Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 12-23-2017, 04:38 PM   #855
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
The GT was historically considerably cheaper than the Camaro SS for like what 30 years?
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:42 PM   #856
L99BEN

Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox9350 View Post

I’d buy a 2015-2017 mustang over any camaro at same price now, knowing it’s slower, why? Because I like mustangs and don’t like camaros. Most people agree.
Then why not take your camaro hating self over to the mustang forums so you can talk about how great they are over there.
Maybe one day you will able to afford one and finally ditch that Kia.

Past:
2022 Tesla S Plaid
2020 Shelby GT500 sold
2019 Hellcat Redeye-traded for new GT500
2019 ZL1 A10 - sold (meh)
2019 Tesla M3P
2016 Hellcat Challenger - A8 sold but never forgotten
2016 Camaro 2SS M6
2014 Mustang GT A6
2012 Mustang GT M6 "brembo" 3.73/FBO
2012 Camaro SS L99 (Wife's)
- slow

Last edited by L99BEN; 12-23-2017 at 07:13 PM.
L99BEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:47 PM   #857
LS6-M22
Rockcrusher

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
I’d buy a 2015-2017 mustang over any camaro at same price now, knowing it’s slower, why? Because I like mustangs and don’t like camaros. Most people agree.
So your only point of being here is to stir the pot? Why even be on a Camaro forum if you dislike the car so much? Sounds like a troll to me..........
LS6-M22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:48 PM   #858
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Haha. Ok might be a reach but Evan ran 11.8x at 120....cars been out 3 weeks ?
My take is that Ford is so late to the party that they couldn't wait for the owners to get there. Time to bring in a pro. Haha

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:53 PM   #859
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
I’d buy a 2015-2017 mustang over any camaro at same price now, knowing it’s slower, why? Because I like mustangs and don’t like camaros. Most rental car companies agree.
Fixed it

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:21 PM   #860
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Because they can. The Mustang has a much stronger history and following. The car literally commands a higher premium. You can credibly argue the Camaro presents a better performance value and I’ll give you that. In the end these companies are in it to make money. If they could charge 100k for a Mustang GT they would. It’s all the market. People are willing to pay more for a Mustang. GM has to do incentives, price drops, etc to even try to compete sales wise, and thy fall short often. Just is what it is. Kind of like how Ferraris are more expensive and slightly less performance more often than not to Lamborghini’s which are like the garish loud cousin at the family reunion trying to be noticed. You think Ferrari enthusiasts give a shit if is some gaudy huracan is a tenth faster?
The hell are you talking about kid? When has the GT commanded a high premium? And where are all these discounts and incentives that you're talking about? Please, show me where you see them. And are you not aware that Ford heavily discounts the GT? Senior citizen rebates, competition trade-in rebates, loyalty rebates, college rebates...I'm surprised they haven't offered a "single parent household" and "I can't afford a Camaro" rebate yet. How many of you over on M6G bragged about getting GTs for thousands off the MSRP? How many went around talking about how they got a brand new base GT for high $20Ks OTD? I saw some saying they got one as low as $27K. I had Koons about to drop $4K off the price of a brand new 2016 GT Premium convertible with PP if I came out there. And the dealership where I got my S550 GT took $2K off the price. Heck most of you over there are only in a GT because it was thrown at you dirt cheap. And a lot of you actually couldn't afford the Camaro so you went and got into a GT. SO WTF are you talking about? You guys have been talking about nothing but how much cheaper the Mustang is for years now. So where exactly are you getting that Ford can charge all this money for the GT? And now you have a GT that costs as much or more while offering way less performance.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:59 PM   #861
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Because they can. The Mustang has a much stronger history and following. The car literally commands a higher premium. You can credibly argue the Camaro presents a better performance value and I’ll give you that. In the end these companies are in it to make money. If they could charge 100k for a Mustang GT they would. It’s all the market. People are willing to pay more for a Mustang. GM has to do incentives, price drops, etc to even try to compete sales wise, and thy fall short often. Just is what it is. Kind of like how Ferraris are more expensive and slightly less performance more often than not to Lamborghini’s which are like the garish loud cousin at the family reunion trying to be noticed. You think Ferrari enthusiasts give a shit if is some gaudy huracan is a tenth faster?

Anyway I still find it bizarre we’re using a non PP GT with shitty tires and SHITTY REAR GEARS optioned out with whatever brought the MSRP to 49k in non performances items from edmunds who soccer moms read for mini van reviews as a bench test worthy of criticism. Aside from the laughably bad and wrong 0-60 the 12.6 is probably not far off for that exact trim and hardly embarrassing. Given the weather, track condition, driver and fact you can launch the car a hundred different ways with the modes and sett8ngs, my guess is it maxes out at 12.4 in that trim.

Again I expect to see the best neutral magazines will get 12.2-12.4 in the PP1 with A10 @ 118-120, and I expect the fast list of enthusiasts to be 11.6-12.0 @ 117-121 which would make it better than the current camaro by a hair but pretty much neck and neck....not sure how any of this is a fail in a mid cycle refresh. Car screams and looks better and sells better. Not losing sleep about the camaro even if it does come in faster or the next one pushes the bar a little further. You can keep your push rod much larger displacement engine which makes similar or less power and have fun.

I've officially heard it all now. Mustangs COMMAND higher prices. (Historically they have been cheaper until the 18). Time for you to go back to Mustang land. You think those cars are so great and would buy a 17 over a Camaro even though the 17s performance sucks then GTFO our forums. I don't post Camaro shit on your forums because I don't give a damn what Mustangs are doing.

None of us over here cares very much what any Mustang is doing. Not at the strip and sure as hell not at the track. Go back to that rock you were under for 4 years.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 06:02 PM   #862
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The hell are you talking about kid? When has the GT commanded a high premium? And where are all these discounts and incentives that you're talking about? Please, show me where you see them. And are you not aware that Ford heavily discounts the GT? Senior citizen rebates, competition trade-in rebates, loyalty rebates, college rebates...I'm surprised they haven't offered a "single parent household" and "I can't afford a Camaro" rebate yet. How many of you over on M6G bragged about getting GTs for thousands off the MSRP? How many went around talking about how they got a brand new base GT for high $20Ks OTD? I saw some saying they got one as low as $27K. I had Koons about to drop $4K off the price of a brand new 2016 GT Premium convertible with PP if I came out there. And the dealership where I got my S550 GT took $2K off the price. Heck most of you over there are only in a GT because it was thrown at you dirt cheap. And a lot of you actually couldn't afford the Camaro so you went and got into a GT. SO WTF are you talking about? You guys have been talking about nothing but how much cheaper the Mustang is for years now. So where exactly are you getting that Ford can charge all this money for the GT? And now you have a GT that costs as much or more while offering way less performance.
Don’t forget 0% interest for 72 months. That is a huge discount.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 06:35 PM   #863
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
Don’t forget 0% interest for 72 months. That is a huge discount.
Exactly. They were throwing Mustangs away dirt cheap at any and everyone. Especially the EBs.
Quote:
Coming from a guy in a 2014 Sorrento. I guess those high premiums are what keeps you from getting a Mustang.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:42 PM   #864
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

So now the GT will cost the same, be slower even with the magical A10 trans, won't handle anywhere near as good, has half the brakes, none of the cooling capacities, you can't get one with a sunroof, and it'll cost just as much as or more than the Camaro. And this kid in a Kia prefers the GT as if we care what he likes or doesn't like. Yet he is over here on our forum because he loves the Mustang soo much. I swear the trolls coming over have less and less brain cells.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:49 PM   #865
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
The Mustang commands higher prices? Since when? I swear the Mustang diehards live in an interesting universe that is just as absurd as the Camaro diehards. I seem to recall very clearly the years the 5th Gen was absolutely taking the Mustang to the woodshed in sales despite how good the 2011+ Mustangs were in performance.

The draw of the Mustang was always cheap speed. What’s happening to it is the same thing that happened to the Camaro. People wanted the comfort, refinements and technology of something like a MercAudiBmw but wanted the speed and performance of a V8 and the sportiness of something like a 370Z and the like.

That combination isn’t cheap, and if Ford were to offer the level of technology and refinement of say..the 2011’s (A6, no tech like a touch screen infotainment system, etc) today it would fail spectacularly because it was too raw. Same with the Camaro..release the 2010 and it would bomb. Both of those cars were “cheap” with both starting at just a hair over 30,000-31,000 bucks and their premium models at about 37,000.

Now the market and consumer has gotten spoiled, they’ve tasted refinement with a luxury flair and they want more. That’s why both start at as near matters $40,000.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:49 PM   #866
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
The Camaro isn't THAT much lighter than the GT. Comparing the lightest SS to the lightest GT and the Camaro might be lighter by about 15 pounds...if I remember it correctly.

As far as top sports cars, the Camaro is up there with all but the forced induction (or Vipers) top cars. They both are certainly on a level where it is needed. Matter of fact the 5th Gen SS had them at all four corners and they aren't even close to the 6th Gen in performance. Ford not putting them on has nothing to do with them not needing the performance. They clearly do.
People aren't realizing that. Chevy has 2. 2. Let me repeat. 2 cars that can compete with super cars on a track. Well, 3 actually. The Z06, the Zl1 and the Zl1 1LE. Shit, they have 4 now with the ZR1. Ford....................has NONE. Their holy grail 350 and 350R aren't even in the same league as the Zl1 and Zl1 1LE. They are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays behind when you compare them to other super cars. And it's always been like that. The Mustang is Fords sports car (I'm not including the GT due to it's $400k price tag). This is what Ford has. The Mustang and honestly, it falls short in every aspect compared to what Chevy is pumping out nowadays. It's game over.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:52 PM   #867
kttxz06

And i finally saw a '18 today in person at the grocery story. Guy was actually pretty nice. Older gent. He saw my Zl1. First thing out of his mouth..............I'm not even gonna try messing with you. I knew right then, he knew what was up. Anyhow, I followed him for a while and lord all mightly. The GT has some skinny as tires on the rear. It totally throws off the proportions. It needs a 305 just to give it some beef. You have this wide read end with a nice spoiler, then you have these skinny ass tires on the back. Just looks weird to me. But anyhow, it did look pretty clean. Still didn't do anything for me in person like I thought it would. It needs to be more mean. It's lost that meaness look.

My buddy with the Roush came by so I can help him set up his crypto accounts. He's in fkn love with the Zl1. He wishes he never would of bought the Mustang. I said, good. You are finally here. Let's race. He's like, dude, you'll fkn romp me. I said, I know, but who cares. haha. So, even he knows. But anyhow, Verge is calling me.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:56 PM   #868
kttxz06

Quote:
So now the GT will cost the same, be slower even with the magical A10 trans, won't handle anywhere near as good, has half the brakes, none of the cooling capacities, you can't get one with a sunroof, and it'll cost just as much as or more than the Camaro. And this kid in a Kia prefers the GT as if we care what he likes or doesn't like. Yet he is over here on our forum because he loves the Mustang soo much. I swear the trolls coming over have less and less brain cells.
A fully loaded out GT runs $53k. $7k more and you can scoop you up a Zl1. No brainer. I guess the same could be said with the top model SS. Aren't they running low $50's too?