me not to buy one.
Really?????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Just cause we want a great track car doesn't mean we can all throw around an extra few grand. I'm calling it a fail if the 1LE package more than doubles in price. It's a stripped track car. Not a luxury GT model.
If it outperforms the base GT350 (likely), with more standard interior equipment, what kind of fail does that make the base GT350 for 50K???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvfjet View Post
Man this sounds like 44k-45k car. What GM will say "still $5k cheaper than a gt350!"
I say that sounds like a very positive thing to say.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:49 AM   #283
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateorush90 View Post
No problem.
I'm a sucker... if theres a way I can get ambient lighting, and maybe that Bose, i'm for sure in on this!
I am not sure why everyone is complaining about not getting the Bose in 1SS. I have a 1SS and the system is really good.

Now when I went to FNR event back in September... the guys from chevy told me that the 1SS and 2SS both have Bose, just that the other one has more speakers and sub woofer I believe.. They just have one supplier for their music systems and thats Bose.

On the other hand, I dont know why they cant publicize that since the 1SS doesnt have the Bose labels..

So anybody here been able to confirm whats the music system in 1SS?

PS: The 1LE looks like menacing package, but I have my doubts it will be anywhere close to $3500 like prev gen. I am expecting it to be $4995.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:50 AM   #284
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

By the way, I hope someone out there replicates this wheel soon!

The V6 1LE punches higher than the Mustang turbo with PP. Heck, I'd wager money that the standard V6 would run right around (slighter worse or better) the Ecoboost PP on the track.

Lets not let the Ford boys think the V6 Camaro needs 1LE to run with the Ecoboost PP. My opinion, but I feel that would be a inaccurate statement.

Really?????????

If it outperforms the base GT350 (likely), with more standard interior equipment, what kind of fail does that make the base GT350 for 50K???

I say that sounds like a very positive thing to say.
It wont out perform the GT350. If we are going by the last comparison tests where the GT350 was only 2 second slower than the z28

If this is 3 seconds faster than the current SS which is as fast or slightly faster than the last gen 1le then it will still be 5ish second slower around a track.

Of course I would put it 3-6 second depending on track.
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:50 AM   #285
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Do you have any proof of that? I've never seen any instrumented testing that shows MRC offers substantial performance over a track oriented standard damper.

I'm not saying it doesn't. I've just never seen a test where it was actually compared.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:51 AM   #286
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavyas View Post
I am not sure why everyone is complaining about not getting the Bose in 1SS. I have a 1SS and the system is really good.

Now when I went to FNR event back in September... the guys from chevy told me that the 1SS and 2SS both have Bose, just that the other one has more speakers and sub woofer I believe.. They just have one supplier for their music systems and thats Bose.

On the other hand, I dont know why they cant publicize that since the 1SS doesnt have the Bose labels..

So anybody here been able to confirm whats the music system in 1SS?

PS: The 1LE looks like menacing package, but I have my doubts it will be anywhere close to $3500 like prev gen. I am expecting it to be $4995.
Bet its more like 5k or more. possibly up to 6995.
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:52 AM   #287
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
So they are!

I guess my work monitor really is that crappy! hahaha
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #288
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Considering the last 1LE was offered on a 2SS, there is some reason for complaints. But then given what this one will have standard over a normal 1SS, I think they played to both sides very well. I know would like the extra 2SS features over this 1LE, but then again I wouldn't put the 1LE features to good use. So I'm happy to add some of the parts myself in the future to the 2SS A8 I'm wanting.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:58 AM   #289
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
It wont out perform the GT350. If we are going by the last comparison tests where the GT350 was only 2 second slower than the z28

If this is 3 seconds faster than the current SS which is as fast or slightly faster than the last gen 1le then it will still be 5ish second slower around a track.

There is no way a 1LE equipped SS will be 3-6 seconds slower on a track than the base GT350. I would say it'll probably outperform it or be about the same actually.

Which comparsion was a GT350 2 seconds slower than the z/28? You mean the GT350 with track package?
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:59 AM   #290
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

You need to qualify your statements. GT350TP maybe, but there's been no official times on the 6th gen SS and the GT350 base will not perform remotely like the TP package. So if this 1LE is 3 seconds faster than new SS, this is going to be a very quick car. And which track was the GT350TP 2 secs slower than the Z/28?

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #291
doc212121

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS White/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
Lol ok you are exempt but I hold you responsible if it ever happens
DEAL!
doc212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:04 PM   #292
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSLT_Powered26 View Post
So people were wanting a hardcore track package but are complaining about it missing some creature comforts. Lol is this real life?
Sounds more like people who think they want the hardcore image without having to climb back down off Mount Luxury.

Norm
Old 02-10-2016, 12:06 PM   #293
EE7

Drives: New
Quote:

Do you have any actual track time comparisons to support this? Don't give Z28 vs Gt350. We want track times for last gen 1LE vs GT350. Or we can even do it with Corvette Z51 times becaue Ford says they are only off by .1 seconds. I guarantee you this new 1LE will not be 5 seconds slower around a track than a base GT350 or even 350TP for that matter.
EE7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:19 PM   #294
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
The 5th gen 1LE ran a 1:22.xx at Willow Springs with Randy Pobst. If the 6th gen SS is faster, the 6th gen 1LE should be low 1:19.xx or even 1:18.xx.

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro 1le, 2017 camaro, 2017 camaro 1le, 6th gen camaro 1le, camaro 1le, camaro 1le 6th gen, camaro forum, camaro forums