Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-04-2018, 02:31 PM   #29
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangle View Post
yep I got an Instagram now because of Danytech.. Thank you again by the way
Haha awesome to hear bro, his results will make you happy
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:22 PM   #30
ryansalazan24

Drives: 2017 Cadillac ATS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Dude, I know you're on the other forum. People have been running this turbo for YEARS over there.
Ya, I ordered the turbo bay upgrade. Just waiting for it to come in.
ryansalazan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:10 PM   #31
VinceK

Drives: 2019 6.2L V8 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansalazan24 View Post
Ya, I ordered the turbo bay upgrade. Just waiting for it to come in.

How long have you been waiting out of curiosity? I never got a standard lead time (tried to locate one) - Archangle's situation seemed a little different than a standard order though.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:17 PM   #32
Archangle

Drives: 2017 ice sliver 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceK View Post
How long have you been waiting out of curiosity? I never got a standard lead time (tried to locate one) - Archangle's situation seemed a little different than a standard order though.
Vince if you want to buy my old turbo as a core I would be happy to help you.. My turbo was just swap out today and my old turbo had 30k on it.. FYI..
Archangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:43 PM   #33
VinceK

Haha - no worries. I paid the charge for a refund after purchase. Just trying to see how long people are typically waiting to receive theirs - excited to get this thing installed.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:30 PM   #34
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
In regards to turbo upgrades I just poked Hellion Turbos to see if they've made any head way with their setup. I emailed them last November and they said they were having a 2.0 come into the shop to look at...awaiting reply
Old 07-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #35
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Still haven’t, currently building a new forged bottom end engine, saving it for that. Sorry. I might just throw a different compressor wheel on the stock turbo and try it just for kicks on the stock motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully you can compare the stock turbo to a bigger wheeled one, that's my biggest interest right now
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:06 AM   #36
ryansalazan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceK View Post
Well I was told 5-6 weeks wait time to have it built and shipped. I ordered mine about 4.5 weeks ago and havent heard of anything yet. So just playing the waiting game now.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:06 AM   #37
ryansalazan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangle View Post
Vince if you want to buy my old turbo as a core I would be happy to help you.. My turbo was just swap out today and my old turbo had 30k on it.. FYI..
So whats you're impressions of it? Is it the turbo bay one?
Old 07-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #38
Archangle

Drives: 2017 ice sliver 1LT
Well I'm personal friends with the owner of turbo bay performance and I offered to sell my old stock turbo as a core to Vince because he lives the town south of me in SWFL. my car is still at my friends shop for two reason one he is on vacation for 10 days and two my TCM was sent out to HP tuners and the return date is this coming Monday and Tuesday my set of new tires will be arriving. Anyway once that is done then I can get it tuned. I will post my dyno numbers once everything is tuned. I'm shooting for 360 to 370 whp I don't want to go any higher due to the stock internals .. If I had a built bottom end I would have them max it out. but like I said before in a past post the picture of the turbo on his site is mine with the forge waste gate on it. I ordered a all metal diverter valve to see if it lines up and if it dose I will swapping out the POS plastic one for that one when it come's in next month.
Archangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:54 PM   #39
VinceK

My experience is about to change a whole lot... regrettably my I4 is becoming my girlfriend's I4 and we no longer have need to put the Turbo Bay stage 2 turbo in it. I am hoping they will have mercy on me at Turbo Bay, since they will be much better at selling it than I would... however I know their T&C does state no cancellations or refunds.

In more dark news, I am now the owner of a 2018 SS and have joined the dark side. Was fun pushing the I4 when I had it, but it has now been eco tuned by ZZP, the meth kit turned way down (doesn't activate until 18 PSI, doesn't spray full until 20 PSI), and the stock wheels thrown back on. Excited to now be driving a 6.2L V8... but a bit bittersweet to no longer be the underdog.