Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-26-2017, 11:48 AM   #85
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
This is average for us.....complaining about high prices for a Camaro makes me laugh. Would love for it to be 38 large like somebody posted. We have been paying way to much for years....welcome to the club. You can add another 8 grand or so on top of that for taxes.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...1&d=1493224909
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #86
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Hopefully they lower the humps over the gauge cluster.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:00 PM   #87
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirstcause View Post
Yes 100% when I first saw it I was kind of shocked. I couldn't believe in a car notoriously said to have limited visibility... they blocked even more of what the driver can see that the massive gauge cluster. I found it weird that they made such an effort to lower and reduce the rest of the dashboard in the center and in front of the passenger... but allowed this massive and unnecessarily bulbous piece in front of the driver. At 5'11 I can see over it, though it still blocks my view more than I feel it should. But my petite 4'9 lady can't even see over it. After years I'm finally in a position I may actually be getting my dream 2SS and I'd have to add a seat lift kid because she is so small.

All that said I still think the interior is beautiful. Very cohesive design and great materials. But if the refresh fixes that cluster it would be a smart move.
Myself and anyone that drove the car Felt the same way.

Touting they moved the AC control into the vents to lower the dash then the humps render it pointless. Along with a short engine and low hood line. It's almost like they had to raise it but it doesn't look like anything was there to force their hand.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:27 PM   #88
chrisvr6

Drives: suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipNWis View Post
They are going to mess around and screw up this wonderful car and it will be gone again like last time :( It just gets worse not better :( ISH <<<<<<<
like the mustang
Attached Images

chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:16 PM   #89
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
On that I will agree.

At least get rid of the reverse mohawk to gain a little more visibility.
I think the bald spot should stay. It's only fractions of an inch, not even a full half inch.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2017, 08:14 PM   #90
Stroked84

Drives: Nothing fun, currently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvr6 View Post
like the mustang
+1

IMO, Ford hit a homerun with the 6th gen Mustang design, but the 2018 refresh is FUBAR. I hope GM doesn't try to fix things with the 6G Camaro that aren't broken. Even the worst part of the car, the ass end, just needs a few tweaks... not a total redesign.
Stroked84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:36 PM   #91
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
like the mustang
I'm kind of town over it. On one hand, the Mustang looks sleepier / sadder with the edge of its eye now curved off rather than extending back sharply. On the other hand, technically this new design is closer to the Mustang's more traditional headlamp shape (1st gen and 5th gen.) The 2015 was more of a departure and almost in Ford Fusion territory.

Either way, you will get used to these because Ford sells a ton of them, and you will see plenty on the road.
Attached Images

RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:53 AM   #92
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Seems like the rear has some lines of the new Bumblebee. Just compare the part around the license plate. If they would only add the lower black part beside the diffusor it would also explain that bulge that is going around the rear-fender. Only the double line between taillights and license plate is gone on the Facelift.

So maybe the front will borrow some lines with the bigger grille too?

samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:13 AM   #93
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I'd like to see them redesign the doors to have a lower cut for the windows. From what I can see, I like the rear more, it gets rid of those ackward butt creases.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:42 AM   #94
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
so the top of the door would be lower than the top of the fenders.
yeah that would work.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #95
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
If people want more visibility and better everything else buy a freaking Malibu, Impala or a truck!! People this is a sports car and they seem to be a dying breed for all the manufactures!! Leave the Camaro basically like it is!
Old 04-27-2017, 10:02 AM   #96
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
The beltline is not going to change with a refresh. This kind of huge change would only happen in a new generation. Pretty much the only thing they could do to help visibility (without throwing in more electronic nannies or cameras) is lower the driver cluster somewhat. You are not going to see anything more than that.

Now...the one thing I wish they had done with the original design, was make the window's beltline to the hood line flow downward, and then back upwards a bit...similar to the Corvette, to give more side window view, or perhaps like the new FN-x concept:

Old 04-27-2017, 10:12 AM   #97
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I'd like to see them redesign the doors to have a lower cut for the windows. From what I can see, I like the rear more, it gets rid of those ackward butt creases.
The side is identical, they will only change front and rearend. Everything else would be too much changes for a mid-cycle refresh.
Attached Images

samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:56 AM   #98
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
like the mustang
I like what they did with the upgrades to the mustang, I may actually consider buying one this time around. It looks wider and much more aggressive with the new headlights and front facia. The lowered front end looks great too, overall just a homerun.

The camaro seems to be doing some similar work in lowering the front. The rear has some obvious improvements in getting rid of some unneeded body lines (cleaner look) under the lights and a spoiler similar to my old '03 Cobra. Improvements IMO.