#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-09-2019, 12:32 PM   #99
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Red Dragon View Post
Sales tax is only 3% here. So it's about 52.5 k.
I've sold cars at a dealership in the past, here is the problem.
Its very hard to get lets say 52.5 or 55 on the "street"
When people spend that much money they want to see a dealership backed car.
That's reality. perceived value. I agree you should get 55+ for your car but not in this market.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:24 PM   #100
sv340

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbp8653 View Post
Again, it's not the dealerships 5k it's money coming from the factory to help make a deal. 5K is probably nothing to GM. If we knew how much it actually cost for GM to produce a ZL1 we would probably pass out. ( cheap, not high ) That is info that probably only a few people know and probably a lot of fake news there as well to hide the truth.
My understanding is the dealer only has a fixed amount to spread across their vehicles. It may not be dealership money, but in effect it is, because they have to have money available to close deals numerous deals with and because it is fixed, they are not going to over spend on a ZL1/1LE at the expense of closing other deals. Especially considering how expensive some of these other vehicles are as well (Silverado and Blazer come to immediate mind).
sv340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:39 PM   #101
viurniel
@viurniel

Drives: 19 ZLE A10, 15 2SS, 90 300ZXTT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
I know it sounds crazy but the deals are out there. I got my 18 A10 12k under.
They gave me almost 51k for my trade, I couldn't believe it. I drove across country to grab the car the next day, LOL.
One thing the sales manager said to me was, look, I sell every M6 we get, I only have A10's on the lot, A10's don't sell here only M6's sell. I need your car here to bring people in.

I got a nice discount from the dealer and additional incentives from GM on my ZLE, but I went after mine immediately when they announced the A10 and not sure how that affected the discount, the dealership wasn't even planning on getting an A10 since they had a Manual on the lot - they sold it within a week from my visit and that obviously helped. Also, the incentives from GM vary month by month and the dealers discounts are based on monthly sales, targets, etc.
viurniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:54 PM   #102
trakdayz

Drives: E92 M3 & E36 M3 (Full Race car)
updates? any automatics owners hit the track yet? any heating issues or lag in shifting?
trakdayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #103
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trakdayz View Post
updates? any automatics owners hit the track yet? any heating issues or lag in shifting?
I haven't tracked mine yet. Just did the 500 mile oil change. I can tell you the car is a beast and the changes they made to the transmission are incredible. The performance mode shifting and rev matching are awesome. More to follow...
Old 05-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #104
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trakdayz View Post
Too early. I think I got the first one here and that wasnt even 2 months ago.
I’m sure it will be a track star with no overheating. Track reviews are coming.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:41 PM   #105
viurniel
@viurniel

Drives: 19 ZLE A10, 15 2SS, 90 300ZXTT
I got mine April 13, I'm still at 700 Miles and it doesn't help that I work ~7 miles away from home. In addition, it's love bug season in FL, so getting on the highway for prolonged driving is suicide for the paint.
viurniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:13 AM   #106
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by viurniel View Post
I got mine April 13, I'm still at 700 Miles and it doesn't help that I work ~7 miles away from home. In addition, it's love bug season in FL, so getting on the highway for prolonged driving is suicide for the paint.
Get some PPF on the car. It makes a huge difference. Turtle wax bug and tar remover also works wonders.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:25 PM   #107
trakdayz

Drives: E92 M3 & E36 M3 (Full Race car)
thanks for the update fella's, I feel I should just stop procrastinating.. buy a damn car as far as possible...put some miles on it on the drive home, oil change and start to record data for the community at one of my nearest tracks. I am getting antsy lol
trakdayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:20 AM   #108
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
I made the switch... M7 ZLE to A10 ZLE.

So far I'm only about 2 hours of driving time and about 100 miles.
I can't say anything URBAN LEGEND hasn't already said other than it all sounds pretty spot on with my experience so far.

I did notice that the Touring vs Sport vs Track mode selector seems to make a meaningful difference in the transmission aggressiveness. I'm accustomed to driving in Track mode all the time because I like the throttle feel, but now with the A10 I find that it can get annoying when coming to a slow stop as the transmission downshifts and revs loudly through every gear, especially the 2->1 shift. My solution is to either switch to Touring mode, or put it in manual-shift. Both solutions work just fine, though manual-shift is accessible.

I too could tell immediately that the ZLE A10 is a different beast than the ZL1 A10.

And I could also tell the ZLE A10 has a noticeably softer rear end but it doesn't feel like there was any handling sacrifice. It feels good.
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:48 AM   #109
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post

I can't say anything URBAN LEGEND hasn't already said other than it all sounds pretty spot on with my experience so far.

I did notice that the Touring vs Sport vs Track mode selector seems to make a meaningful difference in the transmission aggressiveness. I'm accustomed to driving in Track mode all the time because I like the throttle feel, but now with the A10 I find that it can get annoying when coming to a slow stop as the transmission downshifts and revs loudly through every gear, especially the 2->1 shift. My solution is to either switch to Touring mode, or put it in manual-shift. Both solutions work just fine, though manual-shift is accessible.

I too could tell immediately that the ZLE A10 is a different beast than the ZL1 A10.

And I could also tell the ZLE A10 has a noticeably softer rear end but it doesn't feel like there was any handling sacrifice. It feels good.

M7 ZLE...you had a unicorn lol
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:12 AM   #110
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post

Congrats. You will enjoy this bad boy!
This car is on point.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:10 AM   #111
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
I had just talked myself out of trading my MT ZLE for an A10 ZLE and you guys revive this dang thread. Let it die so I can save my money...

Angry bits: How much did you get in trade for yours. Yours had been in a fender bender right? I was only offer 52.5k but mine has 8000 miles on it.

/ / Katech TB // RotoFab Dry // Borla 60606 // ATI Super Damper / /
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:24 AM   #112
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Red Dragon View Post
I had just talked myself out of trading my MT ZLE for an A10 ZLE and you guys revive this dang thread. Let it die so I can save my money...

Angry bits: How much did you get in trade for yours. Yours had been in a fender bender right? I was only offer 52.5k but mine has 8000 miles on it.
No matter what anyone says - MT > A10 for driver engagement. The A10 is a torque converter, adds unnecessary weight and is trying hard to be a PDK which it isn't.

So keep your car and save your money. You're welcome!