Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-01-2021, 09:19 PM   #85
CTS

Drives: 2021 Sierra Denali 6.2L/10sp CC 4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
I'm aware of the pandemic ,but I'm also aware there is no shortage of pickups or suvs, in fact GM is offering 0% for 72 months on them. So I guess they're kinda choosing where the shortage will be. I believe ford did the same with the mustang.
Quote:
June 7, 2021
Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac Dealers:
As promised, we want to continue to keep you in the loop regarding the global, industry-wide shortage of semiconductors. Today, due to this shortage, we are announcing a new change to select full-size SUV and light duty full-size pickup truck powertrains. The Automatic Stop/Start feature will no longer be available on certain 2021 model year:
• Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban
• GMC Yukon and Yukon XL
• Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV
• Chevrolet Silverado 1500
• GMC Sierra 1500

This affects only vehicles equipped with 5.3L (L84) and 6.2L (L87) V8 engines mated to 10-speed transmissions (MQB/MQC) starting with vehicles produced on or after June 7, 2021. By taking this measure, it will enable continued production and delivery of inventory to help respond to the strong customer and dealer demand for our full-size SUV and pick-ups as the industry continues to rebound and strengthen.

For orders with a scheduled production date on or after June 7, 2021, GM will build most full-size SUV and full-size pickup trucks equipped with a V8 engine and 10-speed automatic transmission with the added RPO code NSS- Not Equipped with Automatic Stop/Start (refer to the updated Order Guide and table below for trim details). This RPO code will be reflected on the Dealer Invoice along with an associated $50 MSRP credit. The Monroney label will include this credit and indicate that the vehicle was built without Automatic Stop/Start. These vehicles will also receive revised EPA certified fuel economy estimates. Please note that any vehicle that has NSS is not equipped with Automatic Stop/Start technology, even if the vehicle also includes the KL9 RPO code (which was retained based on other components that remain on the vehicle). Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac are updating all consumer and dealer facing materials as appropriate.

Any sold orders of these affected vehicles which have not been entered in the Production Order Management and Scheduling system by June 8, 2021, will be built without Automatic Stop/Start. The dealer has the responsibility to and must advise affected sold order customers immediately. In addition, dealers are strongly urged to counsel directly with all customers who purchase affected vehicles to ensure each customer understands its vehicle content and efficiency. This change to the availability of Automatic Stop/Start is currently expected to remain in place for the remainder of the 2021MY. A listing of affected trims is listed below and is subject to change by General Motors:
Priory for chips is based on volume - Silverado & Sierra - - are the highest - Nationwide. For every Camaro they sell a 1,000+ trucks and SUV's, not hard to realize where they make their profits.

Last edited by CTS; 07-01-2021 at 09:32 PM.
CTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 11:42 PM   #86
MichaelG

Drives: 2LT
What strikes me more as a financial hit is only getting 16,000 miles when you paid for 36,000.

Ouch!
01/26/21 - Delivered
MichaelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #87
Envious_Ivy1LE

Drives: Krypton Green V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
What strikes me more as a financial hit is only getting 16,000 miles when you paid for 36,000.

Ouch!
would have been a benefit had he bought out the lease and sold the car himself. he actually still could have gotten some money back since the dealer knew they were buying the lease return instead of grounding it. he could have negotiated getting the difference of trade in value - lease buy out. although it doesn't sound like that's what happened
Envious_Ivy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 05:52 PM   #88
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Do we know if he ever got the car? My laziness is overwhelming and I do not feel like reading the missed posts.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:30 PM   #89
Envious_Ivy1LE

Drives: Krypton Green V6 1LE
nope we don't know.. he's still at 6 posts lol no updates
Envious_Ivy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote