Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #85
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post

When you are at a stop light or in traffic that has slowed or stopped look around at the other drivers and see how many people are looking atr their smart phones. It's f*cking ridiculous!
You don't even need to be stopped or slowed. Just look in the car as you are passing them or them passing you.

I've called the state patrols several times due to drivers playing on the phone (which is now illegal in most states). Only reason for calls is they act worse then drunk drivers (which I've called on as well)

I also call on excessive speeders and dangerous lane changers as long as I can get the plate number.

I've had multiple people almost hit me while driving truck, and if you know anything cops usually point to the truck driver since we are guilty until proven innocent.

Sent from the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #86
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I was driving along yesterday in a 35mph zone, all of a sudden I see something in the mirror, and some dope is passing me! on a two lane street with double solid lines, no passing obviously.
idiots
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #87
Green Machine
Always Workin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
I was driving along yesterday in a 35mph zone, all of a sudden I see something in the mirror, and some dope is passing me! on a two lane street with double solid lines, no passing obviously.
idiots
I'm going to go ahead and say I've done that but in a different situation. Somebody's going 35-45 in a 55.

Sent from the road.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #88
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
I don't think it has anything to do with the car. People are simply self-absorbed morons who think their time is more important than anyone else's. They feel entitled to cut you off to get there first.

It actually seems to happen less in my Camaro than with my Jeep. That could be a faulty perception by me due to the fact that I really only occasionally drive my Camaro during the week.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #89
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
I've had multiple people almost hit me while driving truck, and if you know anything cops usually point to the truck driver since we are guilty until proven innocent.
It's secondhand information to me, but I know what you're saying. Son and son-in-law are both CDL-A.

For some of these morons out there, it isn't even about what you're driving that leads to what they do. My wife and I were coming back from a weekend away, and we'd taken two cars (track day for me, a little out-of-the-neighborhood shopping for her, new places to go eat afterward). On the way back where northbound NJ-55 ends at NJ-42 and the two travel lanes merge down to one there was a full size van driving at speed down on the grassy median on the left side and an SUV running the breakdown lane on the right at the same time and pace past two lanes of virtually stopped traffic.

Not 20 minutes later, a little over a mile from our house, some other driver with equally questionable consideration for others went to pass my wife coming off a traffic light using the breakdown lane. I guess he assumed that only having to run against a 4-door sedan being driven by a 60-something female he was just going to roll his own way at his own pace . . . but after that earlier incident my wife wasn't having any of this one's "me-first" crap and outran him rather handily. Either he didn't see the "2.5GT" emblem (read: turbocharged) or it didn't register or he didn't expect her to use more than just a little of it.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #90
CocoaKid
CocoaKid

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
I think the posters who claim people don't drive differently around 5th Gen Camaros must be oblivious to what's going on around them while driving.

I have been driving cars and trucks for 30 plus years and NEVER while driving any other vehicle have I experienced the BS I get from other drivers being total dbags towards me. It's not my imagination! This car attracts douchbags!
Haha everything bad happens to my car off the road. On the road though, it's like I own it sometimes, even the lifted trucks get out of my way most of the time
CocoaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #91
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
thats BS hate that kind of comments ...
That's just what I was told.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #92
js0uth

Drives: Chevy Camaro
bad driver magnet. that sucks. lol.
js0uth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #93
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Or the people at a four way stop who just roll through and throw a wave at you like it's OK I cut you off but a least I waved as I did it.

Sent from my XT907
Old 11-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #94
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
I find the opposite is true. I find people have been more than willing to let me make a turn, merge etc. The car stands out in a crowd and I think that as it catches their eye, (and maybe while admiring it), they wave me on!
xnuyokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #95
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Actually, there is no such thing as a stupid driver. There are poor drivers, and there are stupid people.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #96
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Why is it people go 5 or 7 mph under the speed limit in the left lane. I mean I had a car in front of me doing about 45 in a 50. Plenty of room in front of this person to make it to 50. I did a quick flash of lights to say please move over... They did not, so when the left lane was open moved over to pass at 50. They speed up to 60.... Look all's I ask is if you want to do less than speed limit dont hold up traffic get to the right lane so that we may pass. Oh and a SRT8 Challenger was beside me, when his lane opened up he took off... Funny I didnt even try... not sure my 1LE could keep up... lol
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #97
Green Machine
Always Workin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Actually, there is no such thing as a stupid driver. There are poor drivers, and there are stupid people.
Stupid people who are driving are stupid drivers

Sent from the road.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:33 AM   #98
Mobyd

Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS,01 F150 SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
Oh and a SRT8 Challenger was beside me, when his lane opened up he took off... Funny I didnt even try... not sure my 1LE could keep up... lol
you are joking right?..please tell me