Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 04-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #15
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipercar View Post
Thanks for the heads up-- signed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaucom21 View Post
Signed.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #16
pderango

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Done!!!!
pderango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #17
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
We are finely getting rid of Air Scare out here on the Left Coast. Just another cash grab with todays new cars.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #18
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pderango View Post
Done!!!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
We are finely getting rid of Air Scare out here on the Left Coast. Just another cash grab with todays new cars.

So we can use your province, to make our case?
Has your province suffered any set back, with increased pollution?....I think not
Old 04-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #19
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Thanks

So we can use your province, to make our case?
Has your province suffered any set back, with increased pollution?....I think not

It's not gone yet, but soon. All the new cars they simply plug into the OB2 port and look for emission codes. No tread mill tailpipe check. Followed by them taking $48 for two year pass. Pumpkin will never see Air Scare now.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #20
SQUALO

Quote:
It's not gone yet, but soon. All the new cars they simply plug into the OB2 port and look for emission codes. No tread mill tailpipe check. Followed by them taking $48 for two year pass. Pumpkin will never see Air Scare now.

They changed the system here too, similar to yours, but still concerned. They've already had issues with the new system throwing "fail" codes for no good reason.

Lots of contraversy about the new system, and too many variables that can set off a fail on vertually clean cars...even the dealerships are against the new system.
I hope they fix this before I'm due, and want to see what happens to those of us with mild modifications done to our cars.

We'll see what happens.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #21
SQUALO

UPDATE!

Received the following e-mail from MPP Randy Hillier:

Thank you for signing my petition calling for the end of the Drive Clean program.

On Wednesday, I read our petition into the record of Ontario's Legislature. Over 870 people signed the petition at the time I presented it. You can view video of my introduction of the petition here.

By reading it into the record, all members of the Legislature have the opportunity to hear your concerns. Additionally, the rules of the legislature require the Minister of Environment Jim Bradley to respond to the petition. When I receive his response, I intend on sharing it with you.

This program has run its course. It is obsolete and does nothing except for taxing hard-working car owners across Ontario. Please rest assured that I will continue to fight against this useless tax.

Best regards,

Randy Hillier, MPP
http://www.randyhilliermpp.com/
Old 05-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #22
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
Hope this goes thru ...such a pain for 2 of my vehicles ...conditional passes totaling 600$
will have to get rid of both b4 next jan cuz not going to put more money in this cash grab
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #23
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Signed it. Anything that can make Ontario one of the worst places and for that matter canaduh as a whole being the shittiest place to modify cars is a no brainer. Out ministers of transportation are twats.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #24
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Convertible L99
I saw this on facebook a while back and already signed. Looks like they have not done shit since like March

AbsoluteMayheM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #25
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
I signed it and I'll pass it along to family members. I really can't think of ANYTHING that Liberal gang did or brought to the table that helped anyone but themselves
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #26
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
UPDATE!

Received the following e-mail from MPP Randy Hillier:

Thank you for signing my petition calling for the end of the Drive Clean program.

On Wednesday, I read our petition into the record of Ontario's Legislature. Over 870 people signed the petition at the time I presented it. You can view video of my introduction of the petition here.

By reading it into the record, all members of the Legislature have the opportunity to hear your concerns. Additionally, the rules of the legislature require the Minister of Environment Jim Bradley to respond to the petition. When I receive his response, I intend on sharing it with you.

This program has run its course. It is obsolete and does nothing except for taxing hard-working car owners across Ontario. Please rest assured that I will continue to fight against this useless tax.

Best regards,

Randy Hillier, MPP
http://www.randyhilliermpp.com/

Great work Squalo,but its free money for em,cant see em scrap it,not to mention all the money the shops put in it buying the testing equiptment etc
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #27
Rickerbucks
HP addict

Drives: 2 SS RS,
Quote:

that is exactly correct. Its a cash grab. For the last 10 to 15 years cars have been able to tune themselves.

Finally BC is set to abolish the program

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
2010 Challenger SRT 8 - stock
2007 Charger SRT8 Super Bee - not stock at all.
Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #28
ernie scar

Drives: Chevy/Dodge/Ford
One of the benefits to living in Northern Ontario, I have never had to get my vehicle tested for emissions.

And as far as politics go the Dalton McGuinty era Liberals have sold this province down the river. I find it interesting that the current liberal party paid 600 million for two seats so that those gas plants wouldn’t be built in someone’s back yard.

Yet they want to throw wind turbines that are an eye sore in my back yard and say that it is no big deal.

My definition of current Canadian Politicians.
Liberals – let’s spend money like it’s going out of style and sell off all the crown corporations that generate money for the province.

Conservatives – Let’s bust all the unions so everyone in Ontario ends up working for minimum wage, and has to work till they die.

NDP – Got to support all the social programs, I don’t know where the money is going to come from but who cares, we’ll figure it out later.

The Green party – I don’t know why I even listed these BUMS.

Anyway sorry about the rant, since we pay these politicians wages we should be allowed to fire them at will.

No I am not ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!
ernie scar is offline   Reply With Quote