Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-14-2023, 05:32 AM   #99
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
A power hard top convertible would be nice. I don’t care for the look of the current convertible with the top up. The top looks like an afterthought. I definitely don’t care for the top speed limit. My MX5 was a nice convertible, if only it had had a V8.

Guess I will have to be happy with the t-top in the MR2.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 06:37 AM   #100
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
The mx5 top up looks better than the Camaro? The Camaro's looks like an afterthought? You must be kidding....
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2023, 07:28 AM   #101
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
A power hard top convertible would be nice. I don’t care for the look of the current convertible with the top up. The top looks like an afterthought. I definitely don’t care for the top speed limit. My MX5 was a nice convertible, if only it had had a V8.

Guess I will have to be happy with the t-top in the MR2.
Dude…. You have an MR2? Here’s mine… it was born red but now the color scheme is the reverse of my Camaro color scheme. The orange is the same as the stripes and brake calipers of my Camaro Fifty. The greenhouse, mirrors and engine vents are nightfall grey metallic.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:03 AM   #102
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Dude…. You have an MR2? Here’s mine… it was born red but now the color scheme is the reverse of my Camaro color scheme. The orange is the same as the stripes and brake calipers of my Camaro Fifty. The greenhouse, mirrors and engine vents are nightfall grey metallic.
Wow! Sweet looking MR2. I always thought they were cool looking cars.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 10:20 AM   #103
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Don't see many MR2's anymore. I almost bought one of that body style, but got a new 4th Gen Camaro instead. Love that MR2 body style, looks like a little Ferrari. Fun to drive too.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 11:28 AM   #104
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Yep. Got it from my Dad. 1993 Turbo. Red. He had the black leather replaced with tan leather to make it look more like the Magnum PI Ferrari, which looks pretty good. He also had Ferrari badging added, which I'm not so fond of but haven't taken off yet.

I'll take some pics at some point and post them.
Old 03-14-2023, 12:39 PM   #105
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Yep. Got it from my Dad. 1993 Turbo. Red. He had the black leather replaced with tan leather to make it look more like the Magnum PI Ferrari, which looks pretty good. He also had Ferrari badging added, which I'm not so fond of but haven't taken off yet.

Would like to see those. FWIW, I was able to find Japanese market MR2 badges and put those on the fenders.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 03-14-2023, 12:42 PM   #106
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:

Cool! Looking forward to the pictures. And they do kind of look like a mini Ferrari.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 01:11 PM   #107
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Ok…back to Camaros.

At the end of the day, I think when we buy vehicles we are making trade-offs on one level or another. So when you make trade-offs, there’s got to be something about the vehicle you purchased that you either do not like or wish could be somewhat better. That’s why we mod.

I would never buy a vehicle I didn’t like, but I did make trade-offs or accept that some things were not quite the way I would have done it when I bought my Camaro.
  • I would have loved to have a trunk opening that I could put stuff I normally carry through.
  • Failing that I would have loved to have fold down rear seats (convertibles are fixed in place)
  • I would have preferred that there was a ZL1 with Fifty package

Despite those wishlist items though, on balance I bought the best car for me and do not regret it. Has anyone here bought a car that has zero compromises? If so, why did you mod it?

Old 03-14-2023, 01:33 PM   #108
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

I haven't modded a car in at least 30 years, so I can't answer that part of your question, but pretty much every car I've ever owned had compromises, both the trade offs the manufacturer had to make to get them produced and the ones I had to make between all my wants and needs, what was available and my ability to buy.

Ideally I would own a transformer vehicle that was a lot like my Camaro when I want it to be, but very truck like at other times, as well as comfortably seating at least 5. It would be nice if it could be a convertible now and then as well, hard top of course.

Having said that the Camaro probably has the least compromises for what I want in a sports car and most of the ones it made don't really matter to me, visibility, trunk opening. It's just a very well put together car if you're a driving enthusiast.

It's the sports car version of my very first motorcycle, a 1978 YZ125, very purpose focused.
Old 03-14-2023, 03:22 PM   #109
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
For the 1LEs. not being able to fit a helmet through the window is a pretty obvious downside.
I always have the thing in the car and put it on once seated. Never really even thought to put one through the window.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 03:33 PM   #110
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matos1LE View Post
I always have the thing in the car and put it on once seated. Never really even thought to put one through the window.
Yeah, it's only an issue in a crash, especially if the car is on fire.
Old 03-14-2023, 06:50 PM   #111
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Yeah, it's only an issue in a crash, especially if the car is on fire.
Speak for yourself.

On all my vehicles, I like to put my helmet on, then climb in through the open window like Bo and Luke Duke. Alas, I can't do that with my Camaro..... And it would have been good if I knew about the helmet problem before I welded the doors shut.

Compromises I tell ya!

Last edited by N Camarolina; 03-14-2023 at 07:06 PM.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 07:23 PM   #112
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Speak for yourself.

On all my vehicles, I like to put my helmet on, then climb in through the open window like Bo and Luke Duke. Alas, I can't do that with my Camaro..... And it would have been good if I knew about the helmet problem before I welded the doors shut.

Compromises I tell ya!
You could toss it in through the trunk!