Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #85
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
I love Camaro, and I live on the side of a mountain in Colorado.

I would choose an AWD version.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:02 PM   #86
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
An AWD Camaro would be sacrilege but a Camaro with a 4 banger isn't? I would think AWD would help bring in new buyers. And I don't think your average buyer cares about the added weight. I wouldn't mind an AWD V6 as a second car. I voted yes on that totally unofficial poll. Sorry OP.

As for the guy who said he would drive a FWD Camaro, I vote he be cast off the camaro5/6 island.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:04 PM   #87
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Agreed.

The obvious choice is LT4 640+hp.

GTR killer....
We shall see...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:49 PM   #88
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
It would be a yes for me too. Hell, they discontinued the Camaro all together at one point. And will again if it does not change at some point. Along with all other rear wheel drive fossil fuel cars.

Few mods and you're competing with a GTR in no time.

A 4 banger was sacrilege too.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:12 PM   #89
BigRedViking

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 5.7L 2016 1SS M6 NGM
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRedViking
The first Camaro was a 6 cylinder, same for the Corvette.
BigRedViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:12 PM   #90
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
What kind of performance gains and at what cost to the entire Camaro line,not just the AWD version?

How would the beefed up from sub-frame affect the non AWD version?

We have Corvettes and Camaros that can take down sports car (or performance cars if you like) that cost two or three times as much, no need to complicate that with AWD.
The alpha architecture is already set up for AWD. It's simply a matter of turning it on in Camaro.

I'll even bet the floor pan on the Camaro is robbing Camaro drivers because up it too is set up for AWD.

But there is performance and there is simply enabling the car to be awesome 12 months out of the year. At the expense of 100 pounds or so.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:34 PM   #91
atlcamaro1

Drives: mercedes s class
Welp, this thread didnt go as planned........lmao
atlcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:34 PM   #92
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
I would like to point out that 2016 will not be the first year for the 4cyl Camaro. As far as I remember 3rd gen cars were offered with a 4cyl and those were a disgrace that didn't have a turbo helping them. They were so slow they couldn't get out of its own way. This new 4cyl Camaro could end up being just as fast or faster than the old 6cyl.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:21 PM   #93

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Camaro is NOT a muscle car and Camaro is NOT a sports car.
...It's closer to the above than anything, but not an AWD snowmobile, for sure....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:06 AM   #94
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Camaro is NOT a muscle car and Camaro is NOT a sports car.

It is a, however, a performance car. And if AWD improves that performance it should be considered.

GM itself will use sports and muscle when referring to the Camaro. That's just a ploy to make the connection for sales and marketing. But the truth is GM has a true sports car in the Corvette but as the have very few RWD cars to over power with a high HP V8 (that is a muscle car) they can only hope you think the Camaro is both a spirts car and a muscle car.
Im getting tired of you and your "its not a muscle car"... Muscle cars are pretty much most RWD cars with atleast 2+2 american cars with a large displacement engine, there are different sub categories about Muscle cars, Pony cars being one of them, there are only 3 pony cars you can buy as a 2015-16 model: The mustang, The Challenger and The camaro.

The American Muscle car is divided i many sub categories, for example: The GTO , The Challenger or he Falcon where considered medium-size Muscle cars-

The Charger and the 300 as a Full-Size muscle cars.

El Camino and El ranchero are Muscle trucks

and the mustang The Challenger and camaro as pony cars for its low price, smaller size (Related to other Muscle cars) and defined proportions.

Modern Muscle cars become large in size and the camaro the mustang and the challenger are now in that category because unlike the 50`s, 60`s and 70`s there are only only 5 cars carrying-on the long heritage from american performance golden age.... so stop being so annoying and picky.

Most people call the camaro a muscle car, if Chevrolet itself does and so do Dodge, who in the Louis Chevrolet`s name are you to say its NOT!! Im done with this....
Old 05-25-2015, 06:54 AM   #95
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
Im getting tired of you and your "its not a muscle car"... Muscle cars are pretty much most RWD cars with atleast 2+2 american cars with a large displacement engine, there are different sub categories about Muscle cars, Pony cars being one of them, there are only 3 pony cars you can buy as a 2015-16 model: The mustang, The Challenger and The camaro.

The American Muscle car is divided i many sub categories, for example: The GTO , The Challenger or he Falcon where considered medium-size Muscle cars-

The Charger and the 300 as a Full-Size muscle cars.

El Camino and El ranchero are Muscle trucks

and the mustang The Challenger and camaro as pony cars for its low price, smaller size (Related to other Muscle cars) and defined proportions.

Modern Muscle cars become large in size and the camaro the mustang and the challenger are now in that category because unlike the 50`s, 60`s and 70`s there are only only 5 cars carrying-on the long heritage from american performance golden age.... so stop being so annoying and picky.

Most people call the camaro a muscle car, if Chevrolet itself does and so do Dodge, who in the Louis Chevrolet`s name are you to say its NOT!! Im done with this....
Sorry you are "tired of me". Sadly not my objective.

Again CLASSIC definition of a muscle car is a car, generally mid size, that was designed, engineered and built with no true high performance intentions. Then drop in a big high HP V8 and you have a muscle car. No real braking or handling improvements for the track but kings of Woodward. The best example, and my favorite muscle car, is the Chevelle.

The CLASSIC definition of a Sports car pretty much requires 2 seats.

Put the Camaro has always been designed to have handling and braking as well as power.

I know a lot of people want it to be a Muscle Car. But I don't "get tire of them".

When you call the Camaro a Muscle Car you very much limiting what the car is.

But if you think anything with a V8 is a muscle car good for you. I just think the Camaro has always been much more.

And AWD might impact your definition of a muscle car but if you will at least admit that the Camaro is so much more then you can accept that 1) if done right it can enhance performance and that is good for Camaro and 2) bring buyers into the market that ignore Camaro because it is hard to drive in the Northern climates especially in L4 and V6 models (which is where I am actually supporting it) plus 3) give GM a competitive advantage over Ford in this segment.

If you can check the boxes and make your muscle car why would you care if a V6 buyer can get a sporty, great lookin, great handling car that works better than a FWD alternative?

I agree that in an SS it's a more emotional discussion.

And for me, I would very much consider AWD. This past winter I simply put all season tires on the big sedan and no problems at all. As pointed out earlier by several a good tire choice can get a RWD car through most snow.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:24 AM   #96
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:

Again CLASSIC definition of a muscle car is a car, generally mid size, that was designed, engineered and built with no true high performance intentions. Then drop in a big high HP V8 and you have a muscle car. No real braking or handling improvements for the track but kings of Woodward. The best example, and my favorite muscle car, is the Chevelle.

Put the Camaro has always been designed to have handling and braking as well as power.

I know a lot of people want it to be a Muscle Car. But I don't "get tire of them".

But if you think anything with a V8 is a muscle car good for you. I just think the Camaro has always been much more.

And AWD might impact your definition of a muscle car but if you will at least admit that the Camaro is so much more then you can accept that 1) if done right it can enhance performance and that is good for Camaro and 2) bring buyers into the market that ignore Camaro because it is hard to drive in the Northern climates especially in L4 and V6 models (which is where I am actually supporting it) plus 3) give GM a competitive advantage over Ford in this segment.

If you can check the boxes and make your muscle car why would you care if a V6 buyer can get a sporty, great lookin, great handling car that works better than a FWD alternative?

And for me, I would very much consider AWD. This past winter I simply put all season tires on the big sedan and no problems at all. As pointed out earlier by several a good tire choice can get a RWD car through most snow.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #97
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
If done right it might be bad-a$$ on the dragstrip!! Audi does wonders with AWD. Look at the Nissan GT-R

Last edited by sonnydurden; 05-25-2015 at 08:54 AM.
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:55 AM   #98
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:

ewww... the camaro its not just a muscle car, because muscle car is very open and general "category" jst like sport car and BTW just because you setup in your mind the wrong and retrograde definition of "muscle car cant perform" doesn't mean you are right, some Muscle car experts say the Pony cars are part of muscle cars, other say it doesn't, so no one has the Final word just like no one can define the limit between a sport car and a supercar... But Every single comment when someone mention the camaro as a muscle car you have to correct that person and impost you PERSONAL opinion like you are some kind of Authority... I don't care what you think..every person has the right to believe what they want but but to think others are wrong just because they don't share a personal opinion its so egotistical and wrong... (aka: Copernicus Syndrome)

and this ADW is just a rumor with people like AI Op on charge I doubt we will see an AWD, but it may happen but not like a fully AWD, instead, more like the Ferrari FF where the rear tires are predominating (of course not as advance as the Ferrari FF)