Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-30-2024, 03:08 PM   #85
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
Very true. But his type would probably call Rush Limbaugh unhinged. Even though he’s arguably the most accomplished and successful talk show host in American radio history no matter which side of the aisle you sit and that cannot be debated at all.
He was a drug addict.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 04:24 PM   #86
Grtpkn

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs & 2023 2ss convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
They never seem to really make this concession.

Some of us would be a lot more accepting of EV's alleged merits if ICE didn't have to compete with both hands tied behind its back. Rightly or wrongly, the force of government makes many of us skeptical, especially when we lose alternatives we're sure will work for us.

Part of being an EV advocate seems to be idealogical, you have to be fully subscribed to the ideas of climate alarmism to dismiss the fact that the for force of law/regulation is a driving force behind EV adoption rates, yet all we hear is how EVs are "winning" based on their merits.

I guess none of us will ever know if EVs would have ever got a foothold in the American martketplace without the goverment. I don't beleive they would have, but we can (and will) disagree.

When the governnment takes things away, it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical, and assume you'll be given an inferior alternative.
Totally agree. A superior product does not need any incentive or government hand outs to sell. Let the consumer choose what's best for them ev , ice or hybrid should be our choice.
Grtpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 04:26 PM   #87
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
You were paid by The Algore. I’m not surprised at your attitude towards me.

Carry on.
Perhaps you don't understand satire. I was showing that no, I was not in fact paid by Al Gore, I was not driving high end cars or living some high end lifestyle, as I was conducting research. I was working towards completing my education requirements. And that's true for pretty much anyone that is seriously engaged in research. It doesn't all turn out important results, but it's just as important to rule out things than it is to discover something new.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 04:26 PM   #88
Grtpkn

Quote:
It Should be fixed this November.

We can only hope...
Old 01-30-2024, 04:28 PM   #89
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS1LE View Post
Correlation and causation are two very different things.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/articl...pi0Bicj23jo%3D
Sure they are, it takes hypothesis and research to determine whether there is also causation attributed to it. And this includes modeling the rate of temperature change with the amount of CO2, as well as comparing it to past changes, none of which show this kind of rate change. Computer models get better all the time as well.

BTW, what would it take to change your mind?

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 04:32 PM   #90
Evergreen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grtpkn View Post
Totally agree. A superior product does not need any incentive or government hand outs to sell. Let the consumer choose what's best for them ev , ice or hybrid should be our choice.
Then why is gasoline subsidized?
Old 01-30-2024, 04:32 PM   #91
Grtpkn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamical View Post
Guess I need to get out of the 70s and get with the current thing. Here I was, waiting for the old, current thing

https://www.bitchute.com/video/ax3hQbGJ6biM/
I remember the ice age coming.. Spock meant it to.
Old 01-30-2024, 04:36 PM   #92
Grtpkn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Then why is gasoline subsidized?
So the government can pay less, the one that uses the the most and will continue to after they force this on us.
Old 01-30-2024, 04:51 PM   #93
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Perhaps you don't understand satire. I was showing that no, I was not in fact paid by Al Gore, I was not driving high end cars or living some high end lifestyle, as I was conducting research. I was working towards completing my education requirements. And that's true for pretty much anyone that is seriously engaged in research. It doesn't all turn out important results, but it's just as important to rule out things than it is to discover something new.
Ok I apologize if I incorrectly took you to be an Algore clone.

But climate change is still a hoax.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 05:30 PM   #94
CamaroSue

Drives: 2019 Corvette GS, 2023 ZL1
Quote:
Ok I apologize if I incorrectly took you to be an Algore clone.

But climate change is still a hoax.

I think The Algore has been replaced by something more sinister! The Gretagore!!!!
Old 01-30-2024, 05:32 PM   #95
Evergreen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grtpkn View Post
So the government can pay less, the one that uses the the most and will continue to after they force this on us.
I'll just assume you aren't aware. The US government pays trillions to US oil companies to make gasoline cheaper for you at the pump. Just like they do with milk and other consumer goods.

So when mentioning subsidies for EV's and charging we should also fairly call out subsidies for gasoline and oil companies, if we're maintaining objectivity.
Old 01-30-2024, 06:49 PM   #96
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
It would be interesting to cut subsidies out of EVERYTHING and see what happens, including food.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 06:50 PM   #97
Grtpkn

Quote:
I'll just assume you aren't aware. The US government pays trillions to US oil companies to make gasoline cheaper for you at the pump. Just like they do with milk and other consumer goods.

So when mentioning subsidies for EV's and charging we should also fairly call out subsidies for gasoline and oil companies, if we're maintaining objectivity.

I am sorry but the goverment only cares about control, see they got you believing they do all that to help. Look at all this we did for you, now do what we say. The subsidies for Evs we're in line with the goverment caused gas crisis to drive up ev adoption. They are all in it for other reasons other then the people. Another thing with those subsidies the auto companies inflated their prices to match the rebate up and until tesla cut prices which caused other issues with ev resale values. The governments of the world are about money and control. plain and simple.

Last edited by Grtpkn; 01-30-2024 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:20 PM   #98
CamaroSue

Drives: 2019 Corvette GS, 2023 ZL1
Quote:

What the hell are you talking about??? The government doesnt have any money of its own!! Where do you think that money comes from - the Tooth Fairy!!!