Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #71
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender2664 View Post
I think u r missing the point given u drawing an unfit conclusion from my logic.
It is an unimpressive motor because it is out classed by EVERY flat plane currently in production.
A flat plane motor is not unimpressive because it is decades old, this one is unimpressive because it is nothing special.

While Chevy is pushing the envelope of what an OHV engine can do, Ford is laying back on what a FP can easily do. The LT1 and 4 are special because they are the best OHV engines made, the voodoo is not special.
Is the voodoo better than the LT is a different discussion, one I'm not currently informed enough on to participate in as more than a spectator, and highly subjective.
Find an OHV motor more advanced than LT? You will not. Find a flat plane more impressive than the voodoo? They are everywhere.
A flat plane motor is not unimpressive because it’s decades old? Ford is laying back on what a FP can easily do?

Dear lord…this requires no response. You really have no idea.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #72
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Regrettably I have to side with MFB on this. The Voodoo engine really is pretty awesome. I would take a GT350R over any currently available Camaro as my track car if I could afford one.
Flame suit on.....
Hallelujah!
Old 10-10-2016, 10:47 AM   #73
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
C6Z for the win tho
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:21 AM   #74
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
It's special because it's in a domestic car that's relatively affordable. A domestic car that's KILLING on the track. And I'm throwing in again that it's affordable. The fact that you are throwing Ferrari into this conversation about a Ford Mustang is a win for Ford.
A GT350R is not affordable
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:25 AM   #75
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue2SS View Post
I wouldn't exactly call them the best OHV motor ever made. Maybe from the factory but thats about. The 351 I had in my fastback with a set of heads and cam made close to what these LT1s are. The biggest advantage the OHV has over the other is weight and package size.
I agree, I should have said factory.
I am not saying a OHV is superior to flat plane, I'm saying what Chevy is doing with OHV is impressive and what Ford is doing with a flat plane is not.
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:27 AM   #76
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
The fact that you are throwing Ferrari into this conversation about a Ford Mustang is a win for Ford.
Being compared to something is not impressive.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:29 AM   #77
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
I guess affordable is subjective but I wouldn't call the GT350 affordable or my 2SS. Affordable for me yes, for the average cat buyer no.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #78
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
It is $58k. And so is a Vette or convertible 2SS. I call it very affordable.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:40 AM   #79
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
I agree, I should have said factory.
I am not saying a OHV is superior to flat plane, I'm saying what Chevy is doing with OHV is impressive and what Ford is doing with a flat plane is not.
Dude, you have to stop...you're digging yourself deeper.

Have you stopped and asked yourself why until now, no manufacturers with the exception of exotics choose a FPC for their engines? Or how domestic manufacturers test their vehicles rigorously in order to last several hundred thousand miles with minimum maintenance? Did you look into the engineering that Ford went through to get their FPC ready for the domestic market? Have you asked yourself why there are NO FPC kits available for a SBF or SBC?
Old 10-10-2016, 11:43 AM   #80
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Being compared to something is not impressive.
Oh...I guess I'll have to remember that. So when the 1SS 1LE got compared to all those 100K plus cars and even bested some of them on MRLS that was just unimpressive.

Got it....
Old 10-10-2016, 11:44 AM   #81
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
I think u r missing the point given u drawing an unfit conclusion from my logic.
It is an unimpressive motor because it is out classed by EVERY flat plane currently in production.
A flat plane motor is not unimpressive because it is decades old, this one is unimpressive because it is nothing special.

While Chevy is pushing the envelope of what an OHV engine can do, Ford is laying back on what a FP can easily do. The LT1 and 4 are special because they are the best OHV engines made, the voodoo is not special.
Is the voodoo better than the LT is a different discussion, one I'm not currently informed enough on to participate in as more than a spectator, and highly subjective.
Find an OHV motor more advanced than LT? You will not. Find a flat plane more impressive than the voodoo? They are everywhere.
You seem to forget emissions play a key part of how domestic engines are designed. If you seriously think that fords Voodoo motor could only make 520 HP you're shitting yourself. Ferrari and other small boutique car makers are able to bypass that with credits and whatnot. It's one of the reasons a NA Z06 was shelved.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:45 AM   #82
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
Oh...I guess I'll have to remember that. So when the 1SS 1LE got compared to all those 100K plus cars and even bested some of them on MRLS that was just unimpressive.

Got it....
A corolla and Ferrari both have seats....unimpressive
Comparisons are unimpressive, it is what is behind them that makes them potentially impressive.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:48 AM   #83
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
A corolla and Ferrari both have seats....unimpressive
Comparisons are unimpressive, it is what is behind them that makes them potentially impressive.
uhhh....
Old 10-10-2016, 11:48 AM   #84
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
You seem to forget emissions play a key part of how domestic engines are designed. If you seriously think that fords Voodoo motor could only make 520 HP you're shitting yourself. Ferrari and other small boutique car makers are able to bypass that with credits and whatnot. It's one of the reasons a NA Z06 was shelved.
And if you think the LT1 could not make more power NA you are doing the same. Most engines are not tapped out, just look at what a 2.0L can do at the drag strip.