Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-26-2017, 11:38 AM   #911
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I missed that. Must of been on another news channel. Yea, you figure....90-100mph and they hit each other. You gonna slide a good while until some other object will make you stop. And I bet you they were going faster than 90 mph too.
Looking at the damage I'd have to think they were going much faster than 90 also.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 01:15 PM   #912
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppacapp View Post
It was an arbitrary number I threw out there. Many Mustang/Camaro owners mod their cars. Of course there are different levels to the mods.

Lebanon actually now contracts with LPF to build cars for them, but I was speak of before this and not Lebanon. LPF is their own company. The 9second Mustang I spoke of wasn't a shop car... it was a customer car. There are alot of videos of their customer cars running at tracks, grudge racing, roll racing etc. They have a decent twin kit for the S550s that has been in circulation since 2015.

I think we will see many Flex fuel tune, drag pack, exhaust, etc 18 Mustangs out there IMO. Basic boltons will allow them to run low 11s, and possible some may get into the 10s, similar to 6gens/C7s.
Stop it. So, basically, you are saying a fuel/tune/exhaust/ and most likely a tire will run down the Zl1? Bwahahahahahahahaha. Jeezus Christ. Can we stop it with this madness already. Here we have another one. You must of not of seen the dyno numbers that are being put out right now on E85/intake/tune. They are 120 hp under the baseline of a stock Zl1. You gonna need a whole lot more dude. A fuel tune and intake and exhaust will NEVER hit 10's. I repeat.............NEVER. NEVER. NEVER.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:20 PM   #913
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
There seems to be alot of arguing and emphasis over what these cars do stock. Honestly.... Who cares?

Bottom line is this:

Take both cars.. 6gen, and GT. What can you do to each to make it the fastest? Ok, so do it.

And the verdict:

Mustang wins. It has been winning since the introduction of the 6gen and still is.
Really the bottom line is this: On the street in pure street trim it is the auto that is faster period, does not matter if it is in a Hellcat or a 2018 GT Mustang with whatever excuse they need as a "performance package".

Second bottom line, with bolt-ons and street tires all these cars including the ZL-1 are drivers races and the auto still holds. Me I picked the 6 speed because it was fun. who cares about some mythical "who's faster". I've beaten every car I've got into a fight with which is exactly one in the last two years. The rest is just bench racing and watercooler talk.

For the Verdict, please body in white, the verdict is a towed in race car that "looks" like a Mustang or Camaro, winner is the guy with the most cubic dollars. Proves little for the 99.99% of the people that buy a Mustang or Camaro.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 01:31 PM   #914
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Well, my point was how simple it is to get the S550s to run amazing times with boost(No, not the improper 11second ones). The LT1 is an amazing NA platform(I know personally with my GS).. H/C setup on this motor and it kicks NA ass.

The example I had in mind when I mentioned the twin kit with fuel and converter Mustang wise was a company LPF.. makes a twin kit for the S550s .
I've seen so little actually working and drivable twin turbo anything in my life, and even less at the tracks or autoX. So the word "easy" probably should not come in the same sentence as twin turbo. The reality is greater than the friction. Sure I love turbo, love twin turbo even more. I'm just pointing out that for DD crowded it is more myth than reality. Sure I expect you and others to post about how turn key 100% reliable etc a TT setup is. Not in my experience or world, glad it maybe in yours. Point being as soon as you bring up TT in a STOCK NA debate.... your cause is lost.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #915
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Stop it. So, basically, you are saying a fuel/tune/exhaust/ and most likely a tire will run down the Zl1? Bwahahahahahahahaha. Jeezus Christ. Can we stop it with this madness already. Here we have another one. You must of not of seen the dyno numbers that are being put out right now on E85/intake/tune. They are 120 hp under the baseline of a stock Zl1. You gonna need a whole lot more dude. A fuel tune and intake and exhaust will NEVER hit 10's. I repeat.............NEVER. NEVER. NEVER.
I'll remind you that you posted this when it happens.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:10 PM   #916
jmackisback

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
That is laughable.

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
jmackisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:15 PM   #917
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
i think a couple of 18's have gone 11.20's-.30's at 124 and change with a E85 tune, drag pack and maybe the seats pulled. That puts them in the mix with stock ZL1's. They arent going to run a ZL1 down from a roll , but at the track it would be a good race.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:28 PM   #918
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
No, really! Honest! He rilly rilly means it this time!!

...and with boost and a tune and an intake and headers, and heads, and a driver, and a prepped track, and deweighted, and fuel, and mineshaft air, and tailwind, and a full moon on a Tuesday, and... , and.... and....

THEN it’ll be a race. REALLY !!!

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:47 PM   #919
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
i think a couple of 18's have gone 11.20's-.30's at 124 and change with a E85 tune, drag pack and maybe the seats pulled. That puts them in the mix with stock ZL1's. They arent going to run a ZL1 down from a roll , but at the track it would be a good race.
LMAO!!!

So they went from being unable to hit 11's in the hands of several tuners with DRs.....to Evan getting it to go 11.8 bone stock....

And now a few have got 11.20 with a drag pak and E85 tune....

Where the hell do you get these drugs???
Old 12-26-2017, 02:50 PM   #920
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
When what happens? When some miracle unicorn Mustang manages to run almost 2 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile on stock everything but tune/intake?

Just please stop.... it ain't happening...

Get your PP1, throw in drag mode, the drag pak with better tires, tune, intake, some items out of the car, and then, MAYBE, you hit 10.9....
Old 12-26-2017, 03:10 PM   #921
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
When what happens? When some miracle unicorn Mustang manages to run almost 2 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile on stock everything but tune/intake?

Just please stop.... it ain't happening...

Get your PP1, throw in drag mode, the drag pak with better tires, tune, intake, some items out of the car, and then, MAYBE, you hit 10.9....
I was saying an E85/Intake/Tune/Exhaust (which is LT's and either highflow or catless mids plus catback, fyi), wheels and tires has the potential to hit a 10.8X/10.9X in good air.

An E85/Tune/Tire car (Lunds) has already hit an 11.3 I think..it's not at all unthinkable that adding in a full exhaust in good air (I don't mean mineshaft -1,000 foot DA, I mean 500 foot) could see high 10's with a good driver.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 03:13 PM   #922
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
And that's fine and dandy, I'm cool with that. But again, going from that to 10's? These Mustang Fanboys just have to fkn stop it with this bull shit. I mean for real.

As mentioned a month ago when the first Lund run came out. EVERYONE. Well, at least the fanboys said a fuel/tune/tire combo will destroy a Zl1. Which basically means it would have to run a high 10 in the 1/4 to destroy a Zl1.

Eh, wtf. I'm out of breath dealing with these idiots. haha
Old 12-26-2017, 03:16 PM   #923
kttxz06

Quote:
I was saying an E85/Intake/Tune/Exhaust (which is LT's and either highflow or catless mids plus catback, fyi), wheels and tires has the potential to hit a 10.8X/10.9X in good air.

An E85/Tune/Tire car (Lunds) has already hit an 11.3 I think..it's not at all unthinkable that adding in a full exhaust in good air (I don't mean mineshaft -1,000 foot DA, I mean 500 foot) could see high 10's with a good driver.
Um, Lund first gets the driver mod benefit. Then the prepped track benefit. Then the perfect air benefit. That same car, during peak summer will run a mid 11 at best.

Look, I'll even get you fanboys this.

E85/tune/intake/headers/exhaust and tire. Still won't hit 10's. Maybe a fkn hero run of 10.9 somewhere on planet Zarkon.

Find me a '18 Mustang GT with those mods and I have a Zl1 willing and waiting for it.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:27 PM   #924
Gunmetalmissle

Drives: 16 ngm ss
The Car and driver instrumented test numbers are up for the 18 GT. 12.6 @115. The comparo must be coming soon.

“The extra power isn’t glaringly obvious, but it gives the GT barstool bragging rights over the 455-hp Camaro SS. Just know that if the argument spills into the streets, the Chevy is still quicker.”
Gunmetalmissle is offline   Reply With Quote