Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: Do you hate Mustangs with a passion?
Yes 42 21.00%
NO 158 79.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #71
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Seems like most people (me included) didn't read the title correctly. It's not asking about the cars, it's asking about the OWNERS. But then the title of the thread and the title of the pole makes it confusing.
In that case I will say you can find good and bad in both. What I hate is the model superiority complex some Camaro owners seem to have, and feel the need to bash lower models at every opportunity. They show no class in my opinion.
This^

I see it in both sides. but I do seem to see it more in camaro owners. Anything with a LS motor in it is gods gift to the automotive world according to most of the camaro owners I know. Being completely fair thou, I see that in the mustang community as well
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #72
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Don't hate them, but would never own one. My brother has a 2012 GT Premium in Grabber Blue. Love the color and pushed him hard to pick it. They are quick for sure but it rides like $h!t compared to the Camaro and I don't know what Kool Aid people have been drinking if they think the interior is more quality then the Camaros. To me it looks very boring and the materials are no better.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #73
Jason P

Drives: 2011 2ss
I love the competition between the 2 cars its better for us the consumer. I don't like that Gm put some mediocre parts in the car I.E. the rear end, clutch, and the list goes on. I'm sure Ford did the same on the mustang. Oh well I'll just keep upgrading parts for more horse power.
2011 2ss Ram twin plate ceramic clutch, Texas speed 418 LS3 235 /243 .621 / .624 cam, ported and polished heads with dual springs,magnum push rods, Hotchkis race pack, Stainless Power long tube headers with no cats, Magna Flo competition exhaust, lpe fuel pump, magnuson supercharger with overdrive and port matched blower plate, IW 8 rib pullies, AEM meth kit, id 850 injectors, 3 bar map, halltech cai, zl1 rear diff
Jason P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #74
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
My objective answer is personal proof of ownership on how badazz a Mustang can be, just like how badazz a Camaro can be... enough said.

LUCKY MAN!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #75
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsfirstSS View Post
guess you dont know what facts are...

Let me help you, fact
/fakt/
Noun
A thing that is indisputably the case

Fifth Gen Mustang
You're focusing only on the technical definition. In most people's minds, there is a difference between the 2005-2009 and the 2010+.

The difference between the boxy style of the 2005-2009 versus the curvier 2010+ are just as great as the differences between different gens of most car models. Compare 8th and 9th generation civics for example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_C....2C_FG4.2C_FB6

see I posted the direct link for you instead of being a smart-ass and using lmgtfy.

Plus given the HUGE difference in engines in the 2011+, and in the minds of most people: 2005-2009 = boxy, cheap looking and ultra slow Mustangs; 2010+ = fast, sleek looking Mustangs.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #76
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Pure fact...there are more mustangs than camaros, i dont see how anyone can argue that. I see like 10 mustangs a day in my geographic location and only like 3 camaros, been seeing more lately. yeah I like seeing other camaros and I like outselling the mustang, one day that may change if we ever have more camaros than mustangs.
No-one is disputing whether there are more Mustangs than Camaros - sure if you count models back to 1965.

I'm just saying it's a stupid argument, and a delusion to make you feel you have an exclusive car. Given that Camaros have outsold Mustang since they came out in 2009, it's ludicrous to continue saying "I see Mustangs everywhere that's why I feel so good in my super-rare Camaro". Not including all the models way back to 1967 (like you're arguing), there's half a million 2010+ Camaros on the road; yeah - that's like one for every 600 Americans.

It's like saying: "I'm not eating chocolate icecream, therefore I'm not going to get fat". Yeah - but you're eating vanilla icecream and therefore you will.

Going on about how you're soooo disgusted by the number of Mustangs on the road, and then going out and buying a Camaro is as stupid as my "chocolate icecream" example.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #77
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
You're focusing only on the technical definition. In most people's minds, there is a difference between the 2005-2009 and the 2010+.

The difference between the boxy style of the 2005-2009 versus the curvier 2010+ are just as great as the differences between different gens of most car models. Compare 8th and 9th generation civics for example:

see I posted the direct link for you instead of being a smart-ass and using lmgtfy.

Plus given the HUGE difference in engines in the 2011+, and in the minds of most people: 2005-2009 = boxy, cheap looking and ultra slow Mustangs; 2010+ = fast, sleek looking Mustangs.
Wow you just hate facts dont you? "In most peoples minds" OK lets argue in made up statistics land...90 percent of the cars I see are mustangs more than half the time. Everyone says so. Therefore I drive a camaro.

Im not even sure how to talk to you if we are going to discuss totally subjective crap we make up about feelings and what other people think that arent myself or you.

Ford didnt see fit to give it a new gen designation but apparently they dont know what they are doing because you know better and read everyone elses mind and they believe that also. Get out of here.

Quote:
No-one is disputing whether there are more Mustangs than Camaros - sure if you count models back to 1965.

I'm just saying it's a stupid argument, and a delusion to make you feel you have an exclusive car. Given that Camaros have outsold Mustang since they came out in 2009, it's ludicrous to continue saying "I see Mustangs everywhere that's why I feel so good in my super-rare Camaro". Not including all the models way back to 1967 (like you're arguing), there's half a million 2010+ Camaros on the road; yeah - that's like one for every 600 Americans.

It's like saying: "I'm not eating chocolate icecream, therefore I'm not going to get fat". Yeah - but you're eating vanilla icecream and therefore you will.

Going on about how you're soooo disgusted by the number of Mustangs on the road, and then going out and buying a Camaro is as stupid as my "chocolate icecream" example.
Despite even the sales figures from 2009 to now doesnt mean that people in a specific geographic region have the same purchasing habits as the rest of the country. I really do see 10 mustangs a day compared to 3 camaros. So in my geographic region it makes sense to me to feel (see I have feelings) the camaro is more exclusive.

There are more mustangs than camaros if you look at the last couple months also should we discount that time period too? lets just go ignoring time periods that you dont like because they dont fit into your argument. The point is there ARE MORE MUSTANGS on the road than camaros making the camaro more exclusive, fact. End of story.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #78
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Quote:

FYI - 2010 Mustangs have the same cheap, crappy 3V engine as the 2005-2009 models. They do have the sleek look as most people think "cough, cough" and are ULTRA SLOW as well.

Your opinion is the 2005-2009 models look cheap, it is not a fact. A fact is that 1 + 1 = 2, not that my girlfriend is hotter than your girlfriend, or my 3V is probably faster than your ZL1 (Insert L O L here)

How fast is your ZL1?
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #79
mattsfirstSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Your opinion is the 2005-2009 models look cheap, it is not a fact. A fact is that 1 + 1 = 2, not that my girlfriend is hotter than your girlfriend, or my 3V is probably faster than your ZL1 (Insert L O L here)

How fast is your ZL1?
He doesnt really have one, he just thinks he does and that makes it true
Old 12-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #80
mattsfirstSS

Quote:

LOL I just realized you cited wikipedia as a source
Old 12-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #81
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
LOL I just realized you cited wikipedia as a source
And it links information about Honda Civics....LOL
Old 12-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #82
mattsfirstSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
And it links information about Honda Civics....LOL
He was trying to justify his argument that mustangs should have an extra gen based on what Honda did with the civic, which is equally unfounded and just as hilarious
Old 12-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #83
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
He was trying to justify his argument that mustangs should have an extra gen based on what Honda did with the civic, which is equally unfounded and just as hilarious
I just thought trying to use something Honda did as an example was lame. He needs to find out some credible evidence that FORD considers them separate generations. Without that his statements end up just being his opinion with no facts to go with them.

I guess by his rules we should be on the 7th or 8th gen Camaro, not the 5th.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 12-14-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #84
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
It's mainly the owners of the Mustangs that puts people off toward the car itself. All you have to do is go to the SVT forums site and read the verbal trash they talk about BOTH the Camaro & Corvette and see how they are biased towards Mustangs. When you hear someone on that site have a topic about how their SHelby can best a Z06 Vette you know its nothing but bias come on we are talking about a Corvette here thats alot lighter than his car and more techinically sound all around. Also the site American Muscle is another biased site for only the Mustang why would they make a video putting an SS Vs. a Boss 302 and verbally bash it??? Plus the audacity of making a site and group named American Muscle when all it is are Mustangs???? No Chevys or Dodges which are well known for having the best engines at drag strips compaired to Ford.