Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-25-2021, 12:25 PM   #113
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Hey, sorry, I absolutely didn't mean to be a douche, I just thought hill start assist was only designed to help with slipping the clutch in 1st before the car starts moving. Two seconds feels plenty for that.

(BTW hill start in a manual car with no HSA is one of the mandatory and duly dreaded driving test exercises where I come from, at least it was back in the day )
No worries, I wasn't offended

In my case, I'm trying to put the Camaro between the garage and another car inside it so I like to take it slow and easy. I found using manual parking brake on my old C6 Corvette (that had no backup camera) to work better than the EPB+camera on the Camaro.
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:51 PM   #114
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
only if you step on the gas.

Correct, for me it works like a slow release.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:51 PM   #115
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Here's an interesting quote from Car and Driver about the 2021 GTR with lots of older technology.

"Hello, manual emergency brake lever. We've missed you. And guess what? There's still room for cupholders. Almost as if the whole "we needed that real estate on the center console" excuse for electronic parking brakes is just that—an excuse to deny you the ability to rip righteous Ken Block handbrake turns in a snowy parking lot. Pull up on that leather-wrapped handle and listen to the signature ratchet of a manual emergency brake. When you want to release it, you have to pull up a little bit more to ease the tension before you depress the release button. A lost art, that."

Also mentions the hydraulic steering and high peak torque turbo.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ign=nl22523383

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote