Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-07-2018, 08:44 PM   #113
Mighunter

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Let us know how u make out
Mighunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:28 AM   #114
Bigdave18629

Drives: 2016 White 2SS Vert A8 Maggie S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighunter View Post
Let us know how u make out

Here is how I made out after following up with Pay Pal about his last excuse regarding an error when he tried to refund my money:

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I could see that the seller could not able to perform refund due to negative balance of his account.
We're however, reviewing your cases and will contact you if we need more information. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Sincerely,
Kethuvarni
PayPal

Bigdave18629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #115
Bigdave18629

Drives: 2016 White 2SS Vert A8 Maggie S/C
To close the loop, finally got my refund of $4,200 today. Started the process on 1/24, dozens of unanswered e-mails, the scare of Pay Pal saying the account had a negative balance, and so on. I am done with 6LE, which you all the best of luck. Can't handle working with someone that does business like this, intentionally or not.

Done with the threads about it as well.
Bigdave18629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:48 PM   #116
Razor427

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
So are they still in business?

Ray
Razor427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:31 AM   #117
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
I'll be going to pick up my Carbon Fiber ZL1 1LE Spoiler in just a couple hours ^_^

Finally getting the item after 7 months of patiently waiting
Old 03-04-2018, 07:32 PM   #118
H(.)(.)ters

Drives: 2SS - Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arugon View Post
I'll be going to pick up my Carbon Fiber ZL1 1LE Spoiler in just a couple hours ^_^

Pics? Review?
H(.)(.)ters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:46 PM   #119
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Quote:

True story, my two story colonial was built from foundation to turn key in 7 months. You my friend are one patient fellow.

But in all seriousness, I hope it’s awesome for you and was worth the wait. You are much stronger than I am lol
Old 03-04-2018, 08:25 PM   #120
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
True story, my two story colonial was built from foundation to turn key in 7 months. You my friend are one patient fellow.

But in all seriousness, I hope it’s awesome for you and was worth the wait. You are much stronger than I am lol
Sounds like the only thing being shipped is the wing haven’t seen any mention of other stuff yet think we would still be waiting I mean I’m still waiting for my refund even though was told I should have it by Friday the 2nd
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:16 PM   #121
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by H(.)(.)ters View Post
Pics? Review?
Since multiple people have asked I guess I'll just be blunt...I'm highly disappointed. I feel like I was just sent a reject spoiler that wouldn't ever pass any other company's QC. I hate to talk crap about a company especially after being in contact with the owner for so long but I genuinely feel like I am being ripped off.

Note: The item I ordered was a ZL1 1LE Carbon Fiber Spoiler. It is supposed to be a finished product requiring absolutely zero bodywork.

This thing is so beat up and lacks ANY attention to detail entirely. It is COVERED in DEEP scratches, marring, haze, pitts, chips, hollow points going into the spoiler, black blotches under the clear, and there is a very apparent seam that runs the entirety of the spoiler. There are also multiple locations where you can see what looks like brush strokes in the clear coat. In addition to that the edges are very rough and there are countless high and low spots in the main piece.

The stanchions aren't even finished, they literally look like they were pulled out of the mold and spray painted matte black then slapped on. They are very rough and uneven in points. The middle one doesn't even sit flush with the trunk lid. The stanchions alone will require profession bodywork. There is also a hideous white residue that runs along the entire area that the stanchions connect to the main wing that is permanently on there. Tried to get it off for an hour, no luck.

In addition to that I was told the Winglets would attach to the spoiler via "Recessed Allen Heads". Of course I assumed they would still be visible but at the very least flush with the winglets.....Nope, what I received were MASSIVE Silver Phillips head screws that protrude 1/4 inch from the winglets. I mean these things are atleast 1/2 inch in diameter. Absolutely hideous, I literally put black electrical tape over them in an attempt to atleast try and make it look somewhat decent.

If all that wasn't bad enough the hardware I was sent wasn't even correct! I was provided washers that are meant to mount on the inside of the trunk however they don't even fit through the holes in the interior of the trunk body so they are completely unusable. I actually had to scrounge up washers from my garage to even mount the damn thing.

Hell even my DAD commented on how terrible the quality of the spoiler is and he doesn't know a damn thing about cars and aftermarket parts. He said "Your new spoiler is already spoiled!" lmao. I'd expect better from a Chinese company selling a knock off wing on Ebay, let alone a company that specializes in "high quality" Camaro parts.

Needless to say I genuinely feel that I am being ripped off. Luckily the item is not paid for as I had my original invoice refunded and said I would pay when I received the item I originally paid for on August 15th. This wing IS NOT that item. I've also filed a dispute for the CF Skorpion Hood I've been waiting 5 months for now that I've seen the kind of product they think is acceptable to send out to such a loyal customer whom has gone out of his way to defend the company on these forums on multiple occasions. I'm FUMING as I type this, seriously I feel betrayed. To have waited over 7 MONTHS for this poor quality of product is genuinely disheartening.

Anyways, here are some pictures for you all. Keep in mind they don't even begin scratch the surface as to the terrible quality of the wing, it's MUCH worse in person.
Attached Images

Last edited by Arugon; 03-05-2018 at 01:06 AM.
Arugon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:04 AM   #122
Sheriff37
Do it for Dale

Drives: '16 NFGray V6 M6
Quote:
I hate to talk crap about a company especially after being in contact with the owner for so long but I genuinely feel like I am being ripped off....I's MUCH worse in person.
You aren't kidding, that looks atrocious even from the pictures. Hopefully they will send you one that is on par to the quality you would expect for that price tag, or even just a company that respects it's customers. I've remained unbiased about this whole issue with said company but actually seeing the quality of this part worries me. I hope that wing was just a fluke and all of the parts that come out of that shop don't look like that. Might have to take my business elsewhere if they do.

Best of luck with that wing.
Sheriff37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:59 AM   #123
dennis@hixsonnet.com

Drives: Me: '16 2SS yellow, Wife: '16 1SS
wow!

2016 Camaro 2SS ** EdelBrock E-Force Supercharger, 3" pulley, RotoFab air intake, Alky Methanol Injection System, Corsa Extreme Exhaust, Kooks longtube headers, TSP VV2 CAM, 1LE wheels @ 285/30/20 front & 305/30/20 rear... 707.41rwhp, 702.36 torque
dennis@hixsonnet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:12 AM   #124
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Man that thing is hard to look at
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:19 AM   #125
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
That spoiler is just plain brutal to look at...if my company produced that I'd be ashamed and would have it destroyed.
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #126
SSinVA

Drives: 2016 SS (soon)
Wow - good from far but far from good. I’m sorry your patience wasn’t rewarded. Hopefully he makes it right and does it quickly.
SSinVA is offline   Reply With Quote