Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #99
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
So, are you saying the 295 HP rating GM has provided so far is going to be different? Sorry, but if you can't provide specifics then I'm going to assume the only difference is the small HP bump over the ATS/CTS versions. That was the same for the LFX in the prior Gens, just 1 more HP this time.

Remember the Family II Ecotecs. LNF was followed by the LDK. I believe the only difference was calibrations for global markets, yet it got a new designation. Then came the LHU which only added flex fuel capabilities, again a new designation. Time and again we have seen this with GM. So, I'll remain sceptical until I see something official.
Lol. No I can't provide specifics for confidentiality reasons. I am not a spokesperson for GM & nor am I authorized to speak on their behalf.
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

Last edited by LovePhenom; 09-29-2015 at 03:11 PM.
LovePhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #100
2000Firehawk

Drives: 2000Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePhenom View Post
Major components of this engine are different & still being tested.
Maybe my employer didn't change the designation because they are reintroducing a 4 cylinder to the Camaro & the LTG is an award winning engine so why not relate the two.
Without going into detail for obvious reasons, speculate what may be different but trust me, they're different.
WoW , COOL...: drool:
This is way more info, that has been released...
With the current official ordering guide, still showing it as an LTG , it really has to have a different designation, with MAJOR COMPONENT CHANGE...

And since the power rating is about the same as the ATS engine, I still believe that it's getting FORGED PISTONS, for durability...
2000Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:08 PM   #101
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
And some wonder why GM workers are reluctant to post.

The LTG in 2015 form appears to have some differences related to vehicle line it is going into. For example, ZZP has some internal LTG upgrade if it is a Cadillac but states those same upgrades are not for the Buick. I am sure there is a good reason why but what that reason is I have no idea. The point: it is designated as LTG for both.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:21 PM   #102
2000Firehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
And some wonder why GM workers are reluctant to post.

The LTG in 2015 form appears to have some differences related to vehicle line it is going into. For example, ZZP has some internal LTG upgrade if it is a Cadillac but states those same upgrades are not for the Buick. I am sure there is a good reason why but what that reason is I have no idea. The point: it is designated as LTG for both.

Laborsmith
Those changes are related to FWD vs RWD, small stuff, not major component change.

Since both the Camaro & ATS are on the same RWD Alpha chassis,
MAJOR COMPONENT CHANGE means something EXCITING.

As I started this thread, because & couldn't remember why, the 2.0T wouldn't be
available at launch, we now know why...
I'm just 'shaking-the-tree' ,to see what falls out of it....
Trust me, they're different
MAJOR COMPONENT CHANGE

That's all we really needed to know, don't know why they weren't up front about this...

It will still be 275 hp / 295 torque, & was GM tested to run 14.0 in the 1/4 mile.
It will have more durability because of the following link:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/09/...rifting-video/

Moderator, this thread can be closed now...

Last edited by 2000Firehawk; 09-29-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:42 PM   #103
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
I find it interesting that everyone assumes the changes are for the better. With how much less the Camaro is than the ATS and CTS, I would be inclined to think GM changed out the ATS parts with cheaper ones.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #104
2000Firehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
I find it interesting that everyone assumes the changes are for the better. With how much less the Camaro is than the ATS and CTS, I would be inclined to think GM changed out the ATS parts with cheaper ones.
That won't happen...
Old 09-29-2015, 04:43 PM   #105
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Odds are that whatever changes being made are changes needed to adapt it to the Camaro's engine compartment and chassis layout.

Possibly also changes needed to adapt it to rear wheel drive other than it's use in the FWD Malibu that I have?
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:30 PM   #106
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Odds are that whatever changes being made are changes needed to adapt it to the Camaro's engine compartment and chassis layout.

Possibly also changes needed to adapt it to rear wheel drive other than it's use in the FWD Malibu that I have?
It's already in the CTS/ATS which are real wheel drive off the same architecture as the Camaro. No adaptation required.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:33 PM   #107
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000Firehawk View Post
Those changes are related to FWD vs RWD, small stuff, not major component change.

Since both the Camaro & ATS are on the same RWD Alpha chassis,
MAJOR COMPONENT CHANGE means something EXCITING.

As I started this thread, because & couldn't remember why, the 2.0T wouldn't be
available at launch, we now know why...
I'm just 'shaking-the-tree' ,to see what falls out of it....
Trust me, they're different
MAJOR COMPONENT CHANGE

That's all we really needed to know, don't know why they weren't up front about this...

It will still be 275 hp / 295 torque, & was GM tested to run 14.0 in the 1/4 mile.
It will have more durability because of the following link:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/09/...rifting-video/

Moderator, this thread can be closed now...
There is nothing in the link that suggests anything that would improve durability of the engine compared to it's use in the ATS/CTS. Engine durability, which is done on a dyno not in a car, would constitute identical testing. The ability to drift the car would be no different than with the ATS/CTS RWD. It's just drifting doesn't sell Cadillacs as much as Camaros so there is little need to demonstrate it.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:40 PM   #108
2000Firehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
There is nothing in the link that suggests anything that would improve durability of the engine compared to it's use in the ATS/CTS. Engine durability, which is done on a dyno not in a car, would constitute identical testing. The ability to drift the car would be no different than with the ATS/CTS RWD. It's just drifting doesn't sell Cadillacs as much as Camaros so there is little need to demonstrate it.
Just saying that Camaro enthusiasts will be driving them, like they stole them...
Old 09-29-2015, 08:54 PM   #109
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Just saying that Camaro enthusiasts will be driving them, like they stole them...
Oh there is little doubt about that
Old 09-30-2015, 06:39 AM   #110
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Ha! don't associate one of those damn things to a modern gm car. Please!

God, I had a gf with a sc2(I believe). That thing was the biggest POS I've ever seen. Bet even the cheapest Korean cars can't compare.
Actually, the Saturns were the modern version of the (old) Dodge Dart. You just couldn't kill them.

Sure, the interior started falling apart, the headliner falling down, trim separating - but when all you had to do was change the oil and maintain the wear items, they just...kept...going. Still see lots of them out and about. I had one as a beater that I paid $300 for... needed a new radiator and some wear items. Swapped the radiator in my driveway (easy) and new tires/brakepads and it lasted me 3 years... and I sold it with 220k miles for $500. It owed me... nothing.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:37 PM   #111
2000Firehawk

Maybe this is the new 2.0T that we're getting...
http://media.gm.com/media/intl/en/op...astra-tcr.html

With every GM media release about the 2016 Camaro, they are always stating
that it's getting a new 2.0T engine.?.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #112
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Maybe this is the new 2.0T that we're getting...
http://media.gm.com/media/intl/en/op...astra-tcr.html

With every GM media release about the 2016 Camaro, they are always stating
that it's getting a new 2.0T engine.?.
Okay, I really don't think we will see a competition engine in the Camaro.