Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 10-08-2017, 04:22 PM   #113
ScottMZ3

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 2019 BMW X5
I agree. How GM let this issue persist through THREE model years is ridiculous! 2016-2018 can all have the issue.

But, its fixed on mine now...and I'm a happy camper!
Old 10-08-2017, 11:30 PM   #114
mr965

Drives: ///M3
Now if we can only get GM to get off their ass to fix the lousy audio quality in the PDR!
mr965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:38 AM   #115
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
This is crap GM. At least GM could do is tell us what happen?? Bad supplier stuff, assembly line mess up or total incompetence from GM on design and testing. Or worse yet, let them go out with know problem while we work on a fix?
You must not know much about GM.

They love keeping people like us in the dark. :/

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:41 AM   #116
Childs Play

Went to Grainger and Fastenal yesterday after work. Neither of them had 12mm Nord-lock washers in stock. I saw somewhere that I could use 1/2" however I feel more comfortable using metric w/ metric.

Maybe it's really not a big deal and I'm just over thinking it due to this issue bugging me.

I'm just going to order them online and get them shipped to my house.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Old 10-10-2017, 07:35 AM   #117
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
You must not know much about GM.

They love keeping people like us in the dark. :/
I know about GM first hand all too much, trust me on that.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:41 AM   #118
Childs Play

Quote:
I know about GM first hand all too much, trust me on that.
Oh I don't doubt that. I was kidding anyway. Believe me, I'm just as annoyed as you are about how GM leaves us in the dark.

I get that in some ways they have to until there's an actual fix. But most times after waiting forever, the fixes seem like they're still half ass.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Old 10-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #119
Childs Play

Well... I attempted to do the repair myself tonight with the Nord-Lock washers and Loctite. I can't get in there with the torque wrench I have just by jacking the car up and pulling off the tires. Either that or I'm just bad at figuring it out.

I'll have to talk to some better mechanically inclined friends who work on cars to see if they can help me out.

...Or see if the dealership would be awesome and add the washers when they do the updated TSB.

Side note. I'm pretty sure my tire bolts weren't torqued properly because they came undone rather easily.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Old 10-12-2017, 08:00 AM   #120
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Well... I attempted to do the repair myself tonight with the Nord-Lock washers and Loctite. I can't get in there with the torque wrench I have just by jacking the car up and pulling off the tires. Either that or I'm just bad at figuring it out.

I'll have to talk to some better mechanically inclined friends who work on cars to see if they can help me out.

...Or see if the dealership would be awesome and add the washers when they do the updated TSB.

Side note. I'm pretty sure my tire bolts weren't torqued properly because they came undone rather easily.
Welcome to GMs technical training school, where we help you gain first hand knowledge of the mechanical workings of your new auto. Please let us know if you discover a good fix we can use or not.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:00 AM   #121
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Welcome to GMs technical training school, where we help you gain first hand knowledge of the mechanical workings of your new auto. Please let us know if you discover a good fix we can use or not.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:47 AM   #122
Childs Play

Quote:
Sad how true this seems to be...

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Old 10-26-2017, 03:08 PM   #123
fivewunoh

Drives: 18 NFG 1ss M6
Going on day 7 now for these damn end links to be replaced. Day 1, had a drive around with the master techs apprentice. Was able to replicate the sound with his VERY easily. Told him this gen Camaro has a pretty common problem with loose sway bar end links so to please check it out. He agreed that there is something lkely wrong in that area and that they'll look into it.
Day 2 close to end of day and no call from my advisor Anthony so I decide to call. Says they're able to reproduce the sound but are unable to find the source so they're waiting for Gms response. I asked if they checked the sway bars and he says yes.
Day 4, Anthony is off so I talk to Matthew. Ask for an update and he says they're still waiting for a response from Gm. I tell Matthew that there is an open tsb and that they should check on it if they're that stumped about the noises source. He said they they had already checked the sway bars and they're good. He also said that if they looked into every tsb a customer asked about, they would have way too many cars on the lot. I said that I am only asking for one tsb for my car and that it's probably pertinent to the symptoms my car is producing. Conversation gets no where so I end it.
Day 5 rolls along, and I get my first update call from Anthony. He tells me that Gm advises to check the sway bar end links, so they did, and found the links were loose. They are also informed to replace the bolts with new ones that should come tomorrow. Hmm, sounds like something I mentioned on day 1.
Day 6, end of day. I call for update. They tell me bolts came in but they never worked on my car. Should be done middle of the day tomorrow. I'm a little curious at this point.
Day 7, today. I call multiple times at 11am and no answer from Anthony. I say **** it, and drive to chevy. I walk up to an empty service bay and Anthony not with a customer. I say "hey man, when you don't pick up the phone, I expect you to be busy. But here you are doing nothing" I say other things that don't need to be resaid but y'all get the point.
Long story short, these shits made me wait 7 days for a problem I told them on day 1 is most likely the culprit. I have to wait till day 5 for my service advisor to actually CALL ME for an update. Fremont chevy in CA is a terrible place to have service and this was the first and last time I will ever be here.
End rant. ��
fivewunoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:44 AM   #124
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivewunoh View Post
Going on day 7 now for these damn end links to be replaced. Day 1, had a drive around with the master techs apprentice. Was able to replicate the sound with his VERY easily. Told him this gen Camaro has a pretty common problem with loose sway bar end links so to please check it out. He agreed that there is something lkely wrong in that area and that they'll look into it.
Day 2 close to end of day and no call from my advisor Anthony so I decide to call. Says they're able to reproduce the sound but are unable to find the source so they're waiting for Gms response. I asked if they checked the sway bars and he says yes.
Day 4, Anthony is off so I talk to Matthew. Ask for an update and he says they're still waiting for a response from Gm. I tell Matthew that there is an open tsb and that they should check on it if they're that stumped about the noises source. He said they they had already checked the sway bars and they're good. He also said that if they looked into every tsb a customer asked about, they would have way too many cars on the lot. I said that I am only asking for one tsb for my car and that it's probably pertinent to the symptoms my car is producing. Conversation gets no where so I end it.
Day 5 rolls along, and I get my first update call from Anthony. He tells me that Gm advises to check the sway bar end links, so they did, and found the links were loose. They are also informed to replace the bolts with new ones that should come tomorrow. Hmm, sounds like something I mentioned on day 1.
Day 6, end of day. I call for update. They tell me bolts came in but they never worked on my car. Should be done middle of the day tomorrow. I'm a little curious at this point.
Day 7, today. I call multiple times at 11am and no answer from Anthony. I say **** it, and drive to chevy. I walk up to an empty service bay and Anthony not with a customer. I say "hey man, when you don't pick up the phone, I expect you to be busy. But here you are doing nothing" I say other things that don't need to be resaid but y'all get the point.
Long story short, these shits made me wait 7 days for a problem I told them on day 1 is most likely the culprit. I have to wait till day 5 for my service advisor to actually CALL ME for an update. Fremont chevy in CA is a terrible place to have service and this was the first and last time I will ever be here.
End rant. ��
Take your car and go to another service department at this point. Not worth the stress.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:54 PM   #125
fivewunoh

Drives: 18 NFG 1ss M6
Yea for sure. One and done for this dealer.
But damn, it's as if their techs have never heard a rattle from the front of a car before.
fivewunoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:03 PM   #126
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
I don't know what it is about these cars and sway bar end links. lol. I have the BMR end links on mine and I've had to tighten both of the front upper nuts after track days at different times. (user error I'm sure).
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote