Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #85
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRChevy View Post
People come on here and are pro challenger ???

If you love your Challenger so much (like ViperTomcat) why dont you go to a challenger forum ?

Do they still even make Challengers ? You don't see em' cuz there overpriced hogs that no one wants.
Real question is, how big of a bowtie emblem did it take to cover the SRT logo you had inked into your skin? I remember you, FAIL personified...
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #86
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRChevy View Post
challengers are the worst. everyone knows that

look on their forum ctalk ... "Engine Stalling" thread has hundreds of people with the same problem if not 1000+ ...

there crap cars chrysler has the worst service there just a charger with a new shell. I won a lemon law on my srt8 now im stuck with a tattoo of a car that cut off going 70 on the i95
LOLOLOL MIAMISRT LOLOLLOL CARRY ON!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #87
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Hungering for a Camaro more than ever

Preface this by saying I have the underpowered 2010 3.5 V6 Challenger SE.

I really, really wanted a v6 Camaro. After renting one, loved everything about it, except the ride was a little stiff and seats not very supportive for my bad back. So this February, I opted for a Challenger SE which has much more supportive seats and slightly better ride (not as comfortable as I had hoped, however) It is my daily driver. (The price was also much less than a 1LT RS Camaro)

6 months with the car, and wish I had gotten the Camaro instead. Nothing against the Challenger, but I really prefer the more "edgy" and exciting look and feel of the Camaro. (especially a RS trim 1LT, in ABM-Can't believe GM discontinued that awesome color) The rental Camaro was much more lively and cornered better, and when you sit in one, it feels like something very special and sporty, vs. my Challenger which feels like just another car. A Hemi would probably change my perspective quite a bit, but right now my goal is to get into a Camaro, and get another second-hand sedan as a more comfortable daily driver. I also like that whenever I need service, there are more Chevy dealers in my area, with extended service hours, that Chrysler dealers don't seem to offer.

Both cars Rock vs. 99% of the average cars we see on the road everyday.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #88
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Manhattan View Post
Hey guys,

Somewhat bias posting here, I am also however posting in a Challenger forum as well. I am stuck between what car to get between the two of them. I am looking at a 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T, or the 2010 Camaro SS1. I have been to a few different Camaro forums but settled on this one as most of the stuff I have read here has been spot on.

I have however read about A LOT of problems with the Camaro. Tranny issues, engine issues, frame issues and so fourth. On the Dodge side of things, a lot of this seems very mundane. Can anyone here touch base on the technical side of things for the Camaro, and how reliable is this machine looking for the future ?.
If you want reliability, then I think you need to shop for a Corolla ^_^.

If you want an exciting ride, then get the Camaro. A friend of mine brought out his stock SRT8 Challenger to an auto-x event and it's a total boat. It looked good on the course, but compared to my SS in stock trim, it fealt extremely boaty inside the cabin. Also, the Challenger has a very weak stock exhaust note. I drove it and it definitely did not have the low end torque that the SS exhibits.

Good Luck.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM

Last edited by Avalnch; 08-08-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:30 AM   #89
ref10603

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
i almost bought a challenger. theyre badass cars. i hate this mentality some people have on here where they bash ford and dodge and everyone else. you will have fun in both cars and thoroughly enjoy both cars. mustangs, camaros, challengers, vettes, hell even the new chargers are pretty sweet. if i were you i would go drive both. then go home and pick. and as a final note...EVERY CAR WILL HAVE PROBLEMS!
ref10603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #90
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
If you want reliability, then I think you need to shop for a Corolla ^_^.

If you want an exciting ride, then get the Camaro. A friend of mine brought out his stock SRT8 Challenger to an auto-x event and it's a total boat. It looked good on the course, but compared to my SS in stock trim, it fealt extremely boaty inside the cabin. Also, the Challenger has a very weak stock exhaust note. I drove it and it definitely did not have the low end torque that the SS exhibits.

Good Luck.
the challenger is too big for auto-x. i run my honda all the time at the local event and couldnt imagine trying to wrestle my challenger around the course! the SRT would be ok on a road course but a tight autox course is a different story. have never seen anyone try a challenger or even a camaro out my way. i've only seen some modded f-bodied camaros and firebirds run. there are a few mustangs that go and a few gto's that do ok, but even those are a on the bigger side for the courses i attend. the one week some dude brought his '69 nova out to run! (i think it was a 69) and that thing was fun to watch fishtail and burn tire all around the pylons! always curious to how a new camaro would do.

how does your SS do in autox?
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #91
Mark1SS

Drives: 2012 1SS Delivered!
All the new muscle cars rule! I had a 06 Mustang GT, 08 Charger Daytona, & now ordering a 12 1SS Camaro. After driving all 3, I can tell that the SS is way more solid feeling than the other 2 but there are fun factors in all.
Mark1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #92
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ref10603 View Post
i almost bought a challenger. theyre badass cars. i hate this mentality some people have on here where they bash ford and dodge and everyone else. you will have fun in both cars and thoroughly enjoy both cars. mustangs, camaros, challengers, vettes, hell even the new chargers are pretty sweet. if i were you i would go drive both. then go home and pick. and as a final note...EVERY CAR WILL HAVE PROBLEMS!
a ton of narrow-minded fanboys here. I appreciate people that own other brands and are posting in this forum because they are car guys as I am. The funny thing is, Fan boys are usually those who walk around in car shows and see a Camaro or Mustang or Challenger (cars they bash on forums like this) and mutter "I wish I have that car."
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #93
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
the more i listen to challenger owners, the more they sound like insane 5.0 owners.

take a 2011GT owner(crazy) and multply by infinity.

now the 392 has 525hp. they run 11.99 in the 1/4 mile bone stock, and the calculations are rising. soon it will have 600hp. its just nuts.

the imaginary dyno session have them rising all the time in spite of 415 being the average.-right at the rating of 470hp.

they are stretching stock to mean: CAI, catback and drag radials/bogarts. the fastest so far is 12.01 with et streets, cai, exhaust, and bogarts all around. or about the same as a SS and GT.
2011GT E85, Kooks 1-7/8", 3" offroad X, 2-7/8" overaxles, Roush mufflers, CobraJet intake, SCJ monoblade throttle body, drew 4.5" CAI, Boss302S exhaust valve springs, Baby CobraJet exhaust cams. 3.73 gears, lightweight 300A. 455rwhp @7800/410rwtq SAE 5000lb roller dynojet
assasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #94
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasinator View Post
the more i listen to challenger owners, the more they sound like insane 5.0 owners.

take a 2011GT owner(crazy) and multply by infinity.

now the 392 has 525hp. they run 11.99 in the 1/4 mile bone stock, and the calculations are rising. soon it will have 600hp. its just nuts.

the imaginary dyno session have them rising all the time in spite of 415 being the average.-right at the rating of 470hp.

they are stretching stock to mean: CAI, catback and drag radials/bogarts. the fastest so far is 12.01 with et streets, cai, exhaust, and bogarts all around. or about the same as a SS and GT.
The difference is that the 2011 GT owners are backing up their claims with video proof and they will admit when they are slightly modded. Spend too much time on Challengertalk and common sense and conventional wisdom are foreign concepts. Geez, I just don't understand why my 4100 lb car needs 600hp to run a decent qtr mile time
Old 08-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #95
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
You have insane brand loyal fanatics on every forum. who in this thread is the "insane" challenger owner? Did I miss something?
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #96
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf6866 View Post
You have insane brand loyal fanatics on every forum. who in this thread is the "insane" challenger owner? Did I miss something?
That would be the one formerly known as MiamiSRT. Hard to miss him, he rocks an SRT tattoo and drives a Camaro SS.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #97
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I traded in my 09 Track Pack R/T for my 11 SS.

The Challenger was extremely comfortable for daily use, had a stereo that blows away my Camaro's and had more storage all around.

The Camaro is sportier in every regard, and makes me smile.

Old:

New:

No regrets. I would definitely recommend a Challenger as a muscle"y" comfortable daily driver. I had no mechanical issues for 25,000 miles.
BriteCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #98
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Dorchen View Post
And he got a tattoo of a car he filed a Lemon Law complaint on. Genius.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote