#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-15-2017, 09:20 PM   #71
SkunkJunk420

Drives: camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
Yep! And they delivered it to me about 250 miles. Never even set foot in the dealership.
may I please ask how and by whom?
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:30 PM   #72
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkJunk420 View Post
may I please ask how and by whom?
It was from Jupiter in Dallas. I was scouring cars.com like everyone else that couldn't find an allocation back then and saw it listed there for about $58K if I recall correctly. Sent them a message and worked the entire deal through email after that. I had a 2010 SS that was heavily modified that I needed to work in to the deal as well and not get completely screwed on. In the end it worked out! It was an extremely strange ordeal since I didn't test drive the car, and only spent 5 minutes on the phone with the finance guy to give him my CC for the downpayment.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:30 AM   #73
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
It was from Jupiter in Dallas. I was scouring cars.com like everyone else that couldn't find an allocation back then and saw it listed there for about $58K if I recall correctly. Sent them a message and worked the entire deal through email after that. I had a 2010 SS that was heavily modified that I needed to work in to the deal as well and not get completely screwed on. In the end it worked out! It was an extremely strange ordeal since I didn't test drive the car, and only spent 5 minutes on the phone with the finance guy to give him my CC for the downpayment.
People have got to stop using these scenarios as examples of a "deal". Without us knowing your trade value, whether you were upside down or not, or seeing all the numbers how can you say you got a deal in that range? Not trying to be rude, but you can't just say I got a deal for $55k. Then later, we find out there was a trade involved, we don't know what fees and addons you paid, etc.,etc.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #74
SkunkJunk420

Drives: camaros
Im trying to buy one with 20-30k down, no trades, for no more than 55k out the door. Im hoping, even if i have to wait a while, a dealer will have one for 20% off. Ill wait patiently and keep saving
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:42 AM   #75
bmlocal175

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Black M6 PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkJunk420 View Post
Im trying to buy one with 20-30k down, no trades, for no more than 55k out the door. Im hoping, even if i have to wait a while, a dealer will have one for 20% off. Ill wait patiently and keep saving
That's pretty much what I'm doing, looking to be in the 55-60k range and financing 40k at 1.9%. We will see. Hopefully there are some left in the fall. Like a bunch of the colors and it's a coin flip for me on M6 or A10. Can take or leave the options so not going to be picky come fall. Getting the driveway expanded for the extra vehicle and buying a shed to make room in garage for the car.
bmlocal175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:39 PM   #76
Infern0
Bring It

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
People have got to stop using these scenarios as examples of a "deal". Without us knowing your trade value, whether you were upside down or not, or seeing all the numbers how can you say you got a deal in that range? Not trying to be rude, but you can't just say I got a deal for $55k. Then later, we find out there was a trade involved, we don't know what fees and addons you paid, etc.,etc.
Well I think your statement speaks for itself. You don't know anything other than what I tell you. Does that make it inconceivable to have been a "deal" or is that subjective enough that the person stating it is capable enough of making that determination themselves? I was the one that was there. That's how I can say I got a deal in that range.

In any case, I'm aware of that and took it in to consideration when I made my post. I removed all of those variables and took what the cost of the car would be, out the door, as the OP requested, not factoring in any equities or otherwise, positive or negative. To help further alleviate that doubt I also mentioned that my 2010 was heavily modified, which one could almost always surmise indicates some, to lots, of negative equity. Satisfied?

I don't recall stating I got a deal for $55k.

I would recommend if there is doubt or uncertainty in your mind about something you read, rather than assume they aren't as grand and wise as you, first ask and seek to understand.

Last edited by Infern0; 05-16-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:39 PM   #77
mdmoore23

Quote:
Well I think your statement speaks for itself. You don't know anything other than what I tell you. Does that make it inconceivable to have been a "deal" or is that subjective enough that the person stating it is capable enough of making that determination themselves? I was the one that was there. That's how I can say I got a deal in that range.

In any case, I'm aware of that and took it in to consideration when I made my post. I removed all of those variables and took what the cost of the car would be, out the door, as the OP requested, not factoring in any equities or otherwise, positive or negative. To help further alleviate that doubt I also mentioned that my 2010 was heavily modified, which one could almost always surmise indicates some, to lots, of negative equity. Satisfied?

I don't recall stating I got a deal for $55k.

I would recommend if there is doubt or uncertainty in your mind about something you read, rather than assume they aren't as grand and wise as you, first ask and seek to understand.
As I stated before, I wasn't trying to be rude or offensive. Just said what I did because there had already been a few instances where someone said they got "x" price but later mentioned that involved positive equity or some other method of price reduction. I was just attempting to clarify things for those looking for what to expect in the real world when hunting a ZL1. Take me for instance. Picked mine up this weekend. Got out the door for $56,400. Car was msrp at $67,330. I got a deal but not as good as it looks if I just leave it there. Car was $67,330. Dealer gave me loyalty rebate and $1000 off. I also got supplier combined with that. That knocked the price down to about $63,xxx. But I also had a trade with about $7000 positive equity. I then let them add my $1000 deposit I put down earlier. That's how I got out the door at $56,400. Now the way I just explained that is not how it normally gets told. Once again, no offense.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #78
Infern0
Bring It

Quote:
As I stated before, I wasn't trying to be rude or offensive. Just said what I did because there had already been a few instances where someone said they got "x" price but later mentioned that involved positive equity or some other method of price reduction. I was just attempting to clarify things for those looking for what to expect in the real world when hunting a ZL1. Take me for instance. Picked mine up this weekend. Got out the door for $56,400. Car was msrp at $67,330. I got a deal but not as good as it looks if I just leave it there. Car was $67,330. Dealer gave me loyalty rebate and $1000 off. I also got supplier combined with that. That knocked the price down to about $63,xxx. But I also had a trade with about $7000 positive equity. I then let them add my $1000 deposit I put down earlier. That's how I got out the door at $56,400. Now the way I just explained that is not how it normally gets told. Once again, no offense.

Fair enough. Sorry, rough day.

As stated, the price of the car in my deal out the door met the question OP was asking. Though at the very least I do include dealer incentives in that as they apply to the scenario in question.

I don't think it would be possible to get THAT good of a deal expecting the dealer to just give the car away at that price. With the incentives if I understand correctly, they recover some or all of that money.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:56 PM   #79
mdmoore23

Quote:
Fair enough. Sorry, rough day.

As stated, the price of the car in my deal out the door met the question OP was asking. Though at the very least I do include dealer incentives in that as they apply to the scenario in question.

I don't think it would be possible to get THAT good of a deal expecting the dealer to just give the car away at that price. With the incentives if I understand correctly, they recover some or all of that money.
I understand man. Things sometimes come across rude online even when not meant to.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:57 AM   #80
Zepp

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
There's a dealership here in Miami that has several listed in the 50's, 10k off sticker
Old 05-17-2017, 05:32 AM   #81
mdmoore23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
There's a dealership here in Miami that has several listed in the 50's, 10k off sticker
I tried to go down that road. I think those guys are somewhat full of hot air. I think they have deals when they actually have those cars. But their site shows 18 incoming. I don't know if that's legit.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:19 AM   #82
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
I tried to go down that road. I think those guys are somewhat full of hot air. I think they have deals when they actually have those cars. But their site shows 18 incoming. I don't know if that's legit.
I called Bomnin back in February before I bought one here in DFW and talked to a Hispanic guy, forgot his name, sounded nice and legit pricing. The catch was, the pricing included ALL of the discounts that very few people would get, ie; Military, GM owner, trading in Mustang, student, Farm Bureau, and a couple more. Soon the price was back up to $63k for a $66k from the advertised price of $58K.

Beware of the "loss leader" cars. I am sure you can get a decent price, but not close to what is advertised.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:31 AM   #83
mdmoore23

Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
I called Bomnin back in February before I bought one here in DFW and talked to a Hispanic guy, forgot his name, sounded nice and legit pricing. The catch was, the pricing included ALL of the discounts that very few people would get, ie; Military, GM owner, trading in Mustang, student, Farm Bureau, and a couple more. Soon the price was back up to $63k for a $66k from the advertised price of $58K.

Beware of the "loss leader" cars. I am sure you can get a decent price, but not close to what is advertised.
Exactly. I bailed on those guys. I had a good amount of conversations with a fellow there, and stuff just wasn't adding up. I went with a dealer near them who actually had a car on site. They treated me right and gave me all the discounts I qualified for.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #84
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Exactly. I bailed on those guys. I had a good amount of conversations with a fellow there, and stuff just wasn't adding up. I went with a dealer near them who actually had a car on site. They treated me right and gave me all the discounts I qualified for.
+1.31456

I quit talking to them and bought at Friendly Chevy here in Dallas. I did get the $1k off and then the $2k off for trading in a Mustang and then some small something else. I got a good deal vs the $3k ADM on the GT350. That was a ripoff.

If it is too good to be true, then it probably is.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote