Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #1
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
New Dodge Commercial

Just saw a new Dodge Durango Hellcat commercial starring the vehicle and the man, Alice Cooper! Wild and humorous. Wake up GM! Put Camaro out there from turbo to ZL1!
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:15 PM   #2
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
we may not like the fact that there aren't cool commercials for the car we drive, but it's fairly apparent that GM doesn't believe the marketing ROI is there for ads on their performance line.

not sure i've ever seen a Corvette ad.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:30 AM   #3
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
we may not like the fact that there aren't cool commercials for the car we drive, but it's fairly apparent that GM doesn't believe the marketing ROI is there for ads on their performance line.

I see cadillac ats-v and cts-v ads all the time during racing events. I will see a corvette ad here and there. Never any camaro ads.

2012 Camaro SS IOM "TigreSS"
Borla "S" Catback
C.A.I. Intake
VMax Ported TB
JRE Tune
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:33 AM   #4
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:

I don't think they need to do a full on Camaro ad campaign but hell maybe at least feature it in an ad doing more than popping up on a platform that comes out of the ground with those god awful real people ads.

There was a dodge commercial on the other day, had the charger, challenger and durango doing dodge things. going fast, loud noises, burnouts. End of ad was a lease special for a Journey
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:36 AM   #5
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:

It's been a while but they have done them.

GearheadSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:48 AM   #6
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
I see cadillac ats-v and cts-v ads all the time during racing events. I will see a corvette ad here and there. Never any camaro ads.
I think that's a great targeted campaign, during racing events, I just don't see them during "regular" programming like I do the Dodge Challenger ads. I guess my point is, perhaps GM feels that if you are in the market for a performance car, like a Vette or Camaro you don't need a TV ad to convince you? I mean I'm just guessing here, I have no inside information.

They do use Camaro and Vette for pace cars...and they have their website, maybe the $$$ saved on not doing expensive TV ads for these keep the prices down and we get the best performance car of the group for the money - I'm down with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I don't think they need to do a full on Camaro ad campaign but hell maybe at least feature it in an ad doing more than popping up on a platform that comes out of the ground with those god awful real people ads.

There was a dodge commercial on the other day, had the charger, challenger and durango doing dodge things. going fast, loud noises, burnouts. End of ad was a lease special for a Journey
I agree, their general ad campaigns are boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
It's been a while but they have done them.

yup, i'm sure they exist, I just never see them on the regular TV channels during prime time weeknights or over the weekend like I see the Dodge Challenger ads each day.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:52 AM   #7
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
With the people running GM top levels, they will never learn.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:54 AM   #8
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
In the 60s and 70s all performance cars had lots of print and TV ads. And cars were selling like hotcakes.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #9
DenverTaco07

I wonder if data shows that people, especially younger (who GM wants to be lifetime customers) aren't watching as much TV, there are no ads on Netflix, Prime and other products where these folks are getting their entertainment. Also, they've been using the internet since they were 3 years old, and they understand this is where they can go to get the information they need if they want a "performance car".
Old 07-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #10
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
IMO high performance cars don't need that much marketing. Anyone who wants this type of vehicle knows about them already.
Can't remember the last time I've seen a Porsche, Ferrari, or Lamborghini commercial.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #11
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
This is not true

People in general have no clue about newer Camaros.

I have met just in the last few weeks no fewer than 5 people, strangers that liked my car for one reason or another, but had no clue about it.

My new neighbor, could not believe how nice it was to ride in and how powerful it felt and, he had no clue they even offered a Turbo 4, he could not believe when I told him what I paid for it. He knew all about Challengers, but nothing about Camaro. I wonder why that is ???

A lady at the fast food place we go for breakfast, just this morning, asked me what kind of car we were in, when I said a new Camaro, she almost fell out of the window. She said she did not know they were this nice looking ???

No advertising on mainstream TV or even just some sports channels and Velocity makes absolutely no sense at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
IMO high performance cars don't need that much marketing. Anyone who wants this type of vehicle knows about them already.
Can't remember the last time I've seen a Porsche, Ferrari, or Lamborghini commercial.
flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #12
Grumpy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaps100 View Post
People in general have no clue about newer Camaros.

I have met just in the last few weeks no fewer than 5 people, strangers that liked my car for one reason or another, but had no clue about it.

My new neighbor, could not believe how nice it was to ride in and how powerful it felt and, he had no clue they even offered a Turbo 4, he could not believe when I told him what I paid for it. He knew all about Challengers, but nothing about Camaro. I wonder why that is ???

A lady at the fast food place we go for breakfast, just this morning, asked me what kind of car we were in, when I said a new Camaro, she almost fell out of the window. She said she did not know they were this nice looking ???

No advertising on mainstream TV or even just some sports channels and Velocity makes absolutely no sense at all.
Are any of those people in the market for a 70k sports car?
All I'm saying is most of the people who are know about high perf. cars in general.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #13
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
Are any of those people in the market for a 70k sports car?
All I'm saying is most of the people who are know about high perf. cars in general.
Lets not forget that not all Camaros are high performance cars and the Camaro starts at 27K
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #14
Grumpy1

Of course I'm basing things on a ZL1.
For you're lower cost car I can see your point.