Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #71
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Do you recommend this? How did ride firmness change?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #72
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Well since the coilovers are adjustable I have a pretty wide spectrum of ride adjustability. I was a bit worried that changing all of the bushings I did would make the car hardcore race car stiff. Not at all... ride quality has improved handling has improved. I would definitely recommend a short throw shifter for the manual guys. I'm happy with my Hurst so far. The sways I'd do-OEM's are really ghey. Trailing arms, yes. Rear cradle, yes Installing the diff bushing is pretty labor intensive. The shop that did mine ended up dropping the whole subframe to do it. Overall the car drives more expensive. Which is good.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #73
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Well since the coilovers are adjustable I have a pretty wide spectrum of ride adjustability. I was a bit worried that changing all of the bushings I did would make the car hardcore race car stiff. Not at all... ride quality has improved handling has improved. I would definitely recommend a short throw shifter for the manual guys. I'm happy with my Hurst so far. The sways I'd do-OEM's are really ghey. Trailing arms, yes. Rear cradle, yes Installing the diff bushing is pretty labor intensive. The shop that did mine ended up dropping the whole subframe to do it. Overall the car drives more expensive. Which is good.
Did you find you can get back on the power more quickly in a corner?

Since you are going FI, the diff bushings are a great idea. For those with less power, I think the diff bushings make a marginal improvement at best, and since they are a pain to install, probably a good idea to skip those.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #74
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Coilovers are so damn cool.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #75
SIXJAK

G-Ham, honestly I have not been in that scenario yet so I can't commenting acceleration out of a curve. However, the more I drive the car the more I realize how much slop is in the stock setup, if that makes any sense. Yeah unless you're going FI skip the diff bushings. Knowing what I know now I definitely would NOT do this mod if I were staying N/A.

KM, truer words have never been written.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #76
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
G-Ham, honestly I have not been in that scenario yet so I can't commenting acceleration out of a curve.
Well time's a-wastin'!

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #77
SIXJAK

Ok, freeway on ramped it with traction control off. No more hopping around.the tail end just power drifts beautifully and smoothly. Very progressive and predictable. Reminds of an M3.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #78
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
I have the Hurst shifter. Love it. Bought it for $199 on Amazon.com. Super easy (except for those damn springs on the V6) install!
Old 05-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #79
SIXJAK

Snap! the rear left coilover firmness nob came off. All other 3 seem to adjust just fine. This one did not want to budge. Hmmmmmm.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #80
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
From what I understand Pedders takes the BC Coilovers and puts their name on them.

I guess Pedders did this in 2010. At any rate I'm getting into coilovers for under a k.
For not much more get the ER Series BC coil overs. You won't be disappointed. Much better ride for the money and still cheaper than the other name brands.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #81
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie RS View Post
For not much more get the ER Series BC coil overs. You won't be disappointed. Much better ride for the money and still cheaper than the other name brands.
Day late and a dollar short my friend. Already have them installed. Lol. How do the ER series differ from the BR series.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #82
WildL16

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
My car on sixjak hand me down eibachs. Just got them installed today still waiting on an alignment. Thanks again jak!
Attached Images

WildL16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #83
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildL16 View Post
My car on sixjak hand me down eibachs. Just got them installed today still waiting on an alignment. Thanks again jak!
Sweet. Looks nice. My car used to be all black like that. Looks fantastic. Glad you were able to get them installed. Lemeknow what you think about the ride.