#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-19-2023, 06:13 PM   #71
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS View Post
Thank you , revised in this post . A good majority of Gen X (if into cars ) were into imports , a few of my friends born before 1970 are Muscle Cars guys . Most likely because as stated above there Dads , other family members or neighbors. So to revise that to Baby boomers and a small percentage of the 1st Gen X generation.
Not enough interest to keep Performance Cars in production as the interested Generation demographics in numbers decrease.
I'm probably in the minority, but 36 years old and have always been into cars. Started with imports and broadened my spectrum throughout the years. Now I own a camaro for weekends or special days, and a subaru sti for all others. Future doesn't look great for gearheads, but I promise my daughter will be in the garage with me working on cars once she can turn a wrench. Their's still some hope....some
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 09:23 PM   #72
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
'24 1LE (if you can get one) will likely be more collectible
100%
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 12:13 PM   #73
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
I'm probably in the minority, but 36 years old and have always been into cars. Started with imports and broadened my spectrum throughout the years. Now I own a camaro for weekends or special days, and a subaru sti for all others. Future doesn't look great for gearheads, but I promise my daughter will be in the garage with me working on cars once she can turn a wrench. There is still some hope....some
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 03:33 PM   #74
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Boss View Post
Man you guys are a tough bunch on Chevrolet on this CE \ Panther thing! There is no business case really for anything other than paint and stickers for this car for Chevrolet; dealers may be a little more fortunate with markups. I'm also disappointed in this last offering vs. Dodge as well. From my buyer's perspective, I believe the CE model ZL1's will not be worth any more $$ than any other '24 Camaro down the road either. (reference the 25th anniversary pace car Vette prices or the first "last Camaro" special edition from 2002 - hideous!) With that said, I'm a Camaro guy since my first new Z28 in high school in 1980. I've got one from every generation now and the last two ZL1's are phenomenal performance vehicles for the price. Without buying one, I'll probably never actually see a '24 Camaro ZL1 Commerative Edition and I think the flat black paint with carbon fiber parts will be a killer. At $100K out of the door it's stupid $$ I know for this car, but I hope to get one and chock that poor decision up to my passion of the Camaro. I do regret not buying a new '15 Z28 for the $55K my local dealer had marked down on two new Z28's. I hope GM has a couple of non-disclosed features or included documents besides the watch but I'll post pictures and details if I get one. Now, back to work!!

In 2008 I originally ordered black and changed to CGM. 5 Camaros later it time for black and matte will be killer with CF and gloss rockers contrasting. Yeah it's an extra 14k but it's also limited in number adds the 1LE wing, a 1k watch and a very cool theme. Most complaining about price should probably take a look at the interest paid on their current ZL1 loan.

And you're right, not many will ever be seen just like the 200 2010 pace cars.
Old 06-20-2023, 05:12 PM   #75
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
Wow, I just checked on the prices. I put my name on a list for a CE, but not holding my breath. Certainly, the dealer will adjust price. I'm glad I got mine when I did. 50th Anniversary ZL1 under 60k with a 6spd and PDR. Even had a military discount with it and a loyalty discount. I can't find a stripped one under 69k MSRP. Most are 70-74k.
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:18 PM   #76
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Wait, you put your name down on a ~$90k car without asking if they are charging a markup? That's always question #1 and I immediately hang up if they say yes
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:28 PM   #77
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
Wait, you put your name down on a ~$90k car without asking if they are charging a markup? That's always question #1 and I immediately hang up if they say yes
In fact, the sales guy said "don't know if there will be a mark up." So, the answer is yes. I doubt it will ever show up. He did say I qualified for the military discount, Ha Ha
george is offline   Reply With Quote