#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-26-2022, 11:28 PM   #85
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenZLE View Post
Sorry, but a 4 door electric Camaro is just gross!
Agree!
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 05:42 AM   #86
Wynotme

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 3LT V6
I hope there is a Camaro EV. I would buy it. I love my Camaro. I had a Bolt before and the instant torque made it fun to drive as well. A Camaro Ev would be even more fun to drive. Have an all wheel drive option and give it more rear seat room and sales would increase.
Wynotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:22 AM   #87
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
https://www.weforum.org/about/world-economic-forum

If we throw our titles to back up our ideas - technician electrician, bachelor's computer science and masters in electric engineering. I think EV is the future, but gov will make it hard, by forcing it too soon. Batteries will get so much better "soon", electric grid is expanding as we speak.

Either way...

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 07:23 AM   #88
Owl3

Drives: 24 Sliverado 1500 ZR2, 2017 ZL1
All we need is a flux capacitor and a Mr. Fusion
Old 07-27-2022, 07:40 AM   #89
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Looks like I have the last Camaro I'm interested in...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 07:55 AM   #90
Dan82679

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojas View Post

If we throw our titles to back up our ideas - technician electrician, bachelor's computer science and masters in electric engineering. I think EV is the future, but gov will make it hard, by forcing it too soon. Batteries will get so much better "soon", electric grid is expanding as we speak.

Either way...
The World Economic Forum is the deep state global government.Of course they are going to say that. (Klaus Schwab,Soros, Clinton's, Rothschild's, Rockefeller's) will be flying around in there private Jets while we are at there mercy with EV's.Please read Klaus Schwab's book The New World Order and The Great Reset.

Last edited by Dan82679; 07-27-2022 at 08:22 AM.
Dan82679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:31 AM   #91
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news...ow-to-prepare/

The grid is not prepared for widespread EV use. Power companies are expanding use of coal and natural gas right now to keep the grid stable to keep up with the summer temps.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:00 AM   #92
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
I assume you're right on all those points and I respect your credentials as a master Electrician. But I'm not sure what you mean by "EV is not the future".

Do you mean that the plan to transition to EV will fail in terms of market adoption, or that when the major mfrs like GM make this transition, the infrastructure will collapse and leaving us with an economic and environmental disaster?

Are you factoring in how the infrastructure itself is also changing and capable of more change, and at a different rate of change, like the electric vehicles that are being designed and built? Or do you believe that parallel transition of vehicle and infrastructure technology is impossible?

It seems clear that the significant R&D and engineering investment by all major global mfs is going into electric. Even after the recent decline, Tesla market cap is greater than or equal to all the other major mfrs combined--and they're all investing mostly in electric.

I'm a die hard ZLE owner and our other 2 cars are ICE (Acura and Lexus), but every time I drive a Tesla I'm amazed by the acceleration, smooth handling and technology throughout. Next car will be a Tesla, keeping the ZLE. There will always be a significant need for ICE/Hybrid vehicles, I would never go exploring, camping, hunting, etc in a remote region like the mountains or jungle without an ICE engine and extra containers of fuel.
We've owned 3 Tesla's now, our current one is a Model X Plaid. They are amazing vehicles to drive, especially for a daily driver. We haven't traveled more than 200 miles in ours in one sitting so I can't speak for how well they work for traveling although I have a coworker that takes his all over the country and seems to enjoy it.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:19 AM   #93
passwords

Drives: 2019 ZLE, 2019 GT350R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan82679 View Post
The World Economic Forum is the deep state global government.Of course they are going to say that. (Klaus Schwab,Soros, Clinton's, Rothschild's, Rockefeller's) will be flying around in there private Jets while we are at there mercy with EV's.Please read Klaus Schwab's book The New World Order and The Great Reset.
:popcorn
Attached Images

passwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:22 AM   #94
Dan82679

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
We've owned 3 Tesla's now, our current one is a Model X Plaid. They are amazing vehicles to drive, especially for a daily driver. We haven't traveled more than 200 miles in ours in one sitting so I can't speak for how well they work for traveling although I have a coworker that takes his all over the country and seems to enjoy it.
I'm glad your enjoying your Tesla. We're talking about EV Mass adoption. For sure Tesla's are nice comfortable and fast in it's current novelty phase.
Dan82679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:33 AM   #95
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojas View Post

Either way...
I agree with your outlook for batteries and grid improvement. I mean let’s just think about it. If WE can see that the grid as it stands today is not sufficient to support EV growth can we assume that the operators of the grid might also see this? And that maybe, just maybe they might be actively working on improvements? Trust me, they are.

Since we’re sorta also talking credentials… I spent my last 20 years at GM in various areas of Product Portfolio Planning where we looked 5-10 years forward and planned what product was going to be offered. So the stuff I was involved in when I retired five years ago is starting to land in the marketplace now. Since I left, GM has dropped all hybrids (except Corvette) from the planned portfolio and really picked up the pace on EV launches.

Now I am an automotive consultant and analyst for one of the biggest data companies in the world and the questions we are asked to study most often deal with addition of EV infrastructure and charging. So yes, improvements are being made at a rapid pace with indications that the pace may even pick up in the next few years. I base that on the frequency that we are being asked and who’s asking.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:35 AM   #96
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
That’s gonna have to be a hard pass.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:20 AM   #97
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
I'm glad your enjoying your Tesla. We're talking about EV Mass adoption. For sure Tesla's are nice comfortable and fast in it's current novelty phase.
Tesla has led the way for mass adoption. Everyone else is just playing catch up now.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:29 AM   #98
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Not a Ford fan at all. But the Mach E is kind of neat. I know the EV Blazer RS and SS versions are coming out but why not bring an old Camaro or current designator when they end production of Camaro's and make it really badass.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote