Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-26-2015, 07:24 PM   #6455
Jfoster

Drives: 2016 GT vert.
Door pocket...also guys that aren't familiar with your state laws..conceal carry and having a firearm in your car is to seperate things. In La. it's legal to have a firearm in your vehicle concealed, loaded, however you have it as long as you haven't been CONVICTED of a certain felonies (crime of violence).

Each state is different, just research your state laws and don't rely on your 1st cousin's ex. brother in law that used to be a reserve deputy. And research the states you may travel thru.

Last edited by Jfoster; 01-27-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Jfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #6456
allshotout

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
NO, I did not say alter. I said replace with the well proven Ghost Rocket Comp carry parts ,but ya never change the striker spring because that makes it unreliable using some surplus and factory ammo with hard primers and also 1/2 pound lighter , this set up works great for carry if you remember the very first rule . NEVER EVER TOUCH /PUT YOUR FINGER ON THE TRIGGER UNTILL YOU HAVE A SIGHT PICTURE . The Glock comes with a beyond rude lawyer trigger with 5 to 7 # heavy, rough, creepy,nasty reset factory trigger. Near impossible to double or triple tap with. The Glock safe action trigger is much like a double action revolver trigger long hard pull .It is plenty safe lightened if you know the basics of gun safety . Much like driving a high performance car ,the operator needs to know what he is doing B4 driving . IMHO if you are not properly educated and proficient with your weapon ,you should not handle firearms .And a good firearms friendly attorney's phone number should always be carried by anyone carrying a firearm . Note all striker fired pistols have rude heavy ,nasty factory triggers ,with the exception of the old H&K P9s ,P7M8 and P7m13 and their new VP series of pistol. But anyone who has ever fired striker fired pistols knows this .Unfortunately H&K's are pricey and most folks won't spend that much on a pistol, so the aftermarket has developed a cure for the Glock, and new S&W M&P striker fired pistols rotten trigger feel that allow the inexpensive pistol buyer to remedy that problem.
If you are ever involved in a self defense shooting the gun will be seized and and compared to manufacture specifications. Anything outside of the specifications, a prosecuting attorney will have a field day with. This includes aftermarket triggers, safeties, etc. I would encourage anyone looking to do this first due some case study. Just as I wouldn't carrying self loads for defensive purposes, don't alter your carry weapon outside of manufacture specs.
allshotout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:30 PM   #6457
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfoster View Post
Door pocket...also guys that aren't familiar with your state laws..conceal carry and having a firearm in your car is to seperate things. In La. it's legal to have a firearm concealed, loaded, however you have it as long as you haven't been CONVICTED of a certain felonies (crime of violence).

Each state is different, just research your state laws and don't rely on your 1st cousin's ex. brother in law that used to be a reserve deputy. And research the states you may travel thru.
This, and that's why only some states have reciprocity, gotta know your state laws.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #6458
M3hta1
USMC OIF 06-08

Drives: My wife crazy!
The paddle holster that came with my XDs first perfectly in the slot under the steering wheel. Easy access and secure.
M3hta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:44 PM   #6459
BOOMER CAMARO

Drives: 2012 2SS 6 speed CRMT
Well I would love to argue this caliber vs that caliber but to answer the original question I carry my trusty Model 1911 under my seat. And yes I am comfortable and accurate with it. Served me well for 24 plus years in US Army.
BOOMER CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:54 PM   #6460
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
well my carry weapon never leaves my belt unless at work. in that case it goes in the passenger seat back pocket with extra magazine in the center console. if i go somewhere and i find out its 30.06, then i take my money elsewhere. only way that people understand nowadays. BTW I carry HK USP compact 40sw with 12 +1 and a extra magazine (12) most of the time
Old 01-26-2015, 08:06 PM   #6461
M3hta1
USMC OIF 06-08

Drives: My wife crazy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOMER CAMARO View Post
Well I would love to argue this caliber vs that caliber but to answer the original question I carry my trusty Model 1911 under my seat. And yes I am comfortable and accurate with it. Served me well for 24 plus years in US Army.
Haven't shot anything better than my Springfield 1911. One of my favorite range guns. I carried it for 5 years before buying a Glock17. I like more rounds.
M3hta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:25 PM   #6462
KW Baraka

Drives: 2014 Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
I'm conceal carrying a glock 19. Want to hear where you guys keep your weapon in your vehicle while you are driving if you take it off your belt.
I keep mine under my left thigh.....muzzle pointed at an angle towards the rear driver side tire, hand grips barely exposed.

Why? Because that damn thing ain't doin' you a bit o' good if it's out of fast/quick reach!

KW
KW Baraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:36 PM   #6463
fpdsniper

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Ok, just going to chime in a couple things here. I am a police Lieutenant, law enforcement firearms instructor, assistant team leader on a regional tactical team, sniper team leader, NRA Instructor, Concealed Carry Instructor, Carbine Rifle Instructor, and do some other side work for attorneys as a Firearms Expert in their cases. I also participate in ammunition ballistic testing. Just going to put my .02 here without long drawn out explanations. Feel free to disagree with any of it. Here we go:

*Modern defensive ammunition should be the only ammo you carry in your defensive firearms. There are many good ones out there. I personally use Hornady Critical Duty and Critical Defense.

*Shot placement is more important than caliber.

*Given the same shot placement, several modern 9mm loadings do an effective job, although I carry a .45.

*Do NOT depend on a handgun round to "stop someone dead in their tracks". Handguns are weapons of convenience because rifles are too cumbersome to carry.

*Any gun is better than no gun, but I recommend at the very least a .380 with preference to 9mm and above. Your shooting skills will help dictate caliber choice.

*Lightening the trigger pull on a defensive handgun CAN cause you issues in a shooting, but it's much more likely in an "accidental" (negligent) discharge situation than it is in a purposeful self defense shooting. Think about it, if you aren't claiming that you accidentally shot someone, the weight of the trigger pull makes little difference. That does NOT mean an attorney/prosecuter won't try to use it against you. My recommendation would be to not modify it, just in case. There are many really good factory triggers out there, and bunch of bad ones. Choose wisely.

*Make sure you have some verifiable training to fall back on. If your firearms training is Uncle Bob out on the farm, good luck to you.
fpdsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:42 PM   #6464
shine2013

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
Probably not in the best place, but I keep it in the glove box. I get pulled over enough as it is. I don't want to run the risk of upsetting a cop even more, even though I have a permit. You never know these days.
shine2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:57 PM   #6465
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpdsniper View Post
Ok, just going to chime in a couple things here. I am a police Lieutenant, law enforcement firearms instructor, assistant team leader on a regional tactical team, sniper team leader, NRA Instructor, Concealed Carry Instructor, Carbine Rifle Instructor, and do some other side work for attorneys as a Firearms Expert in their cases. I also participate in ammunition ballistic testing. Just going to put my .02 here without long drawn out explanations. Feel free to disagree with any of it. Here we go:

*Modern defensive ammunition should be the only ammo you carry in your defensive firearms. There are many good ones out there. I personally use Hornady Critical Duty and Critical Defense.

*Given the same shot placement, several modern 9mm loadings do an effective job, although I carry a .45.

*Do NOT depend on a handgun round to "stop someone dead in their tracks". Handguns are weapons of convenience because rifles are too cumbersome to carry.

*Any gun is better than no gun, but I recommend at the very least a .380 with preference to 9mm and above. Your shooting skills will help dictate caliber choice.

*Lightening the trigger pull on a defensive handgun CAN cause you issues in a shooting, but it's much more likely in an "accidental" (negligent) discharge situation than it is in a purposeful self defense shooting. Think about it, if you aren't claiming that you accidentally shot someone, the weight of the trigger pull makes little difference. That does NOT mean an attorney/prosecuter won't try to use it against you. My recommendation would be to not modify it, just in case. There are many really good factory triggers out there, and bunch of bad ones. Choose wisely.

*Make sure you have some verifiable training to fall back on. If your firearms training is Uncle Bob out on the farm, good luck to you.
This is on target, same with allshotout.

DVC

Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:59 PM   #6466
Deebo
2SS/1LE GAZ 1 of 221

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
Regular conceal carry, Ruger LC9. It just stays in my pocket.
Same here. I went into the relationship kicking and screaming but it's turned out to be one heck of a little partner...

Old 01-26-2015, 09:01 PM   #6467
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpdsniper View Post

Agree with this 100%. How you use it is more important than the caliber. But still you will see what I carry if you try to steal my car.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:28 PM   #6468
KR4545

Drives: 2012 2SS
Anybody here have pics of a concealed gun...shot wound?

Long story short, I was at the mcdonalds on Flatbush ave in brooklyn back in 2008 and some Russian guy was screaming at a woman though an open car door. When I was pulling out of the drive through he was screaming pretty heated so I kind of high tailed it out not really thinking much of it. I got about 100 feet away down the street when I saw one of those city Priuses stop and block the exit to the parking lot behind me (I was looking in the rear view). Kept going and heard what at the moment I thought was my tail light exploding. Turns out somebody shot at me since I was speeding away (guess they thought I was part of the problem). I got grazed on my right arm by what I'm assuming was only part of the bullet since most of it made little holes in the back of the driver seat cover.

It made a weird figure 8 shaped hole and two days later I had to cut off a piece of skin flap with fingernail scissors since it wasn't healing right and wasn't going to heal back together.

I had ordered a two cheeseburger value meal and when I got back to work I was so freaked out and shaking that I could only eat the fries.

Anybody else got gun shot scar pics?

KR4545 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun