Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-29-2017, 08:52 PM   #1079
Poppacapp

Drives: 2017 Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
No it won't. And the main problem with all of this is that the arrogance is soo profound that we have to debate that a GT is NOT faster than a ZL1. It isn't even faster than the SS. Tune/tire/exhaust on a SS and it won't come close to a ZL1 either. Dude, there is a 180/230 hp/tq difference between the cars. The ZL1 tested at a 11.4 to the GT's 12.6. That is a 1.2 second difference. A tune and tire and exhaust is not going to overcome that. Especially when these kids sat over here saying that the tire didn't do much and the tune didn't either. They gave the larger amount of credit for that run to the car itself. Now all of a sudden it does a 12.6 in an actual test and we're supposed to believe the tune/tire/exhaust has magical properties and will propel the car 1.2 seconds faster? There is no way in hell that it will beat an A10 ZL1. And I would put my money on the M6 ZL1 beating it too. That is on the same day and same track. I don't care if Randy Pobst, Evans, John Urist, or the Arch Angel Gabriel himself drives the GT. It is not going to beat a stock ZL1 unless it is FBO including a tire and/or boost/nitrous.
Tune/tire/exhaust SSs have been quicker than 11.4. Tune/drag pack 18 GT has gone 11.31@ over 124 already... Full exhaust, tune/drag pack 18GTs will be in the 10s IMO just like the 6gens IMO.

Poppacapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:56 PM   #1080
Poppacapp

Quote:
The GT350R is 2 trim levels above the SS 1LE. And the 1LE still puts up an impressive fight. The GT was the match for the SS. The GT PP was the match for the SS 1LE. And the thing is that the SS was soo good that it had to fight in a higher weight class. None of the Mustang guys had a problem comparing the GT350(R) to the 5th Gen ZL1 and Z28. Why? Because the Shelby outperformed those two cars. But now that it gets it's ass kicked it isn't a fair comparison? LOL. Now we have to compare NA to NA? Weren't you just comparing a modded NA GT to the ZL1? And that was fair because you thought the GT would win. But now we have to be apples to apples with the Shelby because it won't win right? And even if the GT500 does show up, yet again, late to the party Ford. They haven't had an 11 sec car or a car over 600 hp in 4 MYs at this point. Well at least not one that costs less than damn near half a million dollars. By 2019 it'll be 5 MYs and that is IF it comes out for 2019. Nobody is impressed.

Ford is not going to put all of that in a Mustang. If they did then it would be damn near $100K if not over that amount. Even the Ford GT doesn't have AWD and that thing is $400K. And Ford has never put an auto trans in a Shelby...not that I can remember. So they'll have to break tradition which I don't see them doing. The purists would all have heart attacks if the Shelby was a AWD auto trans car like the GTR. They'd all drop dead. It'll be a 5.2 liter supercharged RWD car with M6 or maybe M7 trans. It'll likely have 700 hp, 725 max. It'll have decent handling and some good brakes with a really good tire. I expect it'll do a low to mid 11. I'll be surprised if it does more than that.
I was talking comparison from the factory NA to NA .. Either way the ZL1s competitor historically has been the GT500.

The new 500 may not have AWD, but I am willing to bet it will have the A10. Time will tell.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:06 PM   #1081
Poppacapp

Quote:
I have an idea. Get a 2018 GT. When you do, go get the aforementioned mods that Lund had on his car when he ran the 11.3. After you do that let we'll race. Or get one, do those mods, and then shoot me a video of you at the track. If you think a GT with those mods can keep up then prove it to me. Ok "Pony Car"?
Just curious.. what was the DA when you ran your car at the track? Thats really the only way to compare somewhat times from different days/track is if they were close DA wise. Some tracks are slower than others... Sorry about mentioing the 11.31 AGAIN above.. I am behind on reading the messages and responded to your as I saw it. I'll catch up someday

Old 12-29-2017, 09:41 PM   #1082
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppacapp View Post
Tune/tire/exhaust SSs have been quicker than 11.4. Tune/drag pack 18 GT has gone 11.31@ over 124 already... Full exhaust, tune/drag pack 18GTs will be in the 10s IMO just like the 6gens IMO.
Should be

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qpq0urc1zV8

But not all will be.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:41 PM   #1083
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
I think the 18 GT will also need a converter to see 10's, the mph is there for sure but the 60' and the 1/8 mile times seen so far need improvement.

Not saying it can't happen, just needs that stall to get in the rev range quicker imo.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:53 AM   #1084
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I have my doubts. Kinda like when these shops claim a cai and their tune gained 50 hp on the dyno. It's all advertising to get people to buy a product. I doubt people with that combination on the 18 GT will actually do an 11.3 at 124. Highly doubt it. Maybe high in the mid 11s...like an 11.6 and up to high 11s. But not low 11s.
Quote:
I was talking comparison from the factory NA to NA .. Either way the ZL1s competitor historically has been the GT500.

The new 500 may not have AWD, but I am willing to bet it will have the A10. Time will tell.
We'll see. Ford will have to break tradition so I'm not sure it'll happen.
Quote:
Just curious.. what was the DA when you ran your car at the track? Thats really the only way to compare somewhat times from different days/track is if they were close DA wise. Some tracks are slower than others... Sorry about mentioing the 11.31 AGAIN above.. I am behind on reading the messages and responded to your as I saw it. I'll catch up someday
I have no problem with people bringing up the 11.3. I just don't think it is fair to compare my 11.8 to it. Especially when my run was a no effort run 6 months ago for fun while Lund did a full effort run with the sole intention to get the fastest time out of their car. And like I said, I highly doubt those numbers will be duplicated. Anyway, to answer your question I think the DA was around 650 when I did my run.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:27 AM   #1085
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
. And like I said, I highly doubt those numbers will be duplicated.
Its been bettered, let alone duplicated....for the record

1.67 on stock converter isnt't shabby either.

FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:18 AM   #1086
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I honestly don't know what the hype is, great a hero driver with unknown mods, I guess he is claiming "stock drivertrain and tune" with drag pack, on a prep track under ideal conditions runs .5 to 1 second faster than bone stock off showroom floor. Really, that has been true for 50 years.

All I really need to know is that 99.999% of the people 100% of the time can't do that on stock rubber with 100% OEM equipment including the ecu program. When push comes to shove the broader torque range engine is going to win in the most general terms, read that as Joe Average, on DD rubber, at the average street fight. Note the topic of the original post (stock on stock tires). What does a BONE stock Mustang do, and since we can't depend on "claimed stock", by default that means a magazine test, is the Mustang 18 faster than the 17s? Seems to be, if the exactly the right combination is ordered and in an auto.

Once the conversation starts going to "stock" with drag pack, I, for one think the argument rapidly devolves into how many angels can actually dance on a head of a pin. I know the answer is 36. Since there is no official santioning body that will verify stock but drag pack, either the car is 100% stock other than air in the tires or it ain't. If it ain't well the limit is how much cubic bucks one has to inject. Great if a few proper optioned 18 auto Mustangs are surprisingly fast, give the top list of mods (known and unknown). Joe Average in a "normal" 18 GT ain't any faster and probably slower than a bone stock SS.

Does the 2018 Mustang seem to go faster than a "stock" 2017 with the above conditions, yep would seem so amen. Is there any way to prove that said Mustang is 100% stock? Nope, should I care? Nope. Note: Read my sig file.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:25 AM   #1087
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post

At least the claim is "no converter. My LS1 could do a 13.2 with free mods and stock GSC. With a converter, it could do 12.8 on a prep track under good conditions. In any track side bench racing did I ever mention the car had a converter? Please unless the is an unbias official, with post race inspection and / strip down, any claim to what is stock and what is not is completely meaningless. There are 2018 Mustang GT with a MINIMUM of a drag pack under ideal conditions that can go 11.2, I'm completely fine with that, any other claim is suspect. Even insisting it is true is suspect. Wow am I supposed to be surprised that people bring more to the drag strip than claimed? Did I fall off the apple cart yesterday?
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:46 AM   #1088
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
At least the claim is "no converter. My LS1 could do a 13.2 with free mods and stock GSC. With a converter, it could do 12.8 on a prep track under good conditions. In any track side bench racing did I ever mention the car had a converter? Please unless the is an unbias official, with post race inspection and / strip down, any claim to what is stock and what is not is completely meaningless. There are 2018 Mustang GT with a MINIMUM of a drag pack under ideal conditions that can go 11.2, I'm completely fine with that, any other claim is suspect. Even insisting it is true is suspect. Wow am I supposed to be surprised that people bring more to the drag strip than claimed? Did I fall off the apple cart yesterday?
Does anyone make a converter yet? I cant find one available
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:19 AM   #1089
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
Quote:

It just might get announced at Detroit auto show. January 13-28 2018.

My bet is A10 trans, 5.2 motor, 2.65 TVS and pushing more that 707 CHP. No to AWD.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:08 AM   #1090
Fox9350

Drives: 2014 Kia Sorento
Why are people talking about the 13/14 GT500 going around a track? It was purpose built to go 200 mph and rape the competition at the time in 0-60, quarter mile and hp ...which it did. The ZL1 of that gen was destroyed by that car.

The next GT500 may also target straight line and overall power over the track, vice versa or both, we have to wait and see.
Fox9350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:29 AM   #1091
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Because the car had thousands of dollars in options that made it a capable performer in the hands of madmen at a track.

Was it supposed to set records? No.
Was it heavy and probably better to use a Boss 302? Yes.
Would it have benefitted from a brake fluid swap as the owners manual suggested? Yes.
Did anyone expect it to seriously compete on a track with newer generation vehicles despite a SRA and modest suspension packagae? I would assume not.

People neednto get a grip.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:31 AM   #1092
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post

I wasn't clear with my statement. Sorry, lol! What I meant was that these aren't results that can be duplicated at any track and at all times of the year. Granted some tracks are faster than others. But we aren't going to see these types of results in July, August, etc. And still, one other person doing this hardly counts as it being something that can be duplicated by the masses. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. But I have my doubts.

This run tho. Who is the person doing it? Individual owner? Shop? Tuner? Just curious. Because it seems that all the good runs are either with shops/tuners etc or someone who is noteworthy. I would like to see runs from people who are more like normal Joes like myself and some of the guys here. I feel that anyone can duplicate or beat my run in my ZL1 especially in better weather. But we're not going to see similar results in the GT. The results will vary wildly as they already have. Thanks for posting this BTW. Your thoughts?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote