Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-28-2017, 01:31 AM   #113
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
IMHO with the sales performance thus far for the 6th generation Camaro we might see more of a departure from the current styling trend. I can also see them making more of a focus on the lower end of the pony car market as well in order to cover both bases.

Also considering how many previous BMW owners the 6th generation Camaro is getting maybe they can also focus on the high end interior and replace some of the hard plastics.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:28 AM   #114
HighGs

Drives: Volvo XC60R, VW Eos, Fiat 500e
Z28?

Cosmetically, I think they'd get the most bang for the buck by enlarging the coupe's rear windows to the size used on the convertible, but this would be more costly than putting on a new front fascia.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:01 AM   #115
79Zee28

Drives: 1979 Z28
I've been wanting to get into a new Camaro since the 5th generation. Performance is above and beyond my current Camaro. However, visibility is just horrible. I was so hoping that the sixth generation would of improved it. However, it may of taken a step back. If they just raised the roof and improved outward visibility, I think the car would appeal to many more people. Also as a father, if the back seat was just 50% usable I could make a better case. The utility of the challenger has to be why it has done pretty well. I'm hoping GM is listening.
79Zee28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:52 AM   #116
thinkingcamaro

Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro 2SS
As someone who is currently looking to buy a 2017, between the updated Mustang coming later this year and the apparent 2019 Camaro refresh, I can't help but think that the rest of the 2017s and the 2018 Camaros are going to be a little harder to sell. I do not keep up with the Mustang, but the 2018 looks to be loaded with the latest tech (an Audi-like dash and LED headlights) and has caught up to the Camaro with the adaptive suspension and dual mode exhaust (forgive me if those are available on non-GT350 Mustangs now, but they don't seem to be). It seems like these cars are heading into more luxury territory than ever before.
thinkingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:19 AM   #117
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Now people are dictating what vids can be posted. And are concerned over alleged money that they wont be gettng anyway. Let the people that run the show be the show. I dont care to read your whining posts.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:00 AM   #118
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingcamaro View Post
As someone who is currently looking to buy a 2017, between the updated Mustang coming later this year and the apparent 2019 Camaro refresh, I can't help but think that the rest of the 2017s and the 2018 Camaros are going to be a little harder to sell. I do not keep up with the Mustang, but the 2018 looks to be loaded with the latest tech (an Audi-like dash and LED headlights) and has caught up to the Camaro with the adaptive suspension and dual mode exhaust (forgive me if those are available on non-GT350 Mustangs now, but they don't seem to be). It seems like these cars are heading into more luxury territory than ever before.
Im in the same boat as you. Shopping around and seeing the news for the future really makes me want to wait for that better xyz refresh/model. But then I realize we'll always be waiting since something new is always coming up, I'm perfectly content with how the current model looks The sooner I pull this trigger the better
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:18 AM   #119
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
Im in the same boat as you. Shopping around and seeing the news for the future really makes me want to wait for that better xyz refresh/model. But then I realize we'll always be waiting since something new is always coming up, I'm perfectly content with how the current model looks The sooner I pull this trigger the better
There is another way to look at it, at least if you wait until we see what the refresh looks like you will be able to make a better decision. Mean while you will be able to save up more money for the purchase (if you plan on financing) getting you a lower monthly payment.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #120
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
I see a Gen6 anytime I get on the highway in Missouri. Really it should have the LOWEST sales of the three since its still the most expensive and most performance-oriented rather than practical.

To me the biggest aeshtetic issue is the headlights and front fascia area. The hood bump needs to come back. If Chevy improves those two in the refresh I'll trade my '16 in.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #121
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79Zee28 View Post
I've been wanting to get into a new Camaro since the 5th generation. Performance is above and beyond my current Camaro. However, visibility is just horrible. I was so hoping that the sixth generation would of improved it. However, it may of taken a step back. If they just raised the roof and improved outward visibility, I think the car would appeal to many more people. Also as a father, if the back seat was just 50% usable I could make a better case. The utility of the challenger has to be why it has done pretty well. I'm hoping GM is listening.
Well, they are not going to fix the visibility issues with this refresh. Can't be done. I had a 5th gen Camaro. Now a 6th. Visibility is not worse. OK...out the back window it may be a tad less, but over the hood is better, and the side window view is basically the same.

If visibility is the only hold out for you, maybe you need to spend some time behind the wheel of a 5th or a 6th gen. I have never had an issue navigating traffic in my Camaros. Set the mirrors CORRECTLY (not everyone knows how to do this...here is a hint...if you can see the side if your car in the side mirrors, you are doing it wrong) and take a good test drive.

Otherwise, if you have driven them, and you still can't stand the visibility, you'll be waiting and hoping for a change in the 7th gen.

I'm a father also. The backseat in my 5th gen sucked. In the 6th gen it sucks just a bit more-so. That's just how it is. My point? If we want to Camaro to stay relative to its current size and weight without going the size and weight of the current Challenger, it will not improve.

If you need the room, get a challenger, or get a four door sports sedan (Charger, SS, G8, etc.)

Not trying to be a negative nancy, but I feel your hold outs are going to keep you out of this car indefinitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
I see a Gen6 anytime I get on the highway in Missouri. Really it should have the LOWEST sales of the three since its still the most expensive and most performance-oriented rather than practical.

To me the biggest aeshtetic issue is the headlights and front fascia area. The hood bump needs to come back. If Chevy improves those two in the refresh I'll trade my '16 in.
I live in central MO. I almost never see 6th gens. There are a few in my area that I'm just now starting to see more often. Maybe if I was in St. Louis or KC that would be different.

On a side note, I know everyone's opinions are different, so that's fine. But your two complaints on looks seem to be areas that most people are pretty happy with.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:15 PM   #122
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingcamaro View Post
I understand that, but do you want a car that looks like this

or a car that looks like that:

The facelift mustang seems to really get a lot of upgrades on the technical side. But I think they totally ruined the design of the car
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:24 PM   #123
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post

or a car that looks like that:

The facelift mustang seems to really get a lot of upgrades on the technical side. But I think they totally ruined the design of the car
Both engines look like shit with those covers on there, but the Mustang has managed to improve on what was an already sexy design.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:17 PM   #124
HighGs

Drives: Volvo XC60R, VW Eos, Fiat 500e
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post

I had to do a lot of side by side comparisons to even clearly see the differences on the 2018 Mustang. Changing the taillights was unnecessary, and lowering the air intake makes it look more bulbous or fishy, but I don't think it kills it. It's still a good looking design that says Mustang. When I walk by one in a parking lot, it seems huge, but when on the road, it looks good in traffic.

I think killing the V6 is a mistake, and I just couldn't live with the Ecoboost. A buddy bought a V6 Mustang with an automatic. I had one as a rental when they first came out two years ago. It was disappointing.

I'll be interested to see if metallurgical shocks tighten the handling gap between the Camaro and Mustang. The Camaro still offers a sunroof, although I think the Mustang would look good with a pano roof like on VWs or Mercedes.

For some reason, even though similarly sized, the Camaro seems bigger than the Mustang. Maybe it just appears to be more blockish in opaque colors. (I'd like to see both of them downsized.)
Old 04-28-2017, 03:26 PM   #125
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
There is another way to look at it, at least if you wait until we see what the refresh looks like you will be able to make a better decision. Mean while you will be able to save up more money for the purchase (if you plan on financing) getting you a lower monthly payment.
True that. It'll be more or less a question of when we will know. I already sold my current DD, my G35, to my younger brother for dirt cheap. And I'm REALLY itching to get this camaro for the summer especially. I would have enough of a down to cover 30-50% of the cost (Depending on the stealership price at sale) so it should be fairly smooth sailings. And then there's my friend with a 2016 Mustang who's also itching to take me on right out the gates at the strip :| It's going to be a rivalry that's for sure
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:27 PM   #126
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGs View Post
I'll be interested to see if metallurgical shocks tighten the handling gap between the Camaro and Mustang.
Magnetorheological dampeners are just one component of a suspension system. They are not a miracle system that will even the playing field in track handling between the two. In fact if I remember correctly the difference in lap times between a non-MRC and MRC equipped SS was tiny. So no Ford giving GT owners the option of MagneRide will not make a difference. They need to make the PP much more aggressive to improve it. And honestly the chassis differences probably account for more of the handling gap, and that's not something that can really be corrected for a refresh.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote