Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-30-2017, 10:49 PM   #1135
Poppacapp

Drives: 2017 Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Who cares about this run? It wasn't an official run....

https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

Top 100 times on the Ring....find the GT500 while you're there...

And if we're talking unofficial crap... the ZL1 1LE actually ran a 7:13 on the Ring....but it wasn't an officially timed run...
This was compared to the then current ZL1. Not the new one.

Poppacapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:08 PM   #1136
Yellow6thGen
18 ZL1 A10 Convertible

Drives: White ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppacapp View Post
Yeah I saw that. And I agree... it will be like the 6gens imo. There are primarily 5-6? 11sec stock ones... and a few exceptional modded ones so far. I think the Mustang will follow the same pattern.

I agree to an extent. Although the 18 GT is faster, it still does not have the down low grunt that the LT1 has.

I agree. I am sure you can get much better times with more track time/traction. We had a ZL1 convertible at our track rental today. Very nice car. He was seeing what he could do stock on stock tires though, and track wasnt as sticky as needed to be with those tires. He did manage mid 11sec times though at over 124.

I think it will be in the 750hp range IMO. Definitely agree on the 2.65 TVS. That is going to be a monster blower pullied down.

So, tune, drag pack, xpipe. I wouldn't classify that as highly modified. 315gears are stock.

The 13 GT500 did run around the Ring and beat the ZL1 time. There was a video posted on SVT forums a while back that had a split screen of the GT500/ZL1 run. Or was it the Z28? Hell I can't remember.

Pop,

It was great hanging with you guys today. You vette is awesome! Now I knew it would be tough today. I haven’t raced on a track in many years. I was happy well very happy with the times I had today...I’m still trying to learn to launch this right. On a totally stock car original tires and officially broke in now with 750+- miles on my ZL1. On my first run it was horrible launch, but still managed 11.9 at 124 and consistent 11.5s at 124.9 and the best pass at 11.40 at 125.02 so I’m happy heavy ZL1 Convertible... soon to be modded by Pray! I saw some of his incredible work today and can’t wait for the next few months!

So what is the fastest ZL1 Convertible? I know it can’t be mine at those times..lol

Look forward to Dyno the beast next week. My RotoFab just came in too so looking forward to the real consumer testing. Dyno and Track if the weather holds out or maybe start to warm up by then...

2018 ZL1 Convertible A10 @ Kooks R&D.
Yellow6thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:22 PM   #1137
Poppacapp

Drives: 2017 Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow6thGen View Post
Pop,

It was great hanging with you guys today. You vette is awesome! Now I knew it would be tough today. I haven’t raced on a track in many years. I was happy well very happy with the times I had today...I’m still trying to learn to launch this right. On a totally stock car original tires and officially broke in now with 750+- miles on my ZL1. On my first run it was horrible launch, but still managed 11.9 at 124 and consistent 11.5s at 124.9 and the best pass at 11.40 at 125.02 so I’m happy heavy ZL1 Convertible... soon to be modded by Pray! I saw some of his incredible work today and can’t wait for the next few months!

So what is the fastest ZL1 Convertible? I know it can’t be mine at those times..lol

Look forward to Dyno the beast next week. My RotoFab just came in too so looking forward to the real consumer testing. Dyno and Track if the weather holds out or maybe start to warm up by then...
It was great meeting you today! Had a good time, even though the DA wasn't as friendly as we would have liked. Its going to take a sticky track to get those street tires to hook with all that power, but that's part of the fun. The car for sure will go faster on the same setup.

Poppacapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:10 AM   #1138
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Who cares about this run? It wasn't an official run....

https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

Top 100 times on the Ring....find the GT500 while you're there...

And if we're talking unofficial crap... the ZL1 1LE actually ran a 7:13 on the Ring....but it wasn't an officially timed run...
Is there such a thing as an Official Nurburgring Time? I was under the impression that there was no sanctioned body that oversees and regulates these runs and thusly the manufacturers are only beholden to their own "honour" for lack of a better word.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:17 AM   #1139
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Is there such a thing as an Official Nurburgring Time? I was under the impression that there was no sanctioned body that oversees and regulates these runs and thusly the manufacturers are only beholden to their own "honour" for lack of a better word.
100% correct. Nobody authorized to verify anything. Actually, on top of that, there is no such thing as a true stock run there anyways since they weld in a roll cage for safety.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2017, 08:18 AM   #1140
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow6thGen View Post
Pop,

That is a solid pass! You should post it for the fast list.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427506

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:20 AM   #1141
hotlap

Quote:
I think he was referring to a manufacturer submitting and standing behind the run with video documentation. Even Dodge does the equivalent on their end of the sandbox with NHRA.

If you question a manufacturers "honor", private parties running after the fact opens a whole other can of worms

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-31-2017, 09:22 AM   #1142
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I think he was referring to a manufacturer submitting and standing behind the run with video documentation. Even Dodge does the equivalent on their end of the sandbox with NHRA.

If you question a manufacturers "honor", private parties running after the fact opens a whole other can of worms
I guess I just feel that the numbers themselves would hold more validity if there were a sanctioned, independent, 3rd party, body that would have outlines of what exactly is allowed; and present a consistent, repeatable, method for all submissions.

Rather than taking someone's word, being it an individual, publishing group, or manufacturer.

Much like Blaq, I feel that an unbias, or as little bias as possible, reporting of data makes for a much better and reliable source. Without that integrity present, it seems little more than anecdotal.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:00 PM   #1143
hotlap

Quote:
I guess I just feel that the numbers themselves would hold more validity if there were a sanctioned, independent, 3rd party, body that would have outlines of what exactly is allowed; and present a consistent, repeatable, method for all submissions.

Rather than taking someone's word, being it an individual, publishing group, or manufacturer.

Much like Blaq, I feel that an unbias, or as little bias as possible, reporting of data makes for a much better and reliable source. Without that integrity present, it seems little more than anecdotal.
Agreed but without a sanctioning body, manufacture integrity with onboard data is the best we've got. Chevy's runs come as part of their design validation testing and, according to them, aren't the best laps they've run. They are the best they have on video.

One could question its validity but the results are evident in the final product and Chevy's commitment to track focused vehicles when the other domestic manufacturers (and many of their fans) scoff. Alpha is indisputably good for that very reason. This is Chevy's niche.

Compare that to a Joe blow lap time when the actual final product couldn't make two laps around Laguna Seca without overheating and cooking its brakes.

Ronald Reagan -
Old 01-01-2018, 12:01 PM   #1144
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

All I know is nearly everyone cheats. The Honda Type R, off the showroom floor for instance is several seconds slower than the Honda Type R that the OEM runs, even though Honda says their only mod is a full floating roll cage (no addition to structural rigidity). The time is official, but the mods on the "stock" car are suspect.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:26 PM   #1145
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
lol "official"
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #1146
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
lol "official"
i.e. it came from a track clock, hopefully run by a track official not the onboard system. Other than that I guess your correct "official". There is a whole right up by some rich guy about what needs to be done for the "ring". Basically is comes down to only two things: Verify that the car has normal tires, he says available to a customer from TireRack, second that there be an official fill up with normal pump fuel. He claims this would solve the vast majority of OEM cheating. I kind of agree, generally available rubber and generally available fuel, lets see what street cars can d.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 04:59 PM   #1147
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
What the hell are you guys blabbing about regarding Nurburgring times? Yes, Honda didn't use tires that come factory on the Type R.

Pretty sure the only thing Chevy adds is a roll cage.. Tires are sticky enough from factory.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 05:07 PM   #1148
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post

Pretty sure
sounds official to me
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote