#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Phastek Performance

Old 11-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #71
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
That's the reason for a playoff...the regular season gets you to the playoff. The regular season determines your seeding...one loss should not take a Top 5 team out of the picture for a national championship!
The reason why I think only undefeated's should be included is because otherwise, you can make a case for every 1 loss team and there's usually like 20 of them each year. Plus, requiring a team be undefeated still gives every team the same opportunity, which they won't get with polls.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:52 AM   #72
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
The reason why I think only undefeated's should be included is because otherwise, you can make a case for every 1 loss team and there's usually like 20 of them each year. Plus, requiring a team be undefeated still gives every team the same opportunity, which they won't get with polls.
Nah...I think there are plenty of 1 loss teams that couldn't beat a good high school football team rank every year...they get the bowl they deserve too at the end of the season.

But a Alabama like this year is a strong 1 loss team...all the polls show it and the BCS still gives them a chance at the title (if a couple teams lose).

I don't think it would be a good idea to say "go undefeated and get a shot"...you'll have teams playing local YMCAs to get that record!

Like I've said...use the current BCS system, take the top 8 teams and let them play in the top 4 bowls...winners move on. All other bowls are still out there for end of season compitition and eliminate the conference championships...it'll make billions, crown a "real champion" and you'll have better regular season football because teams will want to be in the top 8!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:11 PM   #73
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
Nah...I think there are plenty of 1 loss teams that couldn't beat a good high school football team rank every year...they get the bowl they deserve too at the end of the season.

But a Alabama like this year is a strong 1 loss team...all the polls show it and the BCS still gives them a chance at the title (if a couple teams lose).

I don't think it would be a good idea to say "go undefeated and get a shot"...you'll have teams playing local YMCAs to get that record!

Like I've said...use the current BCS system, take the top 8 teams and let them play in the top 4 bowls...winners move on. All other bowls are still out there for end of season compitition and eliminate the conference championships...it'll make billions, crown a "real champion" and you'll have better regular season football because teams will want to be in the top 8!
Nah. Have a losers bracket in the early bowl games for unbeatens with a low strength of schedule ranking and strong 1 loss teams, and include the winner in the playoffs with the unbeatens. That'd work, and nobody could claim they were screwed.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #74
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Congrats to Oregon and Auburn on being 1-2.

Oregon has a tough 3 games ahead, potentially.

And Auburn has Georgia and then Alabama.

So, it's anyone's guess what'll happen in the coming weeks to round out the season. I can only imagine how much TCU and Boise State are salivating at the thought of both of those teams tripping up in the home stretch of the season

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #75
springerpete
Orange GM freak

Drives: 2004 3500HD
WOO HOO!!! Look who is #10 in the BCS!

I think it's an overate but I'll take it. Maybe it will help our recruiting a little.