#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 07-10-2018, 09:54 AM   #15
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashBang23 View Post
Great find! I think I'll be going back to the stock pads from the Powerstop track days and might just pick a set up now.
What about the Powerstop Track Day pads is making you go back to stock? I have a full set waiting for my stock ones to be done.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:42 AM   #16
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
How long do our pads last daily driving?
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:56 AM   #17
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
How long do our pads last daily driving?
I've got 11,500 on mine so far, not sure how much is left. I'm on original set of rubber as well. My Honda Pilot has 85K miles and i'm on original pads still... so, it depends on how you drive, even daily driven cars have drivers that can chew through pads in no time.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:01 AM   #18
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I've got 11,500 on mine so far, not sure how much is left. I'm on original set of rubber as well. My Honda Pilot has 85K miles and i'm on original pads still... so, it depends on how you drive, even daily driven cars have drivers that can chew through pads in no time.
The stock 1LE pads brake really well for daily driving but dust heavily. I suspect they will wear much faster than a typical pad. Anyone have experience with roughly how many miles to expect? I'll take advantage of this sale if I shouldn't be expecting 30k from the front pads.
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #19
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
What about the Powerstop Track Day pads is making you go back to stock? I have a full set waiting for my stock ones to be done.
I was considering getting a set as well, however the very low price scares me. I'm not sure how they can produce a high performing pad (especially for this heavy of a car) for such a low price.

Actually the only positive reviews i can find, are the ones on Powerstops site. lol.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:08 PM   #20
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
Thought I would share.

tip: Make sure to place two separate orders for fronts and rears. If you purchase together, it will only take 20% off the cheapest item (20 bucks off the rear). If you purchase separately, it'll take $43 off the front's and $20 off the rears. Make sure to click the 20% box.

Fronts:
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-171-1...words=171-1040

Rears:
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-171-1...words=171-1127
Thanks for this input I just ordered a set of Rears, which are unique and cannot be cross-referenced with any other brand in the market. So the only "Official /Stock OE type" option (being in fact AC-Delco or GM boxed/ branded).
BtW, Ferodo does not sell them in the open market under its own brand and neither does Brembo (at least in my area).

BtW #2: For the Front pads there is a variety of other decent "official OE" suppliers' brands available for a lot less $$ (I.E. TRW), since these pads are the same as the Nissan GTR's and a couple of Grand Cherokee models / trims - don't remember exactly which.
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:08 PM   #21
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
I was considering getting a set as well, however the very low price scares me. I'm not sure how they can produce a high performing pad (especially for this heavy of a car) for such a low price.

Actually the only positive reviews i can find, are the ones on Powerstops site. lol.
Quote:
1) if you think stock pads dust, you havent seen anything yet lol. The amount of dust is literally INSANE and my car is my DD so that's getting really old.

2) They work very well but only in a certain temp bandwidth. I'm still a newer driver and my first track day with them I had a difficult time re-learning the pads vs my stock ones. I also tracked on a cool rainy day and had trouble getting them warmed up (really shouldn't have been tracking in the conditions honestly) Overall this is more of an indictment on myself than the pads. I have two friends who are very good drivers and they both LOVE the powerstops vs the stock pads. They are so cheap that they're almost worth a shot if you don't want to pay triple for the Ferodos

Several on this forum have posted reviews and general consensus is they are solid pads for novice-intermediate drivers but Raysbestos are still the best if you are going away from stock.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #22
Move_Over

Quote:
1) if you think stock pads dust, you havent seen anything yet lol. The amount of dust is literally INSANE and my car is my DD so that's getting really old.

2) They work very well but only in a certain temp bandwidth. I'm still a newer driver and my first track day with them I had a difficult time re-learning the pads vs my stock ones. I also tracked on a cool rainy day and had trouble getting them warmed up (really shouldn't have been tracking in the conditions honestly) Overall this is more of an indictment on myself than the pads. I have two friends who are very good drivers and they both LOVE the powerstops vs the stock pads. They are so cheap that they're almost worth a shot if you don't want to pay triple for the Ferodos

Several on this forum have posted reviews and general consensus is they are solid pads for novice-intermediate drivers but Raysbestos are still the best if you are going away from stock.
Thank you for the input, i am coming from DTC-70’s on my e46, and am in a bit of sticker shock from the St43’s So i picked up a set of additional stock pads for the weekend.

I could not find any temperature curves on the powerstops, but maybe i will give them a try if others on here are saying they are a decent pad compared to stock. I could do back to back lap data this weekend with them.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #23
cab33

Drives: Viper
Quote:
Thank you for the input, i am coming from DTC-70’s on my e46, and am in a bit of sticker shock from the St43’s So i picked up a set of additional stock pads for the weekend.

I could not find any temperature curves on the powerstops, but maybe i will give them a try if others on here are saying they are a decent pad compared to stock. I could do back to back lap data this weekend with them.
I came from DTC70s on a Viper and I love the stock pads on the 1LE.
Less initial bite but great after that.
cab33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #24
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
The ones shown in post 1 from Amazon are the same as the SS 1LE OEM pads. I have them and have compared them to each other.
Attached Images

carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:10 PM   #25
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
The stock 1LE pads brake really well for daily driving but dust heavily. I suspect they will wear much faster than a typical pad. Anyone have experience with roughly how many miles to expect? I'll take advantage of this sale if I shouldn't be expecting 30k from the front pads.
I got 3 track days and over 20k out of mine and had plenty of pad life left when i switched to PS Track days. Take that with a grain of salt however, most of my miles are highway and those were my first 3 ever track days so I was nowhere near as hard as an experienced driver would've been.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #26
TheRealJA105

Quote:

I'm beyond intermediate and still running the stock pads so I'm hoping the PSTDs are what i'm looking for with more initial bite (at temperature) and less temperature fade. Everyone hates brake dust, but I'm a performance over looks guy in this department. Maybe I'll have to consider the street swap to the Z26s and then at that point consider the ST43s, but yeah huge sticker shock there!
Old 07-11-2018, 01:56 PM   #27
Move_Over

Quote:
I'm beyond intermediate and still running the stock pads so I'm hoping the PSTDs are what i'm looking for with more initial bite (at temperature) and less temperature fade. Everyone hates brake dust, but I'm a performance over looks guy in this department. Maybe I'll have to consider the street swap to the Z26s and then at that point consider the ST43s, but yeah huge sticker shock there!
I run in advanced class with most track day groups and have my Nasa TT license. This weekend is my first event with the camaro and hope the stock pads are up to the task, with SRF fluid of course. I have a set of DTC-60's en route but of course they are supposed to be here monday.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:06 PM   #28
TheRealJA105

Oh they are up to the task, just be prepared for your foot to go all the way to the floor at the end of the sessions.