Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-28-2021, 06:04 AM   #113
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
The Mach E is outselling the Mustang.

And to be clear the Mustang is NOT selling well.
I’d bet Ford drops the ICE Mustang as soon as they feel confident the Mustang Mach E has market acceptance. The Mach E was baby step in that direction so they didn’t end up with another Probe type blowback

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:02 AM   #114
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I’d bet Ford drops the ICE Mustang as soon as they feel confident the Mustang Mach E has market acceptance. The Mach E was baby step in that direction so they didn’t end up with another Probe type blowback

I thought the Mustang might be our last chance at an manual ICE coupe, since there's a supposed 7th generation... but you might be right, it's selling as well as the Mustang, i don't really see any bad reviews on it.
I have seen a few mach e's on the road, and let me say as one that draws on motorsports for an automotive aesthetic (wide tires, low to the ground... etc), i find the mach e utterly disgusting. If the mach e is the way we are heading.... i'm out, i will be looking seriously at a Factory Five, or SuperLite kit, and a Bolt for my daily.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:03 AM   #115
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Anyone curious enough should go the Buick China website. Yep, a minivan among a couple of sedans no longer sold in the US and at least one EV.
That right there says that mfrs are willing to develop niche products for an individual market. If the niche is projected to be big enough, I guess.

Norm
Old 07-28-2021, 07:06 AM   #116
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
I thought the Mustang might be our last chance at an manual ICE coupe, since there's a supposed 7th generation... but you might be right, it's selling as well as the Mustang, i don't really see any bad reviews on it.
I have seen a few mach e's on the road, and let me say as one that draws on motorsports for an automotive aesthetic (wide tires, low to the ground... etc), i find the mach e utterly disgusting. If the mach e is the way we are heading.... i'm out, i will be looking seriously at a Factory Five, or SuperLite kit, and a Bolt for my daily.
The S650 looks a hell of a lot like the current S550.

https://www.drivingline.com/articles...rd-mustang-gt/
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 07-28-2021, 07:12 AM   #117
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
Here's a video on youtube that shows an electric Gen7 Camaro testing at the Milford test track.

Judging by the tach and speedometer readings, it looks like there's some sort of gear shifting going on.

Norm
Old 07-28-2021, 07:18 AM   #118
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
I see what you're saying, but the difference between a traditional ponycar buyer and today's SUV buyer is immense compared to the difference between a traditional ponycar buyer and a mid 1980s-design sporty compact coupe.

Norm
Old 07-28-2021, 07:41 AM   #119
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Sales Numbers - Two-Door Muscle Cars - Q2 2021 - USA
MODEL Q2 21 / Q2 20 Q2 21 Q2 20 Q2 21 SHARE Q2 20 SHARE YTD 21 / YTD 20 YTD 21 YTD 20
DODGE CHALLENGER +52.35% 15,052 9,880 46% 31% +36.92% 30,148 22,018
FORD MUSTANG -6.62% 14,676 15,717 45% 49% -5.43% 31,950 33,786
CHEVROLET CAMARO -58.17% 2,792 6,675 9% 21% -28.71% 9,881 13,860
TOTAL +0.77% 32,520 32,272 +3.32% 71,979 69,664

The performance enabled the Mustang to enjoy a segment share of 45 percent, or 1 percent less than the Challenger’s 46 percent share. Meanwhile, the Camaro accounted for a mere 9 percent. Only the Dodge product saw an uptick in segment share, while the Mustang’s share slid four percentage points.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:43 AM   #120
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I see what you're saying, but the difference between a traditional ponycar buyer and today's SUV buyer is immense compared to the difference between a traditional ponycar buyer and a mid 1980s-design sporty compact coupe.

Norm
Ford intended to dump the rear drive, V8 layout and make the Mustang a "modern" front wheel driver.

Intense blowback caused them to reevaluate. They renamed the car Probe and did a low cost SN95 that was originally hidden from management.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/hagert...d-the-mustang/

So... I think that if Mustang is accepted as Mach E, Ford will lose interest in the ICE Mustang. They weren't brave enough to just do it ...like GM.

Ronald Reagan -
Old 07-28-2021, 07:47 AM   #121
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Sales Numbers - Two-Door Muscle Cars - Q2 2021 - USA
MODEL Q2 21 / Q2 20 Q2 21 Q2 20 Q2 21 SHARE Q2 20 SHARE YTD 21 / YTD 20 YTD 21 YTD 20
DODGE CHALLENGER +52.35% 15,052 9,880 46% 31% +36.92% 30,148 22,018
FORD MUSTANG -6.62% 14,676 15,717 45% 49% -5.43% 31,950 33,786
CHEVROLET CAMARO -58.17% 2,792 6,675 9% 21% -28.71% 9,881 13,860
TOTAL +0.77% 32,520 32,272 +3.32% 71,979 69,664

The performance enabled the Mustang to enjoy a segment share of 45 percent, or 1 percent less than the Challenger’s 46 percent share. Meanwhile, the Camaro accounted for a mere 9 percent. Only the Dodge product saw an uptick in segment share, while the Mustang’s share slid four percentage points.
This gives prospective. Dodge and Ford are enjoying increase market share in a shrinking market.

Chevy did worse than ignoring Camaro and letting it hang out there to wither. They gave us the 2019 facelift and got horrible press. Meanwhile, Dodge is burning tires on every other TV commercial and Ford did PP2, GT500 and Mach 1
Attached Images

Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 07-28-2021 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:17 AM   #122
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Mileage tax for electric cars
Here in IL they charge more for plate renewal on EVs. A normal car is $151, EV is $250 with rumors it might go to 500

Quote:
Possibly but I think an ICE mustang will stick around for a bit. There is the S650 in development and Ford sure as hell looks like they are spinning Mustang and Bronco into sub brands. S650 might be the last ICE mustang, but I would also bet if/when Ford goes all EV on the Mustang they will retain a traditionally styled mustang coupe and convertible as well as the Mach-E and possibly a sedan.

Quote:
This gives prospective. Dodge and Ford are enjoying increase market share in a shrinking market.

Chevy did worse than ignoring Camaro and letting it hang out there to wither. They gave us the 2019 facelift and got horrible press. Meanwhile, Dodge is burning tires on every other TV commercial and Ford did PP2, GT500 and Mach 1
So has your tune changed on why updating the model is important? I remember a few years ago you seemed quite content when GM got it right on the first try and didn't need to go back and add/tweak like Ford and Dodge do
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:24 AM   #123
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
Here's a video on youtube that shows an electric Gen7 Camaro testing at the Milford test track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilly Welson View Post
Wow..listen to that engine roar!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Judging by the tach and speedometer readings, it looks like there's some sort of gear shifting going on.

Norm
I’m assuming that this was posted tongue-in-cheek. Why would an EV have a tach? Does anybody really care how fast the electric motor(s) is/are spinning? If so, add a zero or two to that tach.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:36 AM   #124
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
It’s pretty clear that Ford is going to add a Mustang EV Sedan. Can’t remember if I’ve heard that directly from Ford or from other auto analysts. It makes sense. It’s why Ford has said they are making Mustang a sub-brand. You get your ICE coupe, you get your BEV Sedan and you get your BEV Crossover. How long will the coupe offer a V8? Probably depends on how long F150 keeps a V8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Here in IL they charge more for plate renewal on EVs. A normal car is $151, EV is $250 with rumors it might go to 500
Ironically, there are more states penalizing BEV with higher registration fees than there are states offering incentives to purchase BEVs. Some states do both.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:40 AM   #125
Davy_Baby9

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
The S650 looks a hell of a lot like the current S550.

https://www.drivingline.com/articles...rd-mustang-gt/
That’s definitely the current Mach 1 with the handling pack minus the spoiler.
Davy_Baby9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:51 AM   #126
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I’m assuming that this was posted tongue-in-cheek. Why would an EV have a tach? Does anybody really care how fast the electric motor(s) is/are spinning? If so, add a zero or two to that tach.
Unless the whole thing is a put-on, I'd have to assume that it would be of an instrumented development mule.

How would we know if the rpms weren't being sampled downstream of, say, a primary gear reduction used to keep driveshaft rpms within reason?

Norm