Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 03-05-2016, 11:49 AM   #71
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
So I guess it's a waiting game now.
camaro1&6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:51 AM   #72
camaro1&6

Took my car to the dealer and the district manager tried to compare my car with 2 other colors, nightfall and summit
Old 03-05-2016, 11:53 AM   #73
camaro1&6

There was no comparison, the Nightfall paint was amazing in comparison to my Mosaic Black paint . Even the luster and shine of the paint was completely different
Old 03-05-2016, 11:59 AM   #74
camaro1&6

Now that I've seen that 2 other mosiac black cars are being replaced why am I getting such flack from my dealer. I know why because I had a issue already with the service manager at Heinrich Chevrolet in Lockport ny. They did over 10k in repairs on my 15 high country duramax and scratched the grill headlights and when I popped the hood my engine compartment looked older than my 06 duramax that I rebuild the engine . I hope GM see through the ignorance of the service manager and does what's right , especially now that 2 other cars have been replaced
Old 03-05-2016, 12:11 PM   #75
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Stick to your gun's and get them to replace there work. GL
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #76
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Stick to your gun's and get them to replace there work. GL
I just can't settle for this ridiculous paint job!! , I totally agree, than you
Old 03-08-2016, 01:47 AM   #77
RobbyRocketz

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro SS Mosaic Black
Politely let them know that you'll contact the local consumer help line at your local tv station and see how quickly that pushes things along.
Dealers hate bad press, as does G.M.
As a G.M employee I'm disgusted by all of this.
Someone at the assembly plant dropped the ball, probably do too pressure applied by management too speed production along.
Sorry, I hope things get squared away for you, I'm blessed too have perfect Mosaic Black on mine, sounds like I got lucky based on what I'm seeing here.
RobbyRocketz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:13 AM   #78
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
That really sucks for all owners with this very large issue. It isn't taking long for this to get around. Maybe if they see sales tanking, they will get their shit together and step up quality all around. I love the car, but will not be a buyer at this point no matter what kind of HP they come up with.
Thanks for saving me to everyone that posted their troubles.

Last edited by motorhead; 03-08-2016 at 03:21 PM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:01 AM   #79
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyRocketz View Post
Politely let them know that you'll contact the local consumer help line at your local tv station and see how quickly that pushes things along.
Someone at the assembly plant dropped the ball, probably do too pressure applied by management too speed production along.
Sorry, I hope things get squared away for you, I'm blessed too have perfect Mosaic Black on mine, sounds like I got lucky based on what I'm seeing here.
For Now I'm being polite , The senior advisor in the executive building seems to be getting everything moving so it seems , the biggest problem has been the service manager at the dealership , they had my car for a week and never even washed the car and said they found no issues with the paint, ,,, then told chevrolet that the district manager looked at my car and it wasn't true . I took my car in January to have them fix the seat that stopped working and look at the paint . Here I am finally getting somewhere , I want the car replaced , I've been told chevrolet will do everything possible to make me happy with my purchase. My fingers are crossed that this don't get ugly, , Thank you for your support I just want what everyone else wants a properly painted car.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:10 AM   #80
camaro1&6

Quote:
I'm happy to see your disgusted, my family and friends work for GM Tonawanda And Lockport, I'm a firm believer in Built in the USA , if it's not right don't let it leave and hope the customer doesn't notice . If you ask anyone that knows me I take pride in being a bowtie owner especially at the track
Old 03-12-2016, 12:35 AM   #81
RobbyRocketz

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro SS Mosaic Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
I'm happy to see your disgusted, my family and friends work for GM Tonawanda And Lockport, I'm a firm believer in Built in the USA , if it's not right don't let it leave and hope the customer doesn't notice . If you ask anyone that knows me I take pride in being a bowtie owner especially at the track
G.M's biggest issue is their size, it takes 30 pages of documentation to get the simplest things done inside the plant so I couldn't imagine the convoluted mess it takes too get stuff done once the product hits the street.
Its really gotten too be ridiculous.
I love my company, and the products we produce, but a quality control issue isn't something anyone should blow off.
Our customers put food on my family's table every time they make a purchase so when I see a huge mess like this it really eats at me.
My build date was the same as one of the people here on the forum that's having MASSIVE issues with their Mosaic Black.
Mine turned out flawless.
This shows me that the issue was eventually caught that day, otherwise I'd be in the same boat.
I'm thinking the cars with issues were caught, pulled into the repair area and left untagged, next shift came in and assumed the repairs were done do too the prior shift not leaving any documentation on what was done and put into the shipping line.
If this is what happened its unexcusable, the only other explanation is that everyone working quality that day was blind.
I love my company but were not perfect, don't accept a repaint on a new $45,000.00 car, I sure as hell wouldn't.
Hopefully this wont cost me my job, but nothing matters more than the customers happiness.
Again, my heart goes out to those that are dealing with all these issues, I feel terrible about this.
Its hard for me to enjoy mine when I know someone else isn't enjoying theirs.
RobbyRocketz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:54 AM   #82
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
G.M's biggest issue is their size, it takes 30 pages of documentation to get the simplest things done inside the plant so I couldn't imagine the convoluted mess it takes too get stuff done once the product hits the street.
I love my company, and the products we produce, but a quality control issue isn't something anyone should blow off.
Our customers put food on my family's table every time they make a purchase so when I see a huge mess like this it really eats at me.
My build date was the same as one of the people here on the forum that's having MASSIVE issues with their Mosaic Black.
This shows me that the issue was eventually caught that day, otherwise I'd be in the same boat.
I'm thinking the cars with issues were caught, pulled into the repair area and left untagged, next shift came in and assumed the repairs were done do too the prior shift not leaving any documentation on what was done and put into the shipping line.
If this is what happened its unexcusable, the only other explanation is that everyone working quality that day was blind.
I love my company but were not perfect, don't accept a repaint on a new $45,000.00 car, I sure as hell wouldn't.
Hopefully this wont cost me my job, but nothing matters more than the customers happiness.
Again, my heart goes out to those that are dealing with all these issues, I feel terrible about this.
Maybe you can be our chevy rep on this site instead of the ones who pop in with a bunch of one liners about how they are here to help but never come back.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:54 PM   #83
rd beast

This issue with paint has been going on since 2011 2012,2013, 2014 ,2015 i have the same issue, with my 2012, ss, my buddy has the hot wheels and he is all so in the same boat
rd beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:25 PM   #84
camaro1&6

Quote:
Thank you very much , I want you and everyone that reads this that part of the reason I have posted the things I have , is to educate and pass on and help.
My uncle was on the build team for the very first air conditioning unit EVER assembled by GM , his name is on the patent . I Love my chevys, it's embarrassing, But now that the proper people have seen the documentation I'm very hopeful that chevrolet does the right thing , But I appreciate your work and thoughts please keep the pride I hate seeing toyotas on the road lol