Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-27-2023, 10:16 PM   #43
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
Happy Birthday, good decision, you'll find what you want Chevrolet.com your best bet , and have it shipped. Happy Motoring soon
Old 01-27-2023, 11:16 PM   #44
eCkO

Drives: '23 Sharkskin Gray LT1 RS "JAWZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Happy Birthday!

I found my car "in transit" to a dealership after waiting with no allocation for 3 months. That may be an option for you. It was preordered, but the buyer got tired of waiting and went a different direction. You can build your car on the Chevy website and then search for similar cars within a certain radius of where you are. That's how I located my car. When I called the dealer to inquire about the car that's when I found out the buyer had backed out. So I put down a deposit on it and it arrived about a month later. I had to inquire about several vehicles before I found mine, but in the end it was better than waiting 6 to 8 months.
Thanks. Glad to hear you had a positive outcome. This may end up being my best solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS View Post
Happy Birthday, good decision, you'll find what you want Chevrolet.com your best bet , and have it shipped. Happy Motoring soon
Thanks man. I'm impatiently waiting for this NE Ohio winter to pass. Soon!
eCkO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 12:54 AM   #45
DarrickMN

Drives: Kia Telluride
I was in the opposite situation when I ordered my Camaro. I was told 3-4 months so I thought great, 5 months ish and in time for spring. I got the car 1.5 months later and almost canceled when it arrived as I'm in MN and won't get to drive it for the 1st time for a while. If it were me and it was exactly what I wanted except for 2 very minor things and I could drive it soon I would probably jump on it for 4k. (As long as warranty was intact) Plus, used cars go for more than new at this point.
DarrickMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 01:42 PM   #46
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCkO View Post
Well my birthday is today and no allocation from either of the two dealerships I have my builds submitted to, even though both claimed the ability to get allocation by the 5th or 12th of January. Ironically both dealerships are claiming no allocations went out to anyone yesterday and don't know what's going on. It's draining fellas. I know many of you have been there.

I decided not to even look at the demo. I am going to wait it out for a little bit longer, but I also might have to get to the point of looking at the lots. Being in Ohio, I do not want this car to come in at the end of July, leaving me with little to no time to drive it before putting it up. Was trying to time it so it arrived in late spring after the salt was washed away and could enjoy it but that is looking less and less likely unless I find something on the lot in the next 1 1/2 months. Thanks for all your advice and stories. I appreciate the feedback.
Hey it's your wallet so that decision is all yours. I'd say it's right if your willing to wait. Happy BD also, mine was the 25th so we both made it thru another year. Your probably a little younger than me (71) so you have plenty of time to buy lots of cars/trucks like I have.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 12:40 AM   #47
eCkO

Drives: '23 Sharkskin Gray LT1 RS "JAWZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Hey it's your wallet so that decision is all yours. I'd say it's right if your willing to wait. Happy BD also, mine was the 25th so we both made it thru another year. Your probably a little younger than me (71) so you have plenty of time to buy lots of cars/trucks like I have.
Thank you, Sir, and happy Birthday to you as well. Yes, I made it to 47! You are the same age as my father, who ironically is part of the reason I am getting a bit impatient. Quick backstory. He had a '79 Z28. He love that car but decided it wasn't practical for us kids and sold it. He never said he regretted it but we all know he did. Years later when I was getting my license, I told him I would own my own Camaro and would allow him to ride shotgun and we shared a laugh. For the better part of 25-26 years I have really wanted to get this car but of course I started my family very young and found myself in a similar situation. When the kids grow up I said. Well that time has come but my Dad is unfortunately not in good health. We almost lost him last October and he has been fighting one thing or another since. Long of the short, it will kill me if I can't take him for that ride in my Camaro that I promised him all those years ago. He wouldn't want me to settle though, so I'm praying that this happens soon.
eCkO is offline   Reply With Quote