Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-09-2016, 09:28 PM   #15
Natikal
NXTIME

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
I would be interested in the Thursday before. I am already doing the 2 day road Course so why not this.
Natikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:02 AM   #16
trz174

Drives: Used to Drive Blue Camaros
I am interested. Already signed up for the 2 day road course.
trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:58 AM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Got 10 so far. Need more
Old 06-14-2016, 06:27 PM   #18
SummitWhite1LE
SICC

Drives: 2014 2SS1LE Summit White Camaro
Not looking good come on guys

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
SummitWhite1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:32 PM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

You could always signup for Friday with LS Fest
Old 06-14-2016, 06:33 PM   #20
SummitWhite1LE
SICC

O just thought there would be more interested 😖

Old 06-15-2016, 08:12 AM   #21
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
i dont want to handle any money, but if we could get 40 guys or so and rent the grand max layout, it would be a great event. we could do a real high performance driver education event. one of our members here does classroom sometime at NCM. i think he would help us and i can probably get a few more instructors to donate their time and equipment to the cause.
the main thing is to get the track rented now. if that happens early, the event will be awesome. if we wait too long it will be a cluster and probably not happen. there is no doubt that the event will have to turn people away if its booked early and promoted at all. one of you guys get that deal setup that gives the money back if it doesnt happen. then guys will enter knowing they will either have a badass day or get their money back.
this event could be the Jewell of LS fest if we get the track booked early. i think ls fest is only doing half the track. if you havent went over table top at 130, you aint driven NCM!!!!!
come on boys and girls lets make this happen.

JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:25 AM   #22
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Hmmm...
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:52 AM   #23
JOHNSONROD

this track is fast becoming the track all the cool kids want to run. NASA has special events here that several regions at a time converge on. im running chump car three days starting this friday. the best track day groups rent this track multiple times a year. im headed over there in a few minutes to watch a race team test a never before tested car. they have two semi loads of tires, engineers and mechanics. all those guys chose NCM for their first test for a reason. it kicks ass!!!!
for as cheap as the track rents on a weekday, i cant believe some vendor hasnt jumped on this to put their name on it. first of all, they would probably make money by the end of it while providing the best day of ls fest. someone could steal this day and look cool in the process.
i have nothing to gain at all from this except my love of the sport and loving to help new guys.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:21 AM   #24
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Hmmm...
Old 06-15-2016, 11:23 AM   #25
SummitWhite1LE
SICC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Hmmm...

Old 06-15-2016, 07:44 PM   #26
NVR2L8

Drives: 09 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
this track is fast becoming the track all the cool kids want to run. NASA has special events here that several regions at a time converge on. im running chump car three days starting this friday. the best track day groups rent this track multiple times a year. im headed over there in a few minutes to watch a race team test a never before tested car. they have two semi loads of tires, engineers and mechanics. all those guys chose NCM for their first test for a reason. it kicks ass!!!!
for as cheap as the track rents on a weekday, i cant believe some vendor hasnt jumped on this to put their name on it. first of all, they would probably make money by the end of it while providing the best day of ls fest. someone could steal this day and look cool in the process.
i have nothing to gain at all from this except my love of the sport and loving to help new guys.
I agree with everything that JohnsonRod has said, and I would be happy to donate my time to conduct the classroom sessions. If this event gets off the ground, it will certainly turn into an annual sold out event.
NVR2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:02 AM   #27
JOHNSONROD

OK, now we are getting somewhere. we now have a qualified classroom instructor!!! there are three qualified instructors across the street at the Vette plant and a few more in the surrounding area. all of these guys helped setup NCMs HPDE program. i think JIMBO from road atlanta has instructed at NCM before with MVP. we might be able to talk him into helping. if and when we get the track secured, ill get busy. i dont want to ask these guys to schedule off work and then it fall through.
lets spread the word to our track addict friends. i wish i had a list of shops and vendors that are already supporting the LS fest. one or two of them would probably want to help at least a little. if we get that far, ill ask the track about space for display cars and products. apex is close, Ridetech is not that far away. the owner is at NCM all the time. yall jump in here and reach out to your contacts.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:31 PM   #28
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I know the promoter in charge for Holley, I'll let him know.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote