Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-16-2018, 01:14 PM   #113
Camarão

Drives: 2018 Black LS1 with RS Package
I just read this whole thread and oh it had tons of good info! Thanks y'all!
2014 Lexus IS250, Auto, F Sport
2010 Mazda 3, 6-Speed, Sport Hatchback
2006 Mazda Miata, 6-Speed Retractable Hardtop
2001 Mazda Protege5, 5-Speed
Camarão is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:57 PM   #114
race2win

Drives: 1LT 2.0T
Hey everyone, it has been a while since visiting this site...a hectic work schedule, a big family, serving on the SAC and now SEB etc has not left much time for internet forums :-/

I was considering trading out of my Camaro for something else (Car-A.D.D. runs strong with me after 2-years in the same car). However I've decided I really enjoy the car and want to give it hell in 2019, so look here for updates and info as we attempt to put the Camaro back on top in D-Street! Front bar, shocks, etc are in store, we will need everything possible to top the mighty Civic Type R!

Post-Nationals and Pro Finale update to come...
SCCA D-Street #49/149
stranoparts.com
Bridgestone Tires
race2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:12 AM   #115
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Hopefully, Koni and Bilstein come out with their stuff before mid next season.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:23 AM   #116
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by race2win View Post
Hey everyone, it has been a while since visiting this site...a hectic work schedule, a big family, serving on the SAC and now SEB etc has not left much time for internet forums :-/

I was considering trading out of my Camaro for something else (Car-A.D.D. runs strong with me after 2-years in the same car). However I've decided I really enjoy the car and want to give it hell in 2019, so look here for updates and info as we attempt to put the Camaro back on top in D-Street! Front bar, shocks, etc are in store, we will need everything possible to top the mighty Civic Type R!

Post-Nationals and Pro Finale update to come...
Car ADD is the worst.... For now i think im just upgrading to a 19.. thats the plan this week... lol
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:15 AM   #117
race2win

2018 Pro Solo Finale Update

The 2018 Solo Nationals week started off pretty good with the Pro Solo Finale. This season DS was grouped into an indexed class consisting of GS, DS and STH. Unfortunately the GS index is quite soft...or should I say the DS index was tough, either way it's based on the WRX and it's launch advantage. On a 30 second course a DS car needs to be over 9-tenths faster raw than a GS car, but still needs to be within a half second of STH...which also has AWD cars

I came into the event tied for 1st in points with Dennis Sparks in his WRX, and Des Toups (former 2.0T Camaro owner X2) was in 3rd 7 points behind in his new Civic Si. This meant for the season championship it was winner take all between Dennis and I, and Des needed both of us to finish 3rd or worse to claim the championship.

Fortunately Saturday started off dry and stayed that way for our morning and afternoon runs. After morning runs I had a slight lead of less than a tenth over Des, but I was standing on a mediocre right side run. Fortunately I was able to nail the right side Saturday afternoon and stretched out the lead going into Sunday. Unfortunately for my competitors, it rained heavily overnight and we had drying conditions in the morning, so nobody was able to improve their times.

This meant I was back-to-back Pro Solo Finale winner and season Champion with the Camaro! This felt good, it's not easy taking a RWD car and beating AWD cars that cut 1.8 60-ft times, but the car worked awesome the whole event and had me very encouraged going into Nationals.

Videos...
Left

Right

Thanks to Bridgestone Tires, Strano Performance Parts, and Edge Motorworks for all the support!! Also thanks to Gotcone.com for the great shots!

2018 Solo Nationals recap coming soon!
Attached Images

SCCA D-Street #49/149
stranoparts.com
Bridgestone Tires
Old 09-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #118
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post
Car ADD is the worst.... For now i think im just upgrading to a 19.. thats the plan this week... lol
Upgrading to a 19' SS 1LE in Crush...... *cough cough*
Old 09-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #119
apexit53

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Upgrading to a 19' SS 1LE in Crush...... *cough cough*
and get rushed in AS lol
#53 F Street
Autocrossing Videos
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
Old 09-19-2018, 02:36 PM   #120
Cito

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Its going to BS, right? Please!?!?!?
Cito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:37 PM   #121
apexit53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito View Post
Its going to BS, right? Please!?!?!?
its silly season... who knows! lol
#53 F Street
Autocrossing Videos
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
Old 11-03-2018, 11:50 AM   #122
race2win

Update time!

So I really never got back here to post a Nationals recap, but I think most of you know the story...HEAVY rain on Day-1 dropped all of the Camaro drivers way down in the standings. Being in the heaviest DS car on the widest tires that also happens to be RWD is not the best standing water solution

Day-1 video for your amusement...

Day-2 was a lot better, we had mostly dry conditions and Camaros swept the top-3 fastest times in DS. Here is video from Day-2, definitely not my best work as I was pushing too hard to lay down a flyer, but enough to climb from 21st place up to 8th out of 48 drivers.
https://youtu.be/A0sX_TJTaOs

Lots was learned at Nationals 2018, we will be back next year much more prepared! It's definitely not going to be easy though, as many of you know there was a proposal to move some of the AWD Rally Cars from BS to DS...well based on lots of positive feedback (myself included) that proposal was approved in the latest Fastrack that came out last week. That means along with the Civic Type R, we will have to contend with the Focus RS, WRX STI, Evos, various Audi Quattros, and the Nissan 350Z...details can be found here... https://www.scca.com/downloads/42866...-solo/download

I still feel the Camaro is the best all-around car though, and now I'm finally going to start putting parts on it to make it even better Next up sway bar testing
SCCA D-Street #49/149
stranoparts.com
Bridgestone Tires
Old 11-03-2018, 03:26 PM   #123
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Update time!

So I really never got back here to post a Nationals recap, but I think most of you know the story...HEAVY rain on Day-1 dropped all of the Camaro drivers way down in the standings. Being in the heaviest DS car on the widest tires that also happens to be RWD is not the best standing water solution

Day-1 video for your amusement...

Day-2 was a lot better, we had mostly dry conditions and Camaros swept the top-3 fastest times in DS. Here is video from Day-2, definitely not my best work as I was pushing too hard to lay down a flyer, but enough to climb from 21st place up to 8th out of 48 drivers.
https://youtu.be/A0sX_TJTaOs

Lots was learned at Nationals 2018, we will be back next year much more prepared! It's definitely not going to be easy though, as many of you know there was a proposal to move some of the AWD Rally Cars from BS to DS...well based on lots of positive feedback (myself included) that proposal was approved in the latest Fastrack that came out last week. That means along with the Civic Type R, we will have to contend with the Focus RS, WRX STI, Evos, various Audi Quattros, and the Nissan 350Z...details can be found here... https://www.scca.com/downloads/42866...-solo/download

I still feel the Camaro is the best all-around car though, and now I'm finally going to start putting parts on it to make it even better Next up sway bar testing
Hey Mark, killer work on day 2 to climb up the ladder after the washout on day 1! Sounds like you too will be taking a dedicated rain setup with you next year as well?

On a different note, with all of the BS to DS moves what are your thoughts now on moving the SS 1LE & GT 350 to BS, more feasible now or still a long shot?
Old 11-04-2018, 11:22 AM   #124
race2win

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Hey Mark, killer work on day 2 to climb up the ladder after the washout on day 1! Sounds like you too will be taking a dedicated rain setup with you next year as well?

On a different note, with all of the BS to DS moves what are your thoughts now on moving the SS 1LE & GT 350 to BS, more feasible now or still a long shot?
Yes, a more dedicated rain set up is needed. Actually all we really need is a good set of "street" tires in a narrow size to "cut" through the water. Full tread RE-71Rs are fantastic in damp conditions, but no good 200TW tire could handle the amount of water we had on day-1. I have Bridgestone's new S007A on my VW daily driver, if we ever get some rain here in NorCal I'll report how they perform

The SS 1LE/GT350/PP2 to BS proposal is being decided as we speak, look for the announcement in the coming Fastrack in a few weeks.
SCCA D-Street #49/149
stranoparts.com
Bridgestone Tires
Old 11-04-2018, 04:20 PM   #125
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Yes, a more dedicated rain set up is needed. Actually all we really need is a good set of "street" tires in a narrow size to "cut" through the water. Full tread RE-71Rs are fantastic in damp conditions, but no good 200TW tire could handle the amount of water we had on day-1. I have Bridgestone's new S007A on my VW daily driver, if we ever get some rain here in NorCal I'll report how they perform

The SS 1LE/GT350/PP2 to BS proposal is being decided as we speak, look for the announcement in the coming Fastrack in a few weeks.
I will take you word as very promising but try not to get my hopes up!
Old 03-29-2019, 08:57 AM   #126
EWard

Drives: 2019 Camaro RBM M6 LTG 1LS
To start the 2019 SCCA champ tour season the Focus RS looks to be the car to beat until we see some prepped Civic Type R's. This was my first national event and if showed, got my butt kicked but that was to be expected. Had a blast was a lot of fun and will be going back. http://sololive.scca.com/DS.php On another note weighted the car on the scales while at the champ tour and was very surprised with a weight of 3,188 lbs with approx 3 gallons of gas and 19" Apex wheels with well worn 275/35/19 RE71's.
Attached Images

EWard is offline   Reply With Quote