Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 02-02-2019, 10:54 PM   #855
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Bye Felicia...

I leave for Punta Cana on Friday!! Can't wait!! My first vacation this year and I plan to take 6 of them at least. I'll send you a postcard.
Wait You come to RD? Nice, sadly You won't come with the ZL1 or the Hellcat
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:12 AM   #856
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I wouldn't say bullet proof. Mine exploded at the 1200 hp mark. haha. Just sux there are no aftermarket parts yet for the A10 to build it up. At least I personally know where it's breaking point is. Once I get it back...........(I was supposed to have it back last week) I'm going to dial it down to 1000 hp street tune.
I think we all will agree that yours doesn't count...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
Wait You come to RD? Nice, sadly You won't come with the ZL1 or the Hellcat
LOL!! Yea I love DR. I stayed at Sunscape last June but they changed the name to "Impressive" for some reason or another. This year I'm staying at Bahia!! If I do any of the excursions or hit any of the clubs or bars in town then I'll let you know.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:44 AM   #857
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Ok back to business now that the Camaro6 CJ is over. When will we see the 1st 500s hit the street?
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:54 AM   #858
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Ok back to business now that the Camaro6 CJ is over. When will we see the 1st 500s hit the street?
I would bet end of Oct, beginning of November.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:53 AM   #859
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Hmm it's February now...so I'd say we'll see at least 5 more trolls wander over here from M6G before it is available. But it seems like Ford has a lot more tweaking of that car to do so it might be a while. September at the soonest but probably around October. The first people to buy them will be well off with no intentions of taking it to the track. So it might be a few months before you see any at the track.

And again, slower than the RE, slower than the ZLE, close enough to both. It won't be the best at anything but it'll be better than each of the other two at one thing. It's gonna cost more and have less options. And I say it'll be not as comfortable as the RE but maybe have more visibility than the ZLE. Considering the magnitude of all this I would not be surprised if any magazines give it subjective wins. They'll have statements like "Oh there's just something to owning and driving one of these Shelbys. We can't place our finger on it and we don't quite know what it is or understand it ourselves. But just something about this car screams apple pie, warm Summers playing baseball, and eagles flying over our heads. And that is why we have to give it the win over every car that is faster and less expensive"...and the M6G threads will empty, we'll get a surge of new members, and the admins here will have to spend weeks clearing house of every person that comes over to brag about a car that none of them can afford.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:31 AM   #860
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I think the subjective would be some partially true yarn about shifting is a pain, and that most people, even amateur level road race drivers will be faster around the track with the "auto". DCT = best auto ever. Then for grins they will have two Ford Mustangs, the highest option PP that can be had with either manual or auto, and three high heel staffers drive them around the road race... comments to follow. QED the auto is better, let the sales begin.

The talk around the watercooler, where the decisions are really made of course, is "real world, the auto is faster".....

I knew it was coming, my M6 is going to be the last new manual I'll buy, then gone.. heck my fist bike had a shifter on the tank.... times change.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/2...rley-davidson/

but we learn
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:00 PM   #861
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Saw that. Makes me wonder if the GT500 carbon is going to be close or faster than the ZLE and GM actually responded. they have been adamant in the past that the 1LE is a manual trans only option. Something obviously forced them to change their stance.
A lot of these manufacturers make silly statements to appease their hardcore racer type fans who think that everything should be manual trans. Unfortunately tho, those guys keep losing races to the guys in the much faster automatics. Ford switched from offering manual only in the GT500. So I guess that prompted GM to throw the A10 in the ZLE. Perhaps they didn't feel comfortable removing the TM from the manual trans and figured it would be better to just throw the A10 at it. Plus they probably wanted to get more people buying the ZLE so they could take potential customers from Ford. ANd also they probably got a little spooked by the higher HP auto GT500 and wanted to give the ZLE every advantage they could give it.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:12 PM   #862
13vertss

Was there ever a ZL1 1LE? If not, the 1le SS May be what they were talking about.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:21 PM   #863
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss View Post
Was there ever a ZL1 1LE? If not, the 1le SS May be what they were talking about.
Not certain what you mean by “Was there ever a ZL1 1LE?” Do you mean before 6th Gen? If so then the answer is there was not. The 2018 ZL1 1LE is the first vehicle by that name, so there is no real “tradition” wrt it being manual only or not. Because both the 5th Gen and 6th Gen SS 1LE are manual only, it’s fair to assume ZL1 1LE would also be manual only. Except now it isn’t. GM did not add the 10AT to the SS 1LE. At least, not yet.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:24 PM   #864
13vertss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Not certain what you mean by “Was there ever a ZL1 1LE?” Do you mean before 6th Gen? If so then the answer is there was not. The 2018 ZL1 1LE is the first vehicle by that name, so there is no real “tradition” wrt it being manual only or not. Because both the 5th Gen and 6th Gen SS 1LE are manual only, it’s fair to assume ZL1 1LE would also be manual only. Except now it isn’t. GM did not add the 10AT to the SS 1LE. At least, not yet.
Yes, that is what I meant.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:46 AM   #865
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
For a LONG time the 1LE was just a hidden option for SCCA (autocross), basically if you did NOT order an A/C, T-tops, and the car was a manual, had the top handling group, GM gave you the 1LE package.

Every year was slightly different for the 3th to the cast iron V8 4th gen. The only thing that is foggy to my mind was there a auto 1LE LS1 4th gen? I think the 1LE was gone after 1 year of LS1 production and / or the same year 1998. SLP had a 1 year (2001) but really was the same stuff that came on the WS6 or SS. Things like aluminum driveshaft for the LS1 came with the car if it was an auto with 3.23, A/C was on all 4th gen as well (from memory).

I was pretty heavy into autoX and did pre-order the 4th gen, LS1, auto, 3.23 gears and GM had NO idea what it would be coming with. I do know it came with the aluminum driveshaft, there was no section for handling (needed to order a SS). The only thing that I could never confirm is in ANY car, SS, WS6 or 1LE, ever came with a stronger panhard rod, or GM just made that up. That said all the part numbers from springs to sway bars AFAIK were the same: SS, WS6, and 1LE... But all this was in 1997 and my mind was fixed on getting the new Integra Type R....

To my mind if there is any "tradition", it was the 1LE, was a strippo, lowest optioned car but with added suspension and manual trans... probably the best "tradition" one could point to. Somebody else chime in if the 1le could be had in 1998 and with auto. I believe the pretend 2001 SLP 1le could be had with everything including T-tops and featured NOTHING, except for SLP marketing and of course cost.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #866
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
For a LONG time the 1LE was just a hidden option for SCCA (autocross), basically if you did NOT order an A/C, T-tops, and the car was a manual, had the top handling group, GM gave you the 1LE package.

Every year was slightly different for the 3th to the cast iron V8 4th gen. The only thing that is foggy to my mind was there a auto 1LE LS1 4th gen? I think the 1LE was gone after 1 year of LS1 production and / or the same year 1998. SLP had a 1 year (2001) but really was the same stuff that came on the WS6 or SS. Things like aluminum driveshaft for the LS1 came with the car if it was an auto with 3.23, A/C was on all 4th gen as well (from memory).

I was pretty heavy into autoX and did pre-order the 4th gen, LS1, auto, 3.23 gears and GM had NO idea what it would be coming with. I do know it came with the aluminum driveshaft, there was no section for handling (needed to order a SS). The only thing that I could never confirm is in ANY car, SS, WS6 or 1LE, ever came with a stronger panhard rod, or GM just made that up. That said all the part numbers from springs to sway bars AFAIK were the same: SS, WS6, and 1LE... But all this was in 1997 and my mind was fixed on getting the new Integra Type R....

To my mind if there is any "tradition", it was the 1LE, was a strippo, lowest optioned car but with added suspension and manual trans... probably the best "tradition" one could point to. Somebody else chime in if the 1le could be had in 1998 and with auto. I believe the pretend 2001 SLP 1le could be had with everything including T-tops and featured NOTHING, except for SLP marketing and of course cost.
There were a handful of Auto 4th gen 1LEs, but even I was surprised to find their existence.

FTR, all LS1 cars came with an aluminum driveshaft - only the 93-96 LT1 cars got unbalanced steel driveshafts (I say unbalanced, because most LT1 owners experienced higher speed driveline vibrations due to those crappy steel DS).

I have to double check on 1LE by year availability on the 4th gens - but you are correct about the Panhard bar - 1LE, was swaybars, springs, and shocks.

Edit: Found some info:

In 1993, the fourth-gen Camaro hit the scene and was a big hit. GM still offered the 1LE, but only a few were bought. To generate more excitement, GM sweetened the package to appeal to the everyday driver. A six-speed Borg-Warner trans with better ratios was one of the major changes. After 1993, the cars came with an ABS system far more capable than what preceded it. Post ’93 1LE cars had Koni shocks on all four corners. GM even went so far as to sneak a small, unmarked instruction sheet into the glovebox detailing how to tune the shocks for various track surfaces. Higher rate bushings and stiffer 32mm front and 21mm rear sway bars joined the package. Eventually, GM decided to start marketing the package to performance drivers and not just to racers. To make the package more enticing for the guy wanting a 1LE for the street, air conditioning became standard in 1996. The 1LE option was now branded by the marketing department as the Performance Suspension Package and GM started really making an effort to sell the option to performance enthusiasts—odd, considering the 1LE’s “track-only” beginnings. For profit reasons GM scrapped the 1LE program in 1999, but SLP did offer a 1LE option (RPO Y2Y) in 2001, although given all the weight-adding power options and T-tops, it was really just a shadow of the original track pack first offered on the third-gens.

http://www.superchevy.com/features/c...rolet-camaros/

The Y2Y RPO didn't necessarily mean it was a 1LE car from SLP in 2001 - it only meant the car was built with further SLP options (which were listed on the passenger door jam sticker).
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:23 PM   #867
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
You recall correctly

That is true, but I believe the Raptor was available with A10 before the ZL1 was available with A10

^^ This
Yay I remembered stuff! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
A lot of these manufacturers make silly statements to appease their hardcore racer type fans who think that everything should be manual trans. Unfortunately tho, those guys keep losing races to the guys in the much faster automatics. Ford switched from offering manual only in the GT500. So I guess that prompted GM to throw the A10 in the ZLE. Perhaps they didn't feel comfortable removing the TM from the manual trans and figured it would be better to just throw the A10 at it. Plus they probably wanted to get more people buying the ZLE so they could take potential customers from Ford. ANd also they probably got a little spooked by the higher HP auto GT500 and wanted to give the ZLE every advantage they could give it.
True but this would be the first time I guess you could say GM is altering something for the Camaro, in response to the competition. I think its awesome. should make for a hell of a head to head test.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:36 PM   #868
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yay I remembered stuff! lol

True but this would be the first time I guess you could say GM is altering something for the Camaro, in response to the competition. I think its awesome. should make for a hell of a head to head test.
Yes that is true. The GT500 forced their hand. I'm not sure if they thought the 1LE would be threatened with the M6 trans, or if they wanted to make it available and steal potential customers, or if they wanted to make it more proficient in straight line performance. But they did it regardless and I think it'll improve the car altogether. I think we'll see it match the standard ZL1 or come in about 1-2 tenths slower while retaining it's tack prowess.